“Professional dedicated Staff”

Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Professional dedicated Staff”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

From Hong Kong to Singapore, we end up in Calgary for business at the Hyatt. With a convenient location downtown, a Swimming pool and fitness room on the upper floor as well as a private lounge if you do ask for the regency club at time of booking. The Staff had reminded me a lot of Hong Kong and singapore services we had, professional, dedicated and always a smile. The room and beds are confortable. We had just enough time to try the lounge and the restaurant, from wine to salad and main course it was a pleasure.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mel9915

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Attached to the convention centre, on the o-train, the best rooms and best service of all the large hotels in the downtown.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank bbanks945
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This is the second time in 5 months we as a family have stayed at this hotel and I cannot fault anything. It is in a centre of Calgary, easy walking distance to attractions and eating places. The staff were yet again very friendly and helpful. We had a car with us this time and the heated underground parking was very reasonable at $25 a night (especially as we are more used to London prices!!!). The one thing that would have made our stay even better would have been free or at least a more reasonable rate for WiFi internet connection. As long as the standard is maintained at this hotel we will continue to use this hotel on each trip to Calgary.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lotty786
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2011

This review is probably not meaningful for members of Hyatt's reward program who would get (probably pay for) their perks; rather my experience was as a first time Hyatt guest. I was travelling for a conference and did not make the reservation at the hotel. The corporate rate of $179 was perfectly reasonable for the hotel, location and quality of the standard room; but apparently is considered rock-bottom and virtually nothing is included. Even so I did enjoy the room service and paid the $14/day for wi-fi access. Nothing is posted in the room but in my experience hotels generally do not charge more than $1 per minute for long-distance; I made two calls totalling 16 minutes (within Alberta) and was presented with a bill in excess of $50 at checkout. I was livid and offered to pay a reasonable amount but to their credit the staff waived the charges entirely - but made sure I "was aware for future reference" that the fee is a $12 connection charge plus per minute charge. I guess it is acceptable to gouge guests as long as you tell them first. Also, I did not appreciate being told that "I could have upgraded at check-in" (for an additional $70 a night) to have phone privileges, internet and complimentary breakfast. Really? I still would have been even deeper in the hole. Sadly, this seems typical of the few higher-end hotels I've stayed at - treat basics as extras and charge dearly for them. Even though the stay was otherwise very pleasant and they did take care of the phone charges, I still left feeling angry as they seem to think this behaviour is ok and I felt like an ATM machine and not a valued guest.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank calmcool74
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We truly value comments such as yours as they allow us the opportunity to make improvements where needed. I was quite disenchanted to hear about the challenges you experienced during your stay, but I can certainly understand your frustrations. Rest assured, I have shared your comments with our management team and we will be evaluating our phone access charges to ensure we are competitive with other major hotel chains, as well as ensuring the applicable charges are displayed properly in the guestroom.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Keith Butz
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 8 April 2011

What an amazing level of service!! When they say "perfect stay guest request" on the speed dial, they mean it!

I hadn't been in my room long, but when I turned on the television, the power kept shutting off. So I called the "perfect stay guest request" line. The woman who answered the phone was extremely polite and immediately apologized and said an attendant would be by within 15 minutes. Not 5 minutes later, there was a knock at my door. Turns out the power connection at the back was loose. A quick fix, and he's off again. But not before he leaves a card and two chocolates. Nice touch!

I realize as I'm getting ready to pack it in for the night that I've forgotten a couple of incidentals, namely a hairbrush and a blackberry charger. Down I go to the lobby. Not wanting to bother anyone, I simply hop in a cab to a grocery & drug store at 10 at night. Hairbrush, yes, but no luck on the charger.

With a slim chance for success, I ask at the front desk whether they happen to have any spare chargers left behind from guests. She sends me to Han (?) who goes through a drawer, and can't find the right connector (all shavers and ipod connectors.) He says he'll check with housekeeping. Ten minutes later, there is a knock at my door; its him, with blackberry charger in hand. Made my night!

Nothing impresses me more than this level of service. Amazing! The rooms, location, amenities, gym, lounge etc. are all first rate. But frankly that's easily duplicated! The service, however, is FIVE STAR. I highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Calgary to anyone wanting amazing service.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank erica14
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 20 March 2011

The Hyatt Calgary is a wonderful place to stay. My husband and I stayed there on our honeymoon and truly enjoyed it with not one complaint. The location in Calgary is excellent, it is right downtown, near excellent shopping and restaurants. The staff are great and very friendly. When we got to our room we were greeted with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, it made our stay extra special. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was delicious. The room was spotless and well appointed, the facilities (pool, gym, hot tub) excellent and easy to find. I hope they keep up the good work! My husband and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelcouple2008
North
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Ok location. Staff tries to present as high end and extremely professional, though it seems like a put on. I found it expensive for what it was. We reserved two queen beds but when we arrived we were given a king and told that a cot would be delivered. It was not. I made a second request for the cot and it was not delivered. In the end, over two days they were unable to deliber a cot and three of us slept in the same bed. Not good.

The pool was very, very dirty and looks like it has not been cleaned in some time. A hotel of this supposed quality needs to get simple things straighth like delivering a cot and keeping a pool clean. And really---charging $14 for 24 hrs of slow internet---get with it. $25/ day for parking???

The cleaning woman on the 14th floor was awesome. Very friendly and very helpful.

An Ok place, but not quite what it thinks it is. I will look elsewhere for future accommodations.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jimmyjambon
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, 9 March 2011
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we truly appreciate your comments. I am extremely disappointed to hear that we did not live up to the standard and reputation in which Hyatt is well known for. Rest assured, I will be personally involved in addressing each of your concerns. In an effort to further investigate the details of your stay, can you please send the dates of your stay, as well as the name on the reservation to QualityCALRC@hyatt.com? This will allow us the opportunity to identify exactly where our area of opportunity lies.

Thank you for staying with us, and for the wonderful comment in regards to our Housekeeping Attendant on the 14th Floor, I will be sure to recognize her.

Keith Butz