“a great disappointment”

Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
“a great disappointment”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

we were told that this hotel gives discounts for patrons that are doing a hospital visit in calgary....they didnt....when a friend phoned to find out what the difference would have been the difference is...we paid $139.00 plus tourism tax ,destination fee, goods and services tax...total $155.68......my friend was told the price should have been $109 plus taxes....when asked why they couldn't do a refund the answer was...because i had paid cash so they couldn't refund ....unbelievable...the food at this hotel was the worst i have ever eaten....but i do have to say....the staff were wonderful to us....the desk clerks were a blessing as we were under a lot of stress ....so cudos to the hotel....at least you have good taste in picking your desk staff.... i will never stay here again

Room Tip: make sure you double check the rates so you know you are not being ripped off
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Camrose, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

From first looks it is like any Starwood property. Clean lobby, clean rooms. Then the staff come in. Worst I have seen of any Sheraton I've been to. No security, maintenance, front desk staff, pool staff, or anything else that makes these properties what they are suppose to be. Had the front desk girls working in the restaurant serving breakfast. It was brutal. 15 min to check out. Buffet was gross for breakfast. Absolutely brutal. We checked out a day early to move to another Sheraton in Calgary. Being a gold member I am embarrassed to of stayed here.

• Stayed March 2013
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback Chadphil.
First off I would like to apologize for the experience you had at the hotel. This is certainly not the Four Points experience we aim to provide our guests, and are truly sorry this happened during your stay. Our Hotel associates normally receive glowing accolades about their friendliness and helpfulness and I apologize if this is not what you experienced. I understand that this weekend was a very busy time for Ric’s Lounge and Grill with the Provincial tournament teams from Hockey Alberta. However elevated business volume should not affect our guests experience nor the quality of the food.

Once again Chadphil I am truly sorry about the experience you encountered. Due to your concerns and feedback I encourage you to reach out to me directly so I may help to rectify the situation and speak to your personally. Please reach out to me at any time.
Heather Craigdallie, General Manager.
403-202-4417 gm@fourpoints-calgary.ca
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This is a great hotel if you are looking for affordability and comfort. The front desk personnel was efficient and friendly. The room was clean and trendy with comfortable beds. 3 bottles of chilled water were in the room for my use, all free.

I ordered in room service and the food was hot and very tasty. I also used the gym and it was modern and all the equipment worked.

After my workout I stopped into the snack shack and grabbed a few items (it was well stocked) and the gal that helped me find healthy choices was friendly. She suggested a nut and raisin combo pack which was on the house. Awesome!

I will definitely return :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Alberta
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I haven't stayed at a budget hotel in quite some time, but due to an early morning appearance, I had to stay at this hotel. I must say, that all-in-all, I was pleasantly surprised. As at SPG member, they had specific rooms for members with a few perks. My room was pleasantly designed, great bed and pillows and flat screen tv.

Albeit a small fitness room, it was open 24 hours although you had to call the front desk to open it - I appreciated them accommodating my early morning request. I can't believe how many more expensive hotels won't.

I can't say I'd stay here again personally, but it you're looking for great quality on a budget (I think the room rate was around $130), this was an exception stay!

Plus, if you're a smoker (I'm not), all rooms had a balcony.

Room Tip: With a balcony if you're a smoker or like fresh air.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Wonderful front desk staff! Clean, bright, modern rooms. Excellent for family or business traveller. Would definitely need a rental car as you are far removed from downtown. What was the real treat? The very fast and clean water slide! The whole family tried the "tube" out as did the other families in the pool.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Water F
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I suppose it depends what part of Calgary you want to see. I recognize that the city is very spaced out but I felt I was a bit disconnected. Overall, my stay was very pleasant and I thought the staff were friendly. The rooms were clean and nice. I enjoyed my visit. In fact I guess I saw a part of the city I hadn't seen before!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel has a great location if you have a car. On the number 1 highway, close to Stoney trail.
The hotel is clean and families may enjoy the water slide. The rooms are spacious, but the walls are paper thin you hear every person in the hallway. (earplugs were supplied in the room ). Beds are comfortable, staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ChongandMo
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you for your review ChongandMo!
Noise can be an issue in all hotels and we are always taking steps to improve our facilities. We pride ourselves for having a clean hotel with friendly staff, so thank you for recognizing it. We can’t wait for you to stay with us again!