“Nice hotel and great location”

Comfort Inn & Suites South
Ranked #78 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The hotel is clean and the front desk staff are very helpful and make the checking in process very quick and painless. The rooms were very clean and the beds are comfortable. It was nice to have a smoking room and there was no overwhelming smoke smell when getting into the room.

The parking can be an issue on busy weekends with the main parking in back of the hotel.

My overall opinion of this hotel is that it is good for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin L
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Hi KevinL thank you for staying with us we appreciate you choosing Comfort Inn & Suites - South for your lodging needs when in Calgary. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Calgary.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I came to this hotel looking for a room and met the most ignorant, prejudiced and unprofessional staff at the front desk. It was my honeymoon and i wanted to spend some time with my wife there. Not only was I not allowed to see the room I wanted to pay for, but I was verbally insulted by the staff and he refused to check us into any available rooms. In all my travels I have never met with such rudeness from hotel staff....I decided to check into the Best Western Hotel Downtown...Much better hotel with very professional staff that have impeccable manners.

You cant pay me to stay at this crappy excuse of a hotel!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ikee_21

I am so sorry to hear that your check-in experience at our hotel was not a pleasant. All guests at check-in are asked for a credit card and picture identification which was not provided by yourself at check-in and therefore we were unable to check you in. This is done for the protection of our guests which I am sure you understand. Please do contact me and I would be more than happy to discuss this matter and incident in more detail with you.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I usually stay at Best Westerns, however decided to try a Comfort Inn again, which I had not used for the past 10 years. Choice Hotels just does not measure up to the same standards as Best Western. No wow. Coffee maker was disgustingly filthy and I brought it to the front desk. The clerk handled my complaint correctly which I appreciated. This is a smoking hotel which totally disgusts me. My original room was scheduled on the same floor as smoking rooms. I demanded to be put on a non smoking floor which he did.

Room Tip: If you're a non smoker, insist on being on the non smoking floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chimo5
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites whitel you were here in Calgary. We are in the process of renovating our guest rooms which we would like for you to come back and visit. Whilst renovating we will be removing the limited number of smoking rooms, making all floors non-smoking. Please do come back and stay with us in the near future and see the changes that have been made for you stay.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed here 3 nights recently. Found that no place in Calgary is cheap to stay but Comfort Inn was certainly reasonably priced by Calgary standards. Check in with a very pleasant lady was smooth and check-out was too. We had a room on the 4th floor facing the parking lot. Was very quiet. Beds were quite comfortable. The rooms were a little dated but very clean. The breakfast was standard - waffles, yogurt, toast, cereal, eggs, sausage and of course, coffee. You do need a car there as no restaurants (except Hooters) are within walking distance. Just 5 or 10 minutes away, you come to many restaurants. Chinook Mall is less than 5 minutes away by car. Lots of shopping there, a couple of restaurants and a big food court. If you want to take the C train downtown, it's less than a 5 minute ride and free parking at the station. All in all, a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Had a room at the back of hotel in the corner. Quiet room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gailirene
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Gailerene,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay wtih us, we are in the process of renovating our guest rooms and on your next visit to our hotel you will be able to see our updated guest rooms. We look forward in having you stay with us again on your next trip to Calgary.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Our friends recommended this hotel, and I will tell you, I was not disappointed. It is close to the chinook mall, and close to downtown. The staff members were really friendly. My kids really loved the water slide. The hot breakfast is a bonus. I really loved the rooms and they kept it very clean. Overall, I really liked the hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank CarSmart

Dear CarSmart,

Thank you for staying with us. We really appreciate your business and really happy that you enjoyed your stay, the pool and the breakfast. We look forward in seeing you again in the near future on your travels to Calgary.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This comfort inn is a very nice hotel outside downtown, but it is not very far. The hotel itself is very clean, and they have a nice breakfast which consist of some hot meals too, not very usual to comfort inn. And the rooms are super clean, thanks to the housekeepers that clean everyday. The girl in the from desk name cyndy helped us everything from checking in and out, and she knows all the answer if u ask her anything about the city. She is very helpful and always smile. Overall, a very nice stay, and i will come back and recommend to my friends, family and co worker that will visit calgary.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Mjs18mtl

We really appreciate you staying with us and thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel and look forward in having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Staff is pretty nice as is the location if you want to stay outside of downtown. Hotel is worn. Breakfast was below average and the area needed a cleaning. Fitness center has a tredmill, some free weights and a stair climber in a 8x8 room. Plenty of parking. Ton of places to eat in walking distance

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tmarcone
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you for staying with us. As you may have seen the signs around the hotel we are in the process of removation the hotel with new upgrades. The breakfast is provided as per the standards of the Franchise. When you are next in Calgary we look forward in accommodating you and for you to see the improvements to the hotel.