“Great Experience”

Ranked #56 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The distance to the location from the airport did surprise me but once I was checked in it became obvious the choice was the right one and the travel meant nothing. I'd book the same property again in a heartbeat. Rooms were large and clean, beds comfortable, washrooms well laid out with all the toiletries and desk large enough to conduct business with a very responsive WiFi connection. The restaurant was on the high end of costs but the meals are prepared very well with good portions. However, there are other dining establishments within a short walking distance so the area does fit everyones budget. Management and staff were extremely courteous and fun to speak with and helpful when rquired. They made my short stay relaxing and memorable.

Room Tip: One side has great views of the Olympic Park.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback.
We are always happy to host Broom-ballers and hope you enjoyed the tournament.
We look forward to next year, and hopefully having you with us again.

Safe Travels,
Heather Craigdallie – General Manager.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Was a great stay for me on business. Their was a free snacks at the restaurant attached the building one a couple nights. Paper was outside your room daily in the morning as well. The bed were extremely comfortable and your choice of coffee or tea in your room no charge above your mini fridge. If you have time to ski it was right across the road from Canadian Olympic park and they offer night skiiing.

The hot tub was not working during our stay, but the pool and small gym was in operation and they had free bottled water for guests. Staff was super friendly and being a military guy, it was nice to see in their lobby a donation food box for local veterans via their legion during the Christmas season.

I will be staying there again on business or pleasure next time.

Room Tip: It's a long walk to the pool and hot tub, I would bring sandals as the floors are all carpet and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review Travelling_cdn_sailor!

I am so happy to hear we had everything you were looking for. Donating the canned goods to the Bowness Legion was a heartwarming day for everyone involved. It always feels good to give back to the community in any way possible.
We have had an exciting renovation to our fitness center and hopefully you get a chance to come back and see the larger space.

Safe travels,
Heather Craigdallie – General Manager.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a night with our 4 year old daughter on our way back home when it was getting fairly late; so we decided to call it a night.
At first I thought the prices were a little steep until we walked in. It was really nice inside! You immediately felt comfortable and at home. The rooms, common areas and hallway were very clean and felt refreshing. I must say the beds were the comfiest I've slept in; such luxurious bedding! We also had a balcony which was nice to catch some fresh air.
They had everything you would want in a hotel. A nice pool with a water slide, a restaurant, pub and a spa!
I also loved the location. The hotel was easy to find, and was close to shopping malls and entertainment.
We will definitely choose Four Points by Sheraton when were in Calgary again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Rachelle D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed our facilities!

We take pride in providing all of our valued guests with comfortable amenities and welcoming facilities. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our signature Four Comfort Bed and your guest room.

We appreciate your loyalty and business and we hope to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in the near future for another great stay!

Thank you again Rachelle for taking the time to post a review on the Four Points. Please feel free to contact me directly should your travels bring you back and I will provide you with a great room at a great rate.

In hospitality,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our room is great-balcony overlooking the 3 Olympic skijumps-breathtaking.The $15/pp buffet was not so great. Food that was available was decent however chafing pans were empty & always needing replenishment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Christopher W,

Thank you for sharing your most recent stay with us.

We are disappointed to see we missed the mark in our restaurant. Since your review, we have met with our team to ensure there are no inconsistencies in keeping up with the food supply. I can assure you this is not typical of our restaurant.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back for the full Four Points experience of a great stay in all areas. Please feel free to contact me and I will be sure to set you up for a fantastic stay.

Thank you again and take care!

In hospitality,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here for an overnighter tournament. Great location on the nicer side of Calgary. Close to amenities, McDonald's , gas station, Starbucks, Denny's. Over looks the Olympic park, if you ask for the view. Right off the Trans Canada Hwy 1. I was pleasantly surprised how nice this hotel is. With a more modern flare. VERY clean. Comfortable beds. Clean bathroom stocked. Nice classier restaurant. High stylist. Swimming Pool. No breakfast buffet, but that's alright. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Monika B,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are delighted to hear you we able to enjoy all of our facilities while you were here with the team.

We pride ourselves in providing clean, comfortable facilities and we enjoy having teams stay with us.

I'm unsure if the team may have missed the buffet breakfast time or if there was another function going on at the time but Ric's Lounge and grill provides a great buffet breakfast from 6:30am until 10:30am daily. We hope to welcome you back to our property so you can experience this!

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. Should your travels bring you back to Calgary, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly for an individual stay or our Sales Manager, Carl Flores for all group rates and reservations.

Take care and have a great week!

fdmanager@fourpoints-calgary.ca

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel is very typical of the Sheraton brand - quiet, comfortable beds and accommodating staff. The only downside was the onsite restaurant - the food is just okay and the staff don't seem too happy to be working there. There is a bar at the hotel next door which was better with their staff and their prices were much better as well. That hotel has a Denny's so if that offers another alternative. The hotel location is good but you need a car in order to do things - very few things to walk to.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear cpmj,

Thank you for posting your stay with us to TripAdvisor. We appreciate all the feedback we receive from our valued guests.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your guest room and our friendly staff. At Four Points, we strive to provide honest, uncomplicated, comfort and it delights us to hear this was your experience with our brand.

We are disappointed to hear about your restaurant experience. I can assure you this is not typical of our restaurant staff and I have passed on your experience to our Restaurant Manager so we may follow up with the team to ensure our typical service standards of friendliness and great food are always met and exceeded.

I hope to welcome you back to our property to show you the true Four Points dining experience. Please feel free to contact me should you return to Calgary and I would be happy to arrange a great room and a great rate with breakfast on us.

Thank you again cpmj, take care and have a great week!

fdmanager@fourpoints-calgary.ca

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nice and clean hotel. Nice room size. Restaurant was ok. Friendly service as my reservation was screwed up but they fixed it. Great location especially if you are going to the Olympic park. It is close to the highway. Just be careful going up the slope/hill when driving.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Rachelle L, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Minh O,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are always looking to provide each and every guest with a fantastic stay. Should you return to the Calgary area, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will provide you with a great room at a great rate.

T: 403-288-4441