“Average”

Comfort Inn & Suites South
Ranked #79 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 20 June 2010

The place was packed when we stayed. Our room was average and clean but it appears that none of the rooms have microwaves do we couldn't heat our leftovers and our special breakfasts that we brought. Staff were very freindly to deal with. Rooms are large size. Watch out for fridges because ours was set to high and froze all our stuff. Stay in rooms on back of hotel cause front is busy mcleod trail and a hooters right across mcleod. If you can get a cheap rate it's ok if all you doing is using it for a home base and just sleeping. Within minutes of Chinook Mall which is getting major upgrades.

2  Thank 3gmom

Reviewed 16 February 2010

By chance, I was only staying for one night because the AC/Heating machine was soooo noisy. It would turn on and off throughout the night.

The rest I have no complaints. Maybe just service which I thought was a little cold. The staff did not go the extra mile to accommodate me for extended checkout time, bring me my late-luggage to the room... Breakfast time does end early at 9:30AM.

But at $100 a night, it's fine. The business centre room/pool/gym were appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank TripSN
Reviewed 13 August 2009

For a booking with 4 people the room only had two towels, TV picture was fuzzy so I had to fiddle with the connections, with small children the TV is important. Hot tub jets didn't work, and it was not hot more like just a warm bath, also bathrooms by pool were out of order, both the men's and women's. Last breakfast is only till 9:30, most hotels have it till 10. I would not stay here again, even with a big discount.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank go-have-fun-now
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We stayed here for one night with the our family on our return back from vancouver. The hotel is near the chinook mall. This is the second time we chose to stay here, the first was 2 years ago, good stay, good breakfast - only bad thing was that a few cars were broken into in the back parking lot overnight (park close to the doors if possible). Not sure about the area around the hotel there is a hooters, a night club, several pawn shops. The hotel is fairly clean, average pool with small waterslide. I noticed on our most recent visit that the room was showing some wear and needed repairs done to the tile in the bathroom (broken tiles, missing grout). Just an average comfort inn - if you find it at a good price it may be worth considering.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Dean1967
Reviewed 21 October 2008

The hotel is pretty non-descript....except that for some reason Alberta Health was doing flu shots there....weird...I mean the lobby wasn't really full...but it felt like a walk-in clinic the first day. We checked in at 1:00 pm....that was good....room was clean...fridge worked...bathroom did the job...room size is average.
We've stayed there a coupla times now, first it's across the street from the Back Alley, which is a perfect location for us. It's also a short walk to the LRT to get to the Saddledome. I am thinkning though, everytime I stay at the Comfort Inn, the Flames lose...so maybe it's time to find somewhere else???

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2008

Located on a busy commercial boulevard, this hotel seems to be fairly new. The person at the front desk was ok.. Gave me a room that was not yet ready and was not very helpful when the vending machines were out of order. (didn't apologize or give me any idea when they would be fixed.)
Breakfast was really bland. Bad coffee (meaning dish washing water has more flavor) and Costco type of muffins.
The room was large and nice. It was difficult to regulate the temparature.. . too cold if the air conditionning is on.. and way too warm to sleep well if nothing is working... (and noisy street makes it impossible to let the window open all night.)
Because of business, I have to stay there... but if I had to pay for it myself... I would pick another hotel..

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank josee19963
Reviewed 30 September 2008

I was so disappointed with the overall service. There was an error on our bill and tried to discuss this with the manager. His response was that I was not reading it correctly and it was a mandatory charge end of conversation. As well the day we checked in they had already charged our credit card with the stay. I thought that’s what happened when you check out?

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank greta_mooreover