“Good Quality”

Ranked #56 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
The World
“Good Quality”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This hotel is located out of the downtown Calgary 'rat-race'. I've lived in Calgary for many year, but have moved away...I hate staying downtown. There are few quality places, but this is one hotel that meets my requirements.
The Sheraton Group maintain excellent 'quality' checks on their properties, so no matter where one stays, their hotels can be counted on for good value. They may not be fancy, beautiful or vacation venues, but these properties meet the mark for a darned good place to stay.

Room Tip: North Side is quiet. The South side faces the Trans-Canada Highway.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank B777av8r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We booked this hotel through Hotel Club because we had a credit with them. When we arrived, I asked if there was a room available with 1 King bed rather than 2 Queen. They told me that because we had booked through someone else, this was unavailable to us. No big deal. I asked them if they could add my SPG rewards to the reservation and again they said this was again unavailable to us. Even though we are members, (I showed him my card) we walked to the farthest section of the hotel, passed room after room that had a plaque on the door that said "SPG Preferred Guests" to a section that a few of the rooms didn't have this "plaque". I would have liked to have seen a room that was for SPG guests to compare and I was disappointed in the way we were treated.
I would probably stay here again if we were in the area but there are also others I might try too.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tammy M
Montreal
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I understand from some colleagues that the rooms need work, with peeling wallpaper & old bathrooms. For no particular reason that I'm aware of, I received an upgrade & was given some kind of members' suite (I'm not really a member of anything) which was a delight. My room was spacious, clean & the wallpaper fully intact. The bathroom did show signs of age, but was fine.

Staff was very friendly, the hotel was clean & offered some nice touches, from coffee/tea throughout much of the day, apples, newspapers & such. Parking is convenient & included for guests, & right by the highway which was greatly convenient since I needed to drive out several times. The meeting rooms we used were good, only the hot breakfast we ordered & paid for was removed too quickly, & one colleague was sadly left only with fruit. (We did file a complaint.)

Finally, I had a nice hot sandwich at the restaurant; they were kind enough to serve us a late dinner though they were pretty much closing up. Much appreciated as we had a long work-day. They deserved a generous tip for that. Breakfast was good though I ordered off the menu & can't comment on the buffet.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank CasualDebris
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2011

It is a tired older hotel, that they have renovated. There were several tv boxes still in the fire escape stairways. We checked in and got a room that had been renovated, but not complete. There were several things missing in the room..no closet rod, coffee pot, microwave and you couldnt open the fridge. The tv/ sitting room wasnt complete either, missing remote too. He did move us the next morning, saying they were full the first night. The heaters woke us up everytime it ran. Water pressure in the shower is poor. They give you $3 off the $12 breakfast buffet, which was ok, nothing great. Cereal, toast, sausage, eggs the usual. HI Xpress has a better breakfast, and it's included. The cost of the room is also more reasonable.

Room Tip: They do have decks with chairs, but ask to see the room first
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jogar1
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Had a bed that had possible bugs on them and the front desk think I am insane when I even showed them the bites and said I am always in Long sleeves outside of hotel and they didn't do anything but change my room and gave the attitude that i should be grateful for them changing my room already.

• Stayed November 2011
RyanOcbina, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Mzjulz,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. You comments are important to us as they help us improve the level of service at our hotel.

Please accept my deepest apologizes for your inconveniences during your previous stay with us.

If you have not been contacted regarding your issues, please let me know. I would be more that happy to address your concerns.

Ryan Ocbina
1-877-288-4441 ext 417
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Have stayed here on numerous occasions and the quailty continues to decline. I was stuck on the main level with a parking lot view, which was very depressing. The room was old and quite dated. I requested that I be moved, but I received the "we're overbooked and this is all we have left" speech. I will consider other hotels in the area before this one in the future. It just isn't the same place and this is post renovation. Before check out on my last day, no cold water, only hot. Told the staff upon check out and received 10% off my last night's rate. Whoopie! There are other alternatives in the city, check them out first!

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Traejen
Dear Traejen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. You comments are important to us as they help us improve the level of service at our hotel.

We apologize for plumbing issues during your last stay with us. We were in the process of installing new hot water boilers and the lines were accidentally crossed. This issue has been resolved.

It is with regret to hear that you feel the hotel is declining. On behalf of all the staff and management at our property please accept our sincerest apologies.

I would like to invite you back to our hotel. I value the opportunity to discuss your recent issues to make our hotel a better place to stay. My contact number is below if you would like to speak with me.

Best Regards,

Ryan Ocbina
1-877-288-4441 ext 417
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed two nights. The hotel was adequate for a brief "stop over" to mix business & pleasure. Had a rental vehicle so pointless to pay the high airport hotel prices. Banff & Rockies were easily accessible from the hotel location. Four Points is often dissapointing in the US so lived up to our previous experiences. Enjoyed a larger upgraded room but was very old and did not smell the best. Only solution would be to upgrade & revitalise the rooms. Some rooms on the other levels looked like they were in the process of renovating. Staff were all pleasant, friendly and as we've come to enjoy in Alberta very polite.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business