We travelled with our 18 month old toddler to the Regency Hyatt Calgary in early May 2009. My wife was having her conference in the hotel, so we were given a room on their 18th Floor, which is their Regency Hyatt Club floor. We were given access to their lounge room, which included:
1) Computer with high-speed internet and printer
2) Long distance phone calls
4) Evening appetizers & alcohol
5) A big screen TV
6) Non-alcoholic beverages
Yeah, it was really nice lounge room. I was impressed. I am a SPG member but Sheraton or Westin does not have any lounge that offers that level of amenities.
Their 18th floor also includes a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and fitness room. It was really nice to be in a hot tub over looking Calgary.
The hotel itself is conveniently located close to many attractions, including Calgary Tower, Chinatown, Eaton Centre/ TD Square, Scotia Centre etc.
The room that we received was in the corner, so it was probably slightly larger to help accomodate the crib for our toddler. The hotel offered to provide us with a portable fridge to store our baby food/ milk. That was a very nice touch.
The front desk made a mistake in giving us a room that was not cleaned yet. When they found out that mistake, they were extremely apologetic and offered us access to the lounge on the 18th floor. We had some snack and drinks while they cleaned the room. We were impressed with their level of customer service.
Overall, I was impressed with the hotel's location, services and stay. It is a little pricey but given what they offer, it is understandable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Calgary offers world-class service, elegant surroundings and unsurpassed modern convenience. At the corner of Stephen Avenue Walk, a popular pedestrian street filled with restaurants, pubs, shops, theatre and entertainment venues, we are also connected to the Convention Centre. Nestled in one of the city's historic sandstone buildings, the hotel showcases the region's heritage, while embracing a contemporary, western feel that embraces Calgary's cosmopolitan personality. Not only is Hyatt Regency Calgary structurally stunning, it also captures the spirit of the surrounding landscapes with +500 collections of original western paintings and sculptures created by local artists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Regency Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Hyatt Calgary
- Calgary Hyatt Regency