“Great for late night arrival” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Great for late night arrival”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We arrived in Calgary very late at night and could not check into our apartment until the next morning. This is great because it is attached to the airport so we didn't even have to worry about a rental car until the next morning. The front desk staff was very nice and gave our little guys each a toy to keep. The room itself was a bit small but beds were comfortable. They also accept pets for a fee which was great because we had our small dog with us. The pool was a good temperature and the kids enjoyed that too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HMTY
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for your overview of the Delta Calgary Airport. I’m glad that you, and your family enjoyed your stay. I’m also happy that we were able to accommodate your furry family member! It’s important when you’re away from home that your family, pets included, have a comfortable stay. I hope you had a great trip, and look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

The forecast was for up to 30 cm of snow so we decided to head to the airport the night before. Staff at the Delta was very friendly and professional. We were checked in and up to our room within minutes (and before the check-in time). The room was nice and quiet. The wireless internet worked great. Our room on the 6th floor wasn't renovated but everything looked great - only difference we noted was an older style tv. We enjoyed being able to cruise the airport in the evening to get some exercise, scope out where our gate was, etc. Close and convenient and you don't even have to go outside to get to the airport!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and our room faced east - the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank timetraveler42
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you for the outstanding review! I’m glad that you decided to dodge the stress of commuting in the snow, it felt like the snow was never ending! Although there are some rooms which have a TV of a larger scale, we are gradually updating them to panel flat-screen TV’s. I hope that you had safe travels wherever you were headed to (hopefully somewhere warm), and we look forward to you staying with us next time.
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed at the Delta Calgary Airport for just one night, March 4th, upon returning from a vacation in the Mayan Riviera. We found it difficult to actually find the hotel from the airport arrivals terminal, there are no signs showing the way. We luckily found a YYC volunteer who pointed us in the right direction.
When we arrived we were checked in quickly by very friendly staff. Our 22 month old daughter even received a stuffed parrot from the staff to her great delight! We were also informed we received a complimentary upgrade to an 8th floor renovated room, and told of the Delta's "Just like Home" program which would provide our daughter with a cookie and glass of milk whenever we liked. How cute!
We used the services of a bellman to help bring our pile of luggage up and he was extremely courteous and helpful.
Upon arriving in the room we were a little surprised about how small it was, it is very compact. However, for a night's rest I suppose a small room is all that is needed. I wanted to get some water from the vending machines but didnt have change and the machine wasnt accepting my paper bill so I went down to the lobby. It appeared some airline staff (pilots and stewardesses) were checking in at that time so there was a long line up, so I went to the lobby bar to ask for some change to get bottled water. The gentleman behind the bar ever so kindly just gave me a couple of bottles from the bar, no charge! Wow! Great service!
We were tired from a long flight so immediately all settled in for a good night's sleep, and the King bed was soooo comfy.
In the morning we checked our flight home's status to find it was delayed so we then arranged for a late check in and just enjoyed the morning in the comfort of our room, but also enjoyed being able to walk into the terminal to manually check in on the WestJet kiosks. We did try to check in online, however, one small complaint is the Wifi in the rooms does not work, and I had to go to the lobby to check our flight status on our IPad. I read in a previous review that the Delta is working to get WiFi in the rooms as well, and that will certainly be wonderful.
When we DID finally go to catch our flight, another bellman again helped us with our luggage, and was so kind as to take it from the hotel, all the way to the West Jet counter, and wait with us until we checked the luggage in. Fabulous, courteous service all around!
Overall, I would definitely stay here again, you cant beat the convenience of being located right at the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank GPGirl
I’m so pleased to hear about your tremendous stay! I’ve passed along my thanks to the team for helping end your vacation on a positive note, because I’m sure coming home to the cold was hard after being in Mexico. I will also make a point of following up on some of your minor concerns to ensure that your next stay will be flawless. I’m glad that your family felt comfortable during your short stay with us, and are excited to welcome you back en route to your next vacation!
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This hotel and its staff came to our rescue. One outstanding staff member, Xerxel Gentallan, was extremely helpful. Arrival at the hotel was late at night during a snow storm. The Delta and its staff made us feel welcome and went out of their way to ensure we were settled and comfortable. The location of the Delta was perfect as it was only about five minutes from where the course was being held so this was very convenient.

The room assigned was very comfortable, clean, and inviting. A good night's sleep was obtained. Any assistance asked for was given in a friendly, professional, and welcoming manner. A late checkout was arranged with no problems.

The restaurant, staff, and food were excellent.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GrannyAC
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
I’m so excited to pass along your outstanding comments to Xerxel, I know it will make her day! I’m glad that you were able to stay with us on that wintery night, because I know it was pretty crazy weather outside and not ideal for traveling! I hope you had a safe flight home despite the weather, and I’ll definitely be passing along the rest of your kudos to our team! We look forward to you staying with us again!
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Delta Calgary Airport. I have travelled through YYC dozens of times and wasn't aware there was a hotel on-site, so I was quite pleased when I started searching for options. My stay was very short due to a delayed inbound flight, and a cancelled outbound resulting in a shorter connection time.

Check-in was very inefficient. There was a long wait as the desk clerk had apparently disappeared (and the replacement seemed unsure of the processes). I was eventually checked in after about 20 minutes.

My room was clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable for the 4 short hours I had in it. Wish I could have stayed longer!!

Wireless internet was terribly slow and kept cutting out. Eventually I gave up and just used my phone.

The hotel is very convenient, but I really felt it was expensive given comparable airport hotels in other cities, and the options nearby which are much less expensive. I would stay at this hotel again if I found a better price, or if I had very limited time. Otherwise, I would likely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PrincessGolden
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I’m happy that you have found us here at YYC. I’m surprised to hear about your inefficient check in, because usually our team is quite quick with the check in process; however, I’ve followed up with the Front Office Manager to ensure that all new team members are feeling comfortable in assisting all guests in a timely fashion. The wireless internet is something that we are currently updating over the course of the month to ensure that all connections are solid for our guests staying at the Delta Calgary Airport. I’m very glad to hear that the convenience factor was a huge plus for you, and that you had a good night’s sleep (especially because you didn't have a lot of time to catch some Z's)! I hope that you’ll choose to stay with us in the future, and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations throughout your stay.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have used the Delta hotel six times over the past eight weeks due to early morning departures or late night arrivals. It is more expensive than comperable hotels about a mile away,but one just can't beat the convenience of walking out the hotel door and into the airport terminal. The rooms are surprisingly quiet given their proximity to the runway. The check in staff is extremely friendly and most importantly efficient and it takes about a minute to get my key and be on my way. They keep track of my room preferences and I'm never surprised. The restaurant food is very good. I find better value in Compass than Club 51 which is the more expensive steak house, but service both places is very good. The concierge is terrific and helped me across the street to the terminal with my mountain of baggage.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the backside that faces the commercial office buidlings. I think it reduces noise...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank victor a
Thank you very much for your positive review! I was so happy to pass along all of your comments to our team, and they really appreciated the feedback. I’ve also passed along your concerns about the value of our North 51 Steakhouse, to our Chef, for evaluation on the next menu. We are looking forward to your return, and hope to see you soon!
Bent NM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

An older property with maintenance issues, but it is clean and you can walk there from your flight.

Room Tip: Join the Delta frequent guests program first. That gets you a better room with free internet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Odis P
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I trust that any maintenance issues you had were addressed by our onsite maintenance team. I will also ensure that I pass along your positive comments on the cleanliness of your room to our Rooms Quality team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Calgary Airport!