“Very nice stay”

Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed in a Regency Club room for one Saturday night, while attending a function in the hotel. Well worth the upgrade (we'd been in a basic box room a couple of years ago). Treated very well by staff, room service outstanding. Love the swimming pool. Will definitely do this again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed 3 nights here as part of a conference. Very professional and friendly service as expected. Large room with comfortable bed and furnishings. Central location close to everything. Good restaurants within hotel. No complaints at all.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here recently with my daughter, and all went smoothly. Check in was easy, there is an underground parkade (a relief since the weather was freezing.) We had room service one day- it was great, although it arrived a bit later than the window they said it would arrive in. (Still, so few hotels give you a window, that I appreciated that they were at least trying to deliver it as soon as possible.) Our sleep was good- the room felt pretty dry, but that might be more Calgary than the hotel itself. We ate at Thompson's one night, and enjoyed the food. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is my second stay with the Regency after some four years, and the hotel remains a pleasure. I was here for business, and I did not check out the recreation activities.

Check-in was great and the room was in fine condition. I have issues with old CFL bulbs in hotels as a rule, but they all still have ’em, so I won't linger on that. Bathroom, bed, etc., looked clean and good. I found the shower head in tub a little weak. It felt like it was taking forever to rinse off. Most water-saving shower heads tend to feel this way to me.

Internet worked great in my room and the restaurant/lobby bar on the ground floor. Very good speed. The lobby bar had good food. I had the burger twice, and the chicken burger once, and recommend them both. The coffee shop was handy for when you really want a good cup of joe and don't want the hassle of brewing one yourself in your room.

The bed was comfortable and the room itself was very quiet for bedtime. I couldn't hear any noise from the hall. Upon checking out, the bill was complete and correct, and waiting for me under the door. Perfect. I would stay here again.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Calgary on February 21, 2014. What an amazing experience. Started off with fine dining at Thomsons Restaurant. Who knew that this gem of a restaurant was in the hotel?! We sat at the Chef's table which was a super fun experience. I watched two little girls at a different table talking to the Chef and being spoiled by him. At the end of their dinner they both ran up and gave him a hug! They had just met him that night but he made them feel so special. We had the beef cheeks, sea bass and lamb. Service was incredible and the food was very high end. Next went to Stillwater Spa for a very relaxing massage before heading up to bed (which was super comfy). I woke up and went back to the spa for a detox wrap which was equally as relaxing. The spa is soooo nice, and the staff were very professional. I can't wait to book another treatment. I thought I had lost my cell phone at one point and the staff went out of their way to help me. Turns out it was in my jacket pocket (duh) which the nice man at the front desk had taken to my room with my luggage. Over all just a wonderful experience, I will definitely be returning soon!!

Room Tip: I opted for the Regency Club and it was great to have place to get snacks, drinks and breakfast!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I used to be a regular visitor to this hotel, but after a few years break I was a bit disappointed. Rooms and bathroom showed lots of wear and tear. There is a slightly musty smell. Excellent gym and super service at front desk. I liked the coffee shop which gives an excellent alternative.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrewintheuk
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I booked through Hotwire and I was afraid I would be shortchanged like I have been at other hotels. This definitely was not the case here at the Hyatt. I was given a lovely room on the 14th floor with great views, and a nice king bed. The room was incredibly clean, the staff incredibly friendly. I definitely recommend this hotel if you plan on staying in downtown Calgary.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo