“IM 70.3 Calgary weekend”

Hyatt Regency Calgary
Ranked #16 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The property was a host hotel for the 2014 IM 70.3 event...the staff fulfilled every duty one would expect of a host. They were wonderful greeters with information on the weekend, they ensured transportation was coordinated and services offered in a timely manner. It is a wonderful property, centrally located in a vibrant, diverse and cosmopolitan city.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MACOLEMAN0
Write a ReviewReviews (1,617)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My son and I stayed here for 2 nights. It was outstanding. The room was very quiet and comfortable and the AC system was silent. Very helpful and friendly staff who were wonderful and patient with my needed directions around Calgary, since Hertz rent a car goofed with my request for a GPS system. But not the end of everything. You won't be disappointed if you stay here. On our ten day trip, the only hotel which I liked better was the Rimrock Resort in Banff, where we stayed for 3 nights. We had a AAA rate that included a buffet breakfast and their waffle was the best that I ever ate.

Room Tip: Really can't add anything.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JacobP145
Reviewed 3 August 2014

As a hotel sponsor of Ironman Calgary, the Hyatt did a tremendous job of organizing and accommodating hundreds of athletes and their bikes and gear. A bid thank you to all the staff who were welcoming and went out of their way to make it a memorable weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and baby stayed at the hotel for a night in April and it was a pleasant surprise.

Pros:
- Rooms were clean and updated.
- Accommodating for needs of our baby.
- Starbucks in the hotel.
- Very close to the downtown core.

Cons:
- Pool was kind of dirty.
- Restaurant seemed small but since it is close to downtown it isn't a problem.
- Lots of business travellers so the hotel is almost always booked and rates are ridiculous.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I made a two night reservation at this property in downtown Calgary. When I walked to the front desk my eyes immediately fixed upon a basket of ear plugs. I was told that major construction on a railroad line just outside the hotel would commence at 10PM on my second night, and to expect constant jackhammering. I was also told that the hotel emailed warnings, but I did not receive one.

I immediately cancelled the second night and reserved a room at the Hotel Elan which is located a safe distance from the construction site (see review). However, the room at Hotel Elan cost $40 (plus a taxi ride) more than the Hyatt room and I requested compensation. I was happy to take a breakfast and points for the second night. However, the GM and front desk Manager refused any compensation. They claimed that they only received a couple of days notice about the beginning of the major construction project outside their hotel. REALLY? The lady behind me whispered "are they completely negligent or just lying?"

My one day stay was fine. The room is quite nice and the bed was very comfortable. The lobby is pretty and the cafe was terrific (Nicola makes an excellent latte and the signature bear claws are really good). The Concierge was helpful and wore the golden keys. One block away is a street containing lots of restaurants, pubs, and outdoor gear shops.

The hotel looks like it should be a business hotel but all I see here are tourists. Without their poor handling of the construction issues I would have rated this hotel as a 4.5.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

First time at this property. First impression is excellent. Front desk staff are warm and helpful. Room is comfy. Gonna try the spa which looks good. Web check in was helpful and really appreciated the note from the hotel that told us about a road closure Good work

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our family of 4 stayed 2 nights in July and really enjoyed our stay. The nice gentlemen at front desk accommodated our request and gave us a room on a higher floor with a nice view. Our room was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable. The included breakfast at the Thompson restaurant was good with a good variety of food/juices. The staff at the breakfast were were courteous and attentive. We were also very impressed with how the front desk staff/manager quickly and professionally addressed our issue we had with the swimming pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family