“Friendly Staff, Quiet Location, Comfortable Rooms”

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary
“Friendly Staff, Quiet Location, Comfortable Rooms”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We were pleased with this hotel for many reasons, but above all it was the friendly staff that made our stay extra special. We were upgraded to a larger Queen Suite and our room was bright, spacious, and comfortable. We loved having a balcony and I think most rooms come with this feature. I loved the ability to walk out into the fresh air right from the comfort of your own room. The suite had two rooms with a television in each room. This was a fantastic feature and I was impressed how sound proofed the rooms were from one another when the separating door was closed. The suite had a fridge and a microwave which added extra value to the package. The air conditioning was noisy and our bathroom fan was really, really loud. Unfortunately we could not turn the fan off and still have the light on, which was disappointing because the noise from the fan was almost unbearable. The hotel and room were fairly comfortable but there was a lot of visible dirt around the outside edges of the carpet. I likely wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't down on my hands and knees trying to find children's toys. The bathroom wasn't as large or as luxurious as most Sheraton rooms, but it was still nice and provided the wonderful self-serve shampoo, conditioner, and body wash station rather than the individual, hard to use bottles. I really like that feature. I also really like the room doors as they can be easily set to stay open for the ease of putting luggage in the room, etc. The staff at this hotel are beyond incredible. They are so friendly and seem to really enjoy their jobs. I just loved sitting back and watching them happily interact among themselves and customers. It was refreshing to see such a healthy work environment. One staff member helped me wheel around my baby stroller and the others helped me carry luggage and hold the elevator. The location was a little far from everything but I enjoyed the quiet retreat. If you don't have a car or access to a car I probably would not recommend this hotel. I was overall very impressed with this hotel. If I had any recommendations it would be to join their free loyalty program Starwood Preferred Guest program, it is well worth the time it takes to sign up.

Room Tip: Join the free Starwood Preferred Guest program and ask for one of the SPG rooms. The Queen Suite was...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank alaskan_skies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Camrose, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We spent the second weekend of May in Calgary at this hotel! It was excellent! We had great desk clerks! Especially Chris, who got us into a bigger room! We loved our stay! Even had a friendly fellow, from the desk carry out our cooler when we were leaving! Have to mention the cleaning staff also, cause our room was spotless! Thanks! Our stay couldn't have been better!

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 Queens, and a fold out, with a separate TV, worked great with kids, and GRampa!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lori W
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, 3 June 2013

Chris is a fantastic team member, thank you for taking the time to mention his service and I will be sure to pass the kudos along! It is always nice to hear about team members making a difference and I am so happy that they made your stay. We look forward to having you with us again, safe travels!
Heather Craigdallie, General Manager
Fresno, California
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a delightful hotel,in a quiet location and a very convenient place to stay on the west side of Calgary. It is right off of the Trans Canada Hwy 1 and provides easy access if going to the Banff area. We liked the room which was very large, comfortable and quiet. The bed was also great. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful to us both during check-in, check out and in locating and returning an item to us that was left in the room. The attached restaurant Ric's has fabulous food but the service is a bit spotty.

Overall we chose this location because it made it easy to meet up with family and friends that live on the west side of Calgary. The drive from the airport was easy as well and we avoided driving through downtown.

When we go back to Calgary we will definitely look forward to staying here again and the rates are very competitive especially for the level of services offered here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sonia5501
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 4 May 2013

nice suite sized rooms, good beds, big new flat screens. Its on the trans Canada highway but even though my room faced the highway I hardly noticed. They provide ear plugs in room just in case.

Food in restaurant is pretty good but service is deplorable. I counted 3 wait staff, 2 bartenders and manager working plus kitchen staff.At one point I looked up and realized not one of them were on the floor - not for a moment, not for a few minutes but maybe 10 - 15 minutes. Customers were asking around, looking around for someone - anyone to refill a drink or pay a bill.

My ratings reflect the hotel - not restaurant.

Room Tip: ask for non highway side - but to be honest the road noise was not noticeable to me.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Omoishiroi
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed for 2 nights this past weekend. The front desk service was spot on and we even got upgraded to a suite for free. The room was very large and clean. Loved having free bottled water in the fridge. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking parking lot if you are a light sleeper. However, we had no problem with sl...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CharVacation
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Right from our first impression and contact with Sarah at the Front Desk to Crystal in the Embers Restaurant, our experience was excellent. Friendly, helpful beyond expectations.
Clean rooms and facilities. Well worth a second visit in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for the review JimC, and especially for the feedback of our team members! These 2 ladies are a part of an amazing team and I know the acknowledgement means a lot to them. Please come back and visit us soon!
Heather Craigdallie,
Fort St John
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times now, and each time, I am impressed with the reception I receive from staff. The hotel is conveniently located close to a number of restaurants but has recently renovated its own dining facilities very successfully. Foothills Medical Centre and Alberta Children's Hospital are nearby. At present, the hotel hosts a Wednesday afternoon social event for guests, a brilliant marketing idea. I will return here frequently.

Room Tip: The corner suites are lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
We love having you stay with us and look forward to your next visit. Wednesdays Best Brew and BBQ nights are fun and I’m happy to hear you enjoy the reception. With summer upon us I’m looking forward to all the new creations from the kitchen!
Safe travels,