“Convenient, efficient with teeny, tiny rooms”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed here one night while on business in Calgary. It was very convenient as I arrived into Calgary quite late and saved me the drive into Calgary that night. The reception staff were pleasent and efficient. My room was very small, but well laid out to make the most of the small space. To give an idea how small the room was - I could not close the bathroom door if the folding closet doors were open.
At least it was very quiet. I could not hear my neighbours or airport noise from my room at all. My room overlooked the central area of the hotel including the pool and lounge, but since I was so late arriving and very early leaving, these areas were not in use so did not generate any noise.
On checkout I was informed they would e-mail me my receipt, but I never received it. In fact, I don't recall giving them my e-mail address. I had to phone the next day to get them to send it to my home address.
For transit through Calgary, I would stay here again, however it is more expensive than downtown hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelling_Axe
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate all of your feedback. I’ve passed along your positive comments for the Front Office team, and am very pleased that you had a nice quiet stay. We do our best to optimize the space in our guest rooms, and we’re committed to consistently reinventing ourselves. We will be conducting more renovations this August to update some of our older rooms. I've also followed up with our Front Office Manager regarding the billing options we provide guests, and to ensure that we verify the email on file when we arrange to send a guest receipt. We look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Stayed for one night while in transit from Houston to Tokyo. Perfect location! Friendly staff, quiet rooms, comfortable bed. No need to look elsewhere if this is what you need.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pachec

Thank you for your review! We’re glad you had a great stay, and hope the rest of your travels went smoothly. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Great hotel for being close to the terminal without having to get on a shuttle bus...very easy. Food in bar was pretty nice and the bed was very comfortable. Room was surprisingly quiet and front desk staff were very friendly..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelight33

Thank you for your review! I’m glad that you had enjoyed your stay, and the convenience of the Delta Calgary Airport kept your travels stress-free. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Over the past month, I have travelled to or through Calgary several times for business. I have started to stay at the Delta Airport hotel, in part because it is so convenient. It is a walk across the airport to get to the hotel which means that early morning or late night flights are much more manageable. With the construction traffic in Calgary due to the closure of roads around the airport, this convenience has new value for me.
The hotel rooms are average but are clean, good sized, quiet. The hotel lounge for meals is fine but, like many hotel restaurants, over-priced for what is offered. Given that the hotel is so close to the airport, I prefer to get a coffee, fruit and muffin in the airport. Staff at the hotel have been CONSISTENTLY superb - polite, efficient, friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators, in the middle of the corridor. There is no view so either si...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BCalm

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I’m glad to see that the Delta Calgary Airport offers added value for you being located at the airport. I’ve passed along your fantastic comments to our Delta Team, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I periodically stay at this hotel between flights for business.

At times you will pay a premium to stay on the airport property in this hotel, but depending on your schedule it could be money well-spent. I have stayed at a few of the airport-area hotels in Calgary, and the main advantage of this one is proximity to the terminal.

The rooms are small but adequate, and the gym is not the worst I've ever seen in a hotel. I didn't eat in the hotel, but I did spend a bit of time in the bar and it was good.

All-around I have never had a bad experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Stan_Cooper
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I’m glad that you see huge value in our location, and hope that you’ll get to try the outstanding cuisine in one of our three outlets during your next stay. We hope to see you again soon, and appreciate your positive feedback.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I booked using a popular name your own price booking site and paid $9X/nt. Upon arrival we were told of the extra fees that we have to pay, ie/ parking $36 per nt, pet fee $35/stay.

We checked in our hallway was filled with a smoke stench which was unusual as they have a no smoking policy and upon checkin emphasized the rules for having a dog in the hotel. They should make smokers sign the same form.

Anyways, I went to the front desk and said something the lady was very helpful and moved our rooms and did what she could to make us happy. She was very friendly and helped me feel a lot better about the situation (we have 2 travellers that have Asthma).

Long story short, the hotel is convenient to the airport literally 10 meters from it. The lady at the front desk I believe her name starts with an A. Is the best thing the hotel has going on she is super friendly and helped us when we were very upset about our room.

I would book here if you missed your flight and do not care to see calgary and have no car.

Room Tip: Higher up is the best ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. I understand your concern regarding the additional charges; however, parking and pet fees are common additional costs for any hotel. Although it seemed expensive, the parking through the Delta Calgary Airport is quite affordable when compared to alternative airport parking options through YYC.

I want to apologize for the smoke you had experienced in the hallways. I can assure you that we do not allow smoking in our building, and I’ve followed up with the front desk on the proper procedures for this type of incident. I’m glad that they were able to provide an appropriate solution by moving you and your family to another room. I’m also glad that, once you had moved rooms, everyone was comfortable. I hope that despite this isolated incident that we will see you again soon, and have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here before flying to Mexico and am happy to say some rooms have queen size beds now. Beds were very comfortable.
Bathroom and bath tub are incredibly tiny but toiletries are wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lamd98
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you very much for your review. I’m glad that you were able to get a comfortable sleep before your trip down to Mexico. Although our bathtubs may have seemed small they are standard size, but I’m glad that you had enjoyed the June Jacob bathroom amenities. I hope that you had a fantastic time enjoying the sun in Mexico. We hope to see you again next time you’re heading out on vacation!