“Great service and Great room”

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
Ranked #56 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 23 December 2013

What a great spot. The view is spectacular. The service is outstanding. The coffee shop and the restaurant are first class. What a great deal. The spa area and pool looked very inviting and clean. The front desk staff were the best.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

BrianS1,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in providing all of our guests great customer service and setting them up for a great stay.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon Brian, happy holidays to you and your family and all the best in the new year.

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
403-288-4441

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Nice location, relatively large hotel but nice amenities and professional staff. My only problem was that I booked the driver to pick me up at 11.30pm at night to go to the airport for a red eye - and after confirming it with the front desk staff - he did not show up and they had to call a taxi for me, making me 20 minutes late.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Room was nice enough, highway noise didn't bother me however the restaurant food was awful. I was at the hotel for a two day meeting and due to time constraints was forced to eat at the restaurant on location. My pizza was filthy, the ahi tuna is cut wrong and that can make a world of difference in ahi tuna taste, they got my order wrong twice in the dining room and they use Saran Wrap on all their in room dining food including on top of cooking bacon, which I would be concerned is a carcinogenic if the plastic is melting so I didn't eat my in room dining bacon despite the cost! Such a shame as the hotel staff were delightful. Even as I had to find a new dinner in the hotel pantry store of chips and chocolate. The service spirit here was amazing although some basic food issues need to be addressed. The chinese chicken appetizer was very good though, it was the only thing on the menu I found that I liked. Trying hard but just missing the mark.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear AndreaPeek,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your guest room and the friendly service we offer during your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service, facilities and an overall great stay for all of our valued guests.

We are sorry to hear about your restaurant experience. I can assure you this is not a typical dining experience with us and I have passed your feedback onto our Restaurant Manager so we may review these deficiencies and fix them. Please accept our apologies regarding this.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back and show you the true restaurant experience at our hotel. Please reach out to myself directly and I would be happy to assist you with this.

Thank you again AndreaPeek, I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to our property in the future!

Best regards,

E: fdmanager@fourpoints-calgary.ca
T: 403-288-4441

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed here because we could not find rooms in my university hotel.
I was put up in a room next to trans Canada highway, was a little noisy for me.
I called the desk and they immediately moved to the back without any questions.
The restaurant has good food and the hotel has many fast food restaurants around.

The customer service is nice and I requested a news paper and they delivered t to my room for the full stay.
Nice and attentive manager Sarah.

Room Tip: Request rooms in the back
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Roman P,

Thank you very much for the feedback about your stay with us! I am happy to see we were able to accommodate you in a room away from the highway. We understand it can be difficult to get a good nights rest in a busy city like Calgary and we do our absolute best to accommodate all of our valued guests in a quiet area.

I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Sarah. We hope to welcome you back to our property again soon!

Thank you again Roman P, take care.

Best regards,

403-288-4442

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my 2 children during my daughter's hockey tournament. We chose the location for proximity to Olympic Park.

On the plus side, I slept relatively well considering the hotel was full of hockey teams, even without the supplied ear plugs. :). The bed was comfortable and there wasn't much noise carrying through the walls or ceiling.
The pool and water slide were a hit with the kids.

On the downside, the pool area has nothing to mitigate noise. Maybe the earplugs were for the pool? The supervising parents had to take shifts to prevent our ears from bleeding.

Although dinner service at Ric's was good, breakfast service was brutal. One morning I ordered room service via the card you hang on your door the night before. I ordered two meals for 6:30-6:45 delivery. It arrived at 7, missing a meal and cutlery. Thankfully I wasn't charged for the missing food but we were hungry and late to get to the rink. I figured we'd go to the buffet the next morning so that we'd have food when we wanted it, complete with tools to eat with. :). We sat ourselves, got our food, but no server came to our table within the first 5 minutes (there was only one other table occupied). I had to go looking for someone to get a coffee. Mid-meal our bill showed up, no offer to top up my coffee, and then she never came back for me to pay my bill. I can't remember the last time I had such horrible service.

In summary, stay here for a good sleep, but have breakfast at McDonalds for a better dining experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback kru73.

The pool and waterslide are a hit with our guests and I am happy to hear your team also enjoyed it. Both the pool and fitness centre will be going through a full renovation in 2014 and we hope to not only update the appearance, but create a noise buffer as well.

I have discussed your concerns with the Food and Beverage Manager and apologize for the lack of service and attention to detail. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can be of further assistance with the issue.

Safe Travels, Heather Craigdallie – General Manager
gm@fourpoints-calgary.ca

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Sheraton Four Points West is a hotel dependable in all aspects...ambiance, cleanliness, service and proximity to points west in Calgary. Always love to stay here and enjoy the Sunday morning buffet with family and friends.

Room Tip: Facing away from 16th Avenue keeps out road noise but it's hardly noticeable at any rate. Rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the review MonikaDery!

It’s nice to hear that we continue to deliver a comfortable stay you can count on. Our team loves what they do and it shows. Safe travels and I look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Heather Craigdallie – General Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ideally located on the Trans-Canada highway just on the edge of the city, but directly on the route for the Rockies.
Myself & friend shared a double queen bed room, comfy beds, large flat screen TV and coffee making facilities.
Bathroom small but kept clean with fresh towels daily.
Had breakfast buffet which was plentiful and varied and also visited bar one evening which had a good atmosphere.
A good value hotel, ideal for exploring the city and the mountains

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business