Comfort Inn & Suites South
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$149
US$127
US$122
Hotel Elan
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$101
All reviewsmacleod trailchinook mallyogurtdrive downtownhot tubfree breakfastindoor poolhard boiled eggsking suitefridge and microwavewaffle makerstaff was friendly and helpfulstampede groundscleaning stafflaundrythermostat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This place was great. I had driven all night and was rude to the staff, however they remained courteous and helpful. Clean rooms, great free breakfast with yogurt and waffles. Went down the waterslide twice! The price was good and if you let them know you plan to stay for a while you can receive a discount. Good touchdown spot for Calgary arrival.

Room Tip: I tried three different rooms and they were all good!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Sean C
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My friend and I just got back to Ontario from staying in Calgary for 5 Nights. We choose this hotel for several of the reviews were good, decent price, and on the "main strip" not far from downtown. We got a room on the 3rd floor, back side...very quiet.

Overall this hotel has decent staff that take care of this hotel very well. They are pretty friendly and welling to help when you need it.The Maids always cleaned our room every day and made the beds. None of our stuff was ever moved and nothing was taken. The beds are awesome there...very comfy. The room includes a coffee maker, large bar fridge (works well), iron & ironing board.

The Business Center and Guest Laundry they have is a great asset, the laundry can be abit expensive at $7 per load (including wash, dry, soap pack, bounce pack). But still a good thing to provide if someone requires it. I did a load and my clothes came out fine.

The breakfast they provide is good, the older Lady that runs it is really nice and great to talk with. She always made sure everything was stalked up and the "hot food" was warm. I was only expecting the hotel to provide a basic continental breakfast as many only serve cereal, oatmeal, toast, waffles, coffee and tea. Comfort Inn provides some other stuff that was a nice surprise. In the breakfast they also include yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage (patties), juices, plus everything I mentioned above. Definitely more then I expected and all of it really good.

The added touch, for me, was the pool and hot tub this hotel offers. I can say it was nice and kept pretty well. However, I was disappointed; minor things that relate back to a post on Trip Advisor from a year ago regarding the hot tub. The hot tub was more of a warm bath with very little jet action. You would turn it on and hear things start up, but the jets just wouldn't "put out" like a normal hot tub would. The other downside was the pool, it was kind of cold, thought it should have been warmer.

One piece of advise...and it ticked me off on check-out. They have this $2.10+tax fee for the in-room safe. Apparently you get charged it no matter if you use it or not. We didn't use ours, had no reason too. So upon check-out they tried to bill us for an extra $12 bucks, they said it was a mandatory charge. I pulled out my confirmation, it did say $2.10 a day for in-room safe, but NOTHING said it was mandatory. So I said if this is mandatory, why does it not indicate it somewhere...They promptly re-adjust my bill and not charge it.
SIDE NOTE...if its a mandatory whether you use it or not you should say that on the confirmations and reservation page, and again at check-in. Otherwise don't try to charge it!

So in conclusion, friendly staff, great breakfast and had a wonderful trip (first time flying for me). Good price, good location and close to everything.
A few minor things with this hotel, but nothing big to make not consider staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank KeyKing51
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We have stayed here before but this time it was under sad circumstances. We had to book at the last minute and the staff and the room made it a little easier. Good location for main routes to other parts of the city. Nice and clean

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank CaroleDreamon
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Hotel is a bit dated, but always clean. Good price, staff is nice, close to downtown/17 ave/ Stampede is likely the best part. Although there is a bar across the street, and it is right on Macleod trail, noise has never been an issue. Most hotels are completely non smoking now, but this one has a few smoking rooms, which is a bit of a perk.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank reiemiko
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Your average hotel. Good price, nice and clean, staff were friendly. Just stayed one night.
No reason why I would not stay again. My room overlooked Macleod trail but I did not hear a thing from the road. When booking I was a bit hesitant on the location, but it was all fine.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo