“Good for Business Stay - keep watch on prices” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Calgary

Hyatt Regency Calgary
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Burlington, ON
“Good for Business Stay - keep watch on prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Downtown Calgary can be expensive in the summer...kept a watch on prices, they declined as my trip got closer. Very nice spot - $40 from the airport and 5 minute walk to Bankers Hall. Its close to Centre Street promeande which is lively at night. The Hotel Bar was lively. Well equipped Gym. Starbucks is in the Marriott next door.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CDNtraveller66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was amazed by the guest services at this hotel. By far the best, staff were friendly, and extremely helpful. They always went above and beyond what I was expecting. The beds are huge and extremely comfortable. The bathrooms are big, but the bathtubs seem slightly dated. The entire room (including bathroom) is very clean. I am picky about cleanliness and found that it was beyond my standards. The pool is small but great for laps. I feel the pool could have been cleaner. The hot tub was too hot but the sauna was great. The hotel is also located in a great area, steps away from the Calgary Tower and right on Stephen Ave which offers many great restaurants. The restaurants in the hotel are also great and I suggest visiting them. I will visit again in July, and cannot wait.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick F, Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear TaraM88,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback in regards to your stay. We are delighted that you have exceptional experiences with our Guest Services team and that we exceeded your room cleanliness standards. We are also thankful we were in a location that was very convenient for your needs. We appreciate your comments in regards to the pool and assure you this area is being addressed.

Thank you again for allowing us to serve you. We hope to have you back soon and if we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I just returned from staying at the hotel. I paid over $480 for the night and I feel robbed. The hotel is dated. Rooms are average. View was terrible: overlooked the roof of another building and skid row. I needed to use business centre. The stapler never worked and I brought it to their attention and the next day the broken stapler was not replaced. I asked them where I could get a starbucks coffee. They directed me to another hotel across the street. As I am walking through the Hyatt I noticed they wee serving coffee in their own coffee shop! I pointed out to the taff working the desk that they should know what they serve in their coffee shop not more than 50 feet away.

No complimentary breakfast. I di not even rate a newspaper even though there were papers in front of a number of the rooms. I guess that is extra.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nick F, Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear KoshertravelerCanada,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay. I was disappointed to hear that you encountered several issues during your stay, but I can certainly understand your frustrations. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. Rest assured, I have shared your comments with our management team and will ensure we follow up appropriately.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss further or if I may be of any assistance.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was a lovely hotel and close to some very good restaurants. Will come back very good value for the price. The front end staff were very quick to help. Great location in the downtown core.

Thank your for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We had our second stay here recently and my original thoughts on this hotel were confirmed. Parking is great, front desk, efficient and helpful, rooms, while nothing spectacular are comfortable and well appointed, pool and fitness area are fantastic, lounge is very welcoming with exceptional staff and of course the location is the best in the city. My new go-to hotel in Calgary.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick F, Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Greetings Brucean,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are very thankful you enjoyed your recent stay with us and now is your go to hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon. All the best.

Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Hyatt Calgary is the best location and a great stay to experience Calgary hospitality!
Great Views! Great people! Great Food! Gorgeous artwork in the common areas!!
First class!! I highly reason recommend!! Ask about promos and special rates...they always have specials going on

• Stayed June 2014
Greetings,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are very thankful you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed the views, people, and food at the hotel. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again soon.

Weyburn, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Weekend trip. Picked this hotel because of it's excellent location downtown, close to everything. Had an excellent suite near the top floor, big and well laid out. Suite was well maintained. Restaraunt and lounge were perfect, great food, drink, and staff.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo