“Elegant, comfortable, City Center”

Hyatt Regency Calgary
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Vernon, Canada
“Elegant, comfortable, City Center”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for the Calgary Dance Stampede. Rooms were clean, very comfortable and the bathroom we had in our room was spacious - nice. We needed a small fridge and they had one sent to the room and quickly at that.

The Grill Bar restaurant was good, so long as you bought food from their section.

The food from the lounge restaurant was not so good. Way over priced, poor food portions and not satisfying and for the price, the food from the lounge, for their pricing, was nice, but not memorable.

When seeking a satisfying meal now a days, no one wants fancy food placement on their plates, they want reasonable food portions and a satisfying meal for the money. The lounge menu does not provide that, BUT the Bar Grill menu does.

Apart from that small disappointment, the Hyatt Regency was a good hotel to stay in.

We choose "very good", just short of excellent because of the huge difference in experience between the lounge restaurant and bar grill restaurant.

Room Tip: King-size bed, worth the extra price. We did not need to specify which part of the hotel, the room w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Summerfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Super location in downtown Calgary! We upgraded to the Regency Club floor. Great room, comfortable beds, nice robes/slippers, easy to access internet, enjoyed evening snacks (really a light dinner) in the Regency Club.
Staff was very friendly and courteous, great service.
Lots of restaurants, shops, bars and parks, plus Calgary Tower are within walking distance, great access through the +15 connecting the city.
We had an early flight out of Calgary and the taxis sit right outside all day/night. Very convenient.
If we're in Calgary again, we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Regency Club floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandi G
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I arrived at the hotel around 7pm just wanting to relax, go online and order room service. For the first half hour in my room I attempted to connect to the internet with no luck. Phone calls to front desk did not help and hung up after waiting on hold with tech support. Finally I learned that the problem was that I did not input my name correctly. Apparently I was supposed to input my first name, then a space then my middle initial, then my last name then a space and then ms. Of course it did not occur to me to input my name that way. I was told that it was my fault because that was the name my travel agency used and I should have known that. Seriously?? After the internet issue I looked for the menu to order room service and there was none. Instead the menu is on the tv. But the tv menu is difficult to read, all broken down by sections that I had to click and navigate and it was taking too long so I called and asked for a menu to brought to the room. That took another 20 minutes and by then it was just too late and I no longer wanted to eat. I had some twizzlers in my purse, that is what I had for dinner. Who needs this kind of frustration! On a final note I will say that I had excellent service from Paul the concierge. I had some business documents I needed scanned and emailed and he was very helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank barbara m
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Perfect night away. We stayed in a Regency Club suite, room was clean, quiet and well equipped. Hotel staff were all extremely polite and helpful especially the gentleman who delivered our room service. The hotel is one of the best in Calgary and we will definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Whitecourt, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Convenient downtown location. Attended a conference at this hotel. The staff was attentive, even taking my bags directly to my car in valet parking when I checked out of the room. The food was great.

The room was very nice and had an amazing view of downtown Calgary. The bed as comfortable and the room was large.

I had a club suite which gave me access to the Regency Room which had a honour bar and quite a selection of hors d'ouvres. Very nice touch.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
ontario
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here in April.

Great location with many dinning choices in the area.

Check in was quick and easy - no wait - friendly service.

Rooms provided average furnishings - very clean.

Would stay here again for future travel to downtown Calgary.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

When I stayed there I called my local phone to find it in the room and hung up before it went to voicemail. When I got the bill I noticed $16 charge for it!!!After complaining they took it off.
Now going through my bill I noticed another $204 charge which has not been reimbursed yet. It's been 3 months.

Stayed April 2014