“Calgary hotel”

Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Barrie, Canada
“Calgary hotel”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

The staff here make the biggest difference. I do stay here often, and they remember. They greet you by name making you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Right at the airport, easy access, surprisingly quiet for an airport hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! I’m so glad to hear that our team makes a point of making you feel at home when you stay at the Delta Calgary Airport. I’ll definitely pass along our outstanding comment to everyone, and we look forward to your next stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The reason to stay at Delta Calgary Airport is the location, especially for an early morning flight. It was extremely convenient for our large party to get over to the airport for check-in and even be able to go over the evening before to weigh bags and get tags in advance. It is truly as close as parking in the nearest spot in the parking garage - couldn't be any closer. We had a number of people on different schedules and didn't have to worry about letting some walk over alone later.

The rooms are pretty old and didn't give me a good feeling, though nothing was really wrong with them. You can just tell they are very old, and very dated. If the bedding, bathrooms, and elevator were upgraded, I would have a completely different impression of the hotel. As it was, I really didn't sleep well - but part of that might be the concern of oversleeping before an early morning flight.

If I were traveling with fewer people, I probably would consider something newer a little further off property and take a shuttle in just for the better room comfort. But the location was really helpful in our situation, and we didn't have to get up any earlier in order to catch a shuttle ride. (I do not recommend staying in downtown Calgary before an early morning flight - I did that a few years ago and it was just too far.)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank JAG0002
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! Glad to hear that our location was the key to your stress-free get together with friends. I definitely understand your feelings regarding the room that you had stayed in, which is currently one of the few un-renovated rooms in the hotel, and I can assure you that we are actually renovating that floor this fall. Hopefully, you will come back next time you’re in Calgary, and allow us the opportunity to ensure you have a comfortable sleep. I hope that you had a safe journey, and look forward to your next stay!
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

After a day of travel if it's easy to get to the hotel then location is everything. Between flights having to stay over is always hard and it was just a walk across or over the road to the Delta. the staff couldn't be more helpful with our late night check in and accompanied us with the hotel trolley to our check in desk next morning. There were lots of facilities but had no time to use them. I'll definitely choose this spot if I need to stay over here again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank palmpirate
Thank you very much for your review! I’m glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us, and that our Bellman was able to assist you to the check in counter. I hope that you will definitely stay with us again, and have the opportunity to enjoy the rest of our facilities.
Winnipeg
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed there just for one night as I had a seminar at the hotel for the weekend. I have stayed there twice before, and it's still pretty good. The staff are very helpful. I flew in on an early morning flight and was able to check in early by 8:30 am which was very helpful, and the front desk staff person (not sure of her name) was very friendly. They had of course coffee and tea for our seminar and the selection of teas was quite good. After being up for many hours when the seminar was done I ordered room service which came very quickly- had the Alberta beef dip with a nice side salad of mixed greens and a raspberry vinaigrette. I swam in the pool which was great, and used the hot tub for a bit, also nice. Met a chatty girl named Kelly who was there from Kamloops on a contest win (Hello to you by the way!). Had a room that was on the 8th floor and overlooked the pool / mezzanine area below which turned out to be very quiet for me this time. On previous stays I've noticed more airport noise. The alarm didn't seem to come on the next morning so it was lucky I awoke on my own as I had less than an hour to get myself down to my seminar. Had the breakfast buffet- was good since I was in a hurry- staff seemed a bit hurried but it was busy. When I returned to my room around 10:30 am my key card was demagnetized but the housekeeping guy was right there and he called down to verify that he could let me in- turns out my purse/cell phone probably did it. That was helpful since I had to repack some stuff and get back down to check out- it was nice not to have to go back and take the elevator down 8 flights and then back up! They emailed me my receipt- one less piece of paper for me to lose- also helpful. Overall a good stay. Staff make all the difference.

1 Thank peggirlsunshine
Thank you for your outstanding review and continuous loyalty to the Delta Calgary Airport. I’m glad to hear that you had a pleasant dining experience throughout your stay, but I made sure to pass along your comments about the rushed breakfast to our Outlets Manager to follow up with the team. I’ve also followed up with the Front Office Manager about your missed wake up call, and they are currently evaluating their process to ensure it doesn’t happen again in the future. We look forward to your next stay!
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2012

After a 14 hour journey we arrived at the Delta Calgary Airport at 1:30 in the morning. My wife and I were greeted like long time customers returning to the property - really felt like valued guests. The room was excellent and the bed "was a bit of awesome" when we finally got to bed into it. The service at the yyc restaurant/bar was exceptional when our family arrived to join us for Sunday lunch. I've never been disappointed by a stay at a Delta Hotel. Our rate was excellent for the quality and convenience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bgardiner1
Thank you so much for your review! I’m very glad to hear about your outstanding stay, and our team was very glad to end your vacation on such a positive note. We hope to see you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I was on a cross country tour/meeting schedule and stayed at the Delta Calgary Airport hotel for one night. In the evening prior, I stayed at the brand new airport hotel in Montreal, so as a result, perhaps my eyes were immediately drawn to the "old bones" of the Delta. They've obviously tried to keep the hotel up in terms of surface upgrades (carpet, wallpaper, etc.), but the rooms are small, dark, and tired. The bathroom was tiny and the bed had that "canoe" feel (dips towards the middle). Sound carried through the halls from other patrons.

My greeting upon arrival was great. Friendly faces that helped make the check-in go quickly and easily. They also asked me if I needed a wake up call (which I did). However, they suggested that I needed to be at the check-in counter for a domestic flight 2 HOURS prior to take off (my flight was at 6am, meaning 4am). I have no idea why they'd offer such advice to travelers -- especially with an early flight like this (6am are the first flights of the day of any volume out of YYC). There were no lines, or hold ups at 5:10am when I made my way across the pedway to the airport.

I like and trust Delta hotels and often use them for my business trips. However, I'm starting to notice a trend that many Deltas are starting to show their age. I've started trying a few other brands, and many of them have much more updated rooms/buildings with more modern amenities. However, in this case, the Delta trumped the competition if only for location.

If you need to stay close to the airport, this is the place. If your meetings are downtown, stay closer to downtown.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't look on to the enclosed lobby. These rooms feel far more enclose...
1 Thank Paul B
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for your review! I appreciate all of your feedback regarding the condition of the Delta Calgary Airport. I have passed along your concerns to our management team; however, I can assure you that we are committed to continuously update and improve our product. One of our Delta Brand Values is that: “We are never satisfied. We constantly strive to improve. Creativity, innovation and life long learning is the key to success both as individuals and as hoteliers.” This is reflected in our consistent renovations in our lobby, guestrooms, and outlets over the past few years. I’ve also relayed your concerns regarding the recommended check in time for flights to our Front Office Team; although, check in preferences are mostly subjective depending on the type of traveler. I’m glad that overall your experience was positive, and that the convenience of our location is bar none. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future, and look forward to exceeding your expectations next time.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed at the Delta on March 29 - arriving very early in the morning and having only a very brief sleep here.

Check in at the front desk was very fast and efficient, I had an extremely helpful and friendly person who assisted me without a reservation. I was checked into a room with two double beds.

The room was well appointed with a functional desk, flat screen tv and very comfortable bed. I didn't see much of the bed, but when my eyes were shut, I was very cozy!

The bathroom is where the room really showed age - refitted tubs with outdated finishings in the room. The doors and closets as well gave tell tale signs of age.

Overall a very good but short stay. Would I come here again? Definitely - room was functional and it is directly across the street from the airport. Thank you Delta hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank meritagebc
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for your outstanding review. I appreciate your feedback, and can assure you that we are currently conducting room sweeps to update those aged areas in our rooms. We will also be conducting renovations for some of our older rooms this fall. I’m glad to hear that you got a solid sleep - even if it was only a few hours. We look forward to your next stay with us, and hope that you’ll have a few extra hours to enjoy your cozy bed!