“Wonderful Wedding Location & Accomodations”

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful Wedding Location & Accomodations”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My husband and I had originally booked the Calgary Zoo for our wedding, however due to the Alberta flood we had to book elsewhere. After looking at a few locations we decided on the beautiful Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West. We were in a huge rush due to the 3 week turnaround that we had to relocate our wedding.

The Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West was very accommodating with everything and met all our needs and plans we had set originally with the Calgary Zoo plus more! Our wedding was perfect and the staff was wonderful. We booked the honeymoon suite and it blew our minds, just amazing! Our wedding guests had a blast and loved the queen suites they stayed in. My younger sister (11 yrs old) loved the pool and water slide. The food was delicious and the portions were very generous.

Everything was perfect! Big thank you to the staff!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether it be an overnight stay, wedding / event booking or week long visit to Calgary.

1 Thank jacquelope
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day Jacquelope!
I can only imagine the stress of finding out your wedding venue was so badly damaged during the flood. I am so happy that our team was able to assist in turning the event around and pulling off your magical day. I have passed along your kind words to all of the team, and a big congratulations to you and your new husband!
Looking forward to having you back with us,
Heather Craigdallie, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Toronto
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was travelling for work and needed to be at Canada Olympic Park so this was a perfect location! Directly across the street from the park, not only was it a great location, but a great view. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were HUGE! I was able to do a workout in my room without any issues.

There is a McDonalds and a Denny's within a 2 minute walk offering an alternative for meals, and lots of great restaurants within close driving distance. About 20min drive to downtown, so if you need to be in the city this wouldnt be the best location for you.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, were able to accomodate all of our requests, and on my next trip out in August I will stay here again!

If you like swimming there is a waterslide in the pool which is fun for kids or a wake up before meetings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a veiw of Canada Olympic Park! Otherwise yo uare looking at a parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ashgToronto
Thank you for your review ashgToronto!
We love our location too! Close to everything but outside of the hustle and bustle of the downtown core. I have never done it myself but yes, I’m sure a trip down the waterslide would be a perfect wake me up!
Safe travels,
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Waterslide at the pool is so much fun! Nice clean room. Make sure to get a room with a separate sitting area - great if you have kids. You put them to bed and shut the door and you can still watch TV on the couch for a while. Woohoo. Staff was great, including the housekeeping staff. Can't go wrong staying here. McDonalds and Denny's next door for breakfast.

1 Thank IMARover1973
Thank you for your review IMARover1973!
The separate living rooms in our Queen Suites are fantastic for a bit of extra space and getting the kids to bed. I’m glad you found them useful. And nothing rounds out a stay better than a trip or 2 down the waterslide.
Looking forward to your next visit, safe travels.
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My son and I arrived at the hotel just before the State of Emergency was declared in Calgary due to the flooding. There were plenty of parking spaces. The young man on reception told us he was new but was very friendly and check-in was problem free. We had a twin Queen suite with a separate lounge with a 42" flat screen tv in both rooms. The suite was on the ground floor facing the highway but we could not hear the traffic even though the city was being evacuated! The suite was very tidy and well equipped. My only criticisms would be the lack of a kettle, only 1 teabag supplied and no mirror in the bedroom. When we had to stay an extra night due to the floods, the receptionist re-booked the same room for us without any fuss.
We used room service for one dinner and one breakfast. Service was fast and the food was good. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the one breakfast we had in Ric's lounge - service was incredibly slow and the waitress forgot to bring any margarine of preserves to go with my croissant and toast and poured my coffee instead of tea. My tip - stay in your room to eat!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shirley J
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, 1 August 2013

I will be sure to pass your accolades along to the staff member mentioned, I know exactly who you are referring to! For any future stays please let us know of your requirements as we do have kettles available for the guest rooms. My apologies about the breakfast experience you had. Should you wish to discuss the event any further please feel free to reach out to me at any time.
Safe Travels,
Heather Craigdallie – General manager
gm@fourpoints-calgary.ca
Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here for the Stampede weekend and concurrent family reunion. The hotel was very clean, the staff friendly and we encountered no problems whatsoever. The rooms were quiet at night and our stay was very good. In my opinion the balconies are a bit small and trying to have a coffee out there is very tight and as the balcony did not have a table,we took the one from our room back and forth( none of the other balconies had tables either).

1 Thank nhlguy
Thank you for your review NHLGUY!
Stampede is such an exciting time in the city, lucky you to be here and enjoy it. Balconies are always nice for morning coffee and the idea of a table has been added to my list. Thank you for the recommendation!
Safe travels,
Heather Craigdallie – General Manager
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We originally chose this hotel as a meeting place for family members coming in from different areas before our trip to Banff. It was across from the Olympic Park and on the main road to Banff. In spite of the flooding in the downtown, this was easily accessed from the airport by going north and taking Stoney Tr. to Canada 1 ( no delays, no problems).

The hotel itself was well maintained, our room was clean, and good size (for the price, a great deal). The front staff (as other reviewers have said) were friendly and helpful. There was a nice pool with a waterslide which the kids enjoyed.

The attached restaurant could have been better. Food seemed slow coming out of the kitchen and wasn't worth the wait. In the morning, there was a Denny's within walking distance so didn't try it for breakfast.

We would return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thor171
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, 15 July 2013

Thankfully our location was safe from the flooding in town and there are numerous ways to access us. Our team members love what they do and it shows, thank you for the recognition.

I appreciate your feedback regarding Ric’s Lounge and Grill and will be sure to pass your concerns along. Please reach out to me should you be heading back our way as I would love to treat you to Ric’s fantastic breakfast buffet.

Safe Travels,
Heather Craigdallie, gm@fourpoints-calgary.ca
Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2013

There was a 3 day music festival held near the hotel this past weekend. Despite messy evidence of merrymaking widely scattered throughout the halls, our room was in a quiet and clean part of the hotel. The housekeeping staff had their work cut out for them on Monday morning. My room was nicely appointed, larger than expected for the price and the bed was very comfortable. If highway noise is bothersome, there were complimentary earplugs. There are rooms available on the opposite side of the hotel overlooking the parking lot. Dinner in the lounge was just okay and a bit overpriced, same with breakfast. The menu choices are appealing, but like many restaurants these days, the plates and portions are too big while attention to the freshness of ingredients and care in preparation are areas for improvement. The hotel decor is very nice, but the staff make the stay. You can tell that attention to the needs of the guest are important here. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Consider a room overlooking the parking lot as the hotel sits beside the TransCanada Highway to Banf...
2 Thank windgrrl v