Hyatt Regency Calgary
US$200
US$151
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Courtyard by Marriott Calgary Airport(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
  • Pool
Lakeview Signature Inn - Calgary Airport(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Restaurant
US$82
US$80
1,661 results
All reviewssandstone loungestephen avenuegreat hotelheart of downtownglenbow museumconvention centerc traincorner roomself parkingsteam roomstampede groundsroom keybusiness hotelcentral locationhotel staffbusiness tripunderground parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I really liked this hotel. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. All aspects of the hotel's appearance was nice and clean (from the carpet to the elevator to the room). It is conveniently located to the train (side of the hotel), the downtown restaurants and the Calgary tower (all within walking distance. It is also conveniently located to the budget rental car return (also within walking distance). I was coming from Banff and returned the car near the hotel. This allowed me to avoid the heavy airport taxes. It also avoids the $29/day parking charge!

Minor comments:
All the vending/ice machines are located behind the elevator on each floor. I liked this as they are easy to find. There were no signs at the elevator for rooms numbers (to let you know whether to turn right or left); this was a minor annoyance, but I was surprised that the hotel missed such a basic item.

Room Tip: See my rental car tip in the description; to avoid the parking charge. Transportation is excellent for the city. There a shuttle bus or taxi to the airport. The bus is about $15/person and the taxi is about $35 total.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Two families visited Hyatt Regency at Calgary on 3rd August, 2014 for one night. Very well located hotel at a very decent price. Service was top class and room/ bathroom were very good too. Strongly recommend this place to visitors. Parking charges of CAD 29 they could surely avoid!

Room Tip: any room is fine...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had read reviews about this hotel before going there, and they all seemed to be good. The Hyatt Regency did not disappoint. The rooms were clean and quiet, and I enjoyed the pool as well. The hotel restaurants may seem expensive when you look at the menus before visiting. However; once you arrive and see what else there is to offer in close proximity to the hotel, you will realize that the prices are all pretty much the same in downtown Calgary. I was happy to see that there was a refrigerator in the room, as I couldn't find out online beforehand whether there would be one or not. This helped cut down on food costs, as we were able to at least have breakfast items in our room. The little shop downstairs has bagels and sandwiches at a decent price, and the staff was always friendly there as well. There is a Shoppers Drug Mart about 3 blocks away, a huge food court at the Core Shopping Centre about 3 blocks away, an A&W on the same street, and a McDonald's and Dollar Store just over a block away. These were places where I managed to find inexpensive meals for lunch or other items that we required. I don't mind paying more for a nice meal at supper, but at lunch and breakfast, it just doesn't seem necessary. It's a bit difficult to find a place to buy fruit or milk, as most of the convenience stores in the area just seem to stock things like pop and cigarettes. I managed to find milk and cereal at Shoppers, but only found fruit on a journey Au Claire Market one day, which is quite a distance away. Life in downtown Calgary is nice, but for those of us who live quite simply, it feels like it's very far from REAL life.

Room Tip: We were on the 20th floor, which is designated as a quiet floor. It was indeed very quiet and we heard little noise from other guests during our 6 nights there.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Canadianwanderer2011
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Calgary for four nights as I was attending a conference at the Telus Convention Centre which is part of the complex. Everything about the hotel is perfect. It is very well located downtown, close to shops, restaurants, businesses, the convention centre, etc. My room was spacious, very clean and quiet. The staff are incredibly professional and polite. The room service is the best I have ever had. I highly recommend the chicken supreme! They even have complimentary bicycles if you have the time! By far the nicest hotel I have stayed in while on business.

Room Tip: Room 1401 is really nice and spacious and quiet as it is located at the end of the hallway. It is so spacious that the bathroom has two windows!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Very very rude young woman working the front desk while we stayed here, upon checkin it was very clear she did not want to be here, it seemed every question we would ask she would roll her eyes and sigh constantly. I would suggest that for the price guests look elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends