“Nice Hotel but pricey parking”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #40 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was a nice hotel with an pool for the kids. Parking was very inconveniant and pricey with having to use the parking parkade at the airport. It was nice that they gave the kids coupons for cookies and milk before bed.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim H
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. The parking is an ongoing issue; however, we’re currently trying to figure out a viable solution, with the airport, for our long-term guests. If you book our Park & Fly Package the cost of parking is fairly economical compared with some of the other options around the airport. Hopefully we’ll see you next time you fly out - we'll make sure to have some more milk and cookies waiting!

Reviewed 11 August 2012

We have stayed at this property three times now and each time have been treated with EXTREME solicitousness.....the staff could not do enough for us and took the time to find out our preferences and went out of their way to ask if everything was pleasing, what they could do to make it better, and twice gave us free unasked-for upgrades to a higher level of room than we had actually paid for - even during the busy Calgary Stampede. Pillow-top mattresses and huge pillows made for a wonderful rest. Rooms have fridges so you can keep your juice or water cold.

We loved the convenience to the airport and this made up for the slightly higher cost we paid for the room (around $140) since we didn't have to pay a cab from a hotel in the city. Brewster transport buses are almost right outside the door as are the car rental agencies - you can't beat it for convenience. We also love the YYC lounge and the beautiful indoor pool which is never full....you are almost guaranteed to have the place to yourself 9/10 of the time. Breakfast was a bit overpriced but the quality of the food was good two out of the three times we ate there - the only disappointment was when they tried to come up with a "western menu" for the Stampede - we found it unappealing, though others liked it. The buffet breakfast had a lot of variety, including a number of items not usually found on a buffet such as cold platters of European meats and cheeses, and a great variety of baked goods....worth the money. Best of all the staff try to get to know you by name and they bend over backwards to make your trip memorable....I am quickly coming to the conclusion that Delta is my favourite hotel brand.

Room Tip: You can ask for a late check-out - up till 6pm - to accommodate your flight or bus departure.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sistersofhope
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! It’s wonderful that you’ve highlighted so many advantages you had while staying at the Delta Calgary Airport. I’ve passed along your concerns regarding your Stampede breakfast experience, and the value, to our Outlets Manager and Executive Chef for them to utilize when making changes to the breakfast buffet. I’m extremely glad to hear that overall your Delta experiences have been outstanding, and we truly appreciate your loyalty to Delta Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We arrived at the hotel quite late on the last night of Calgary Stampede.I phoned in before to advise that we would be late as we were on the Rocky Mountaineer train and the train was delayed.I had booked a room with two double beds as I was travelling with both my children. I was told that they only had a room with a king bed and that they would give us a complimentary breakfast. I refused to accept this and advised them that I had not only booked well in advance but that I also phoned in to tell them that I would be checking in late. The reason i booked at this hotel was that I had an early morning flight and found it absurd that they would offer me a complimenatry breakfast when i had no time in the morning for this! However due to the inconvenience caused they did give me two vouchers for cookies and miilk for both my children. I called the following morning at 7am and asked for the cookies and milk and told me that they only had 1 cookie as they were baking the other batch! Thank goodness i managed to persuade my children to share the one cookie!

The room was dowdy and ok if you only want to sleep there.

The location is excellent-took us minutes to get to the check in counter as it is just across the road, however they have failed to capitalise on the excellent location by offering such poor service. What a pity!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Prithie

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns on TripAdvisor. I had sent you an email to follow up, but haven’t received a reply. I’ve looked into your reservation, and I’ve followed up with our Front Office Manager regarding the service you had received throughout your stay during Stampede. When you had spoken to Leslie earlier in the day to guarantee your reservation those notes were put on file. The room type you had booked hadn’t changed at all – it was a Delta Room with two double beds (which is currently on our un-renovated floor), but upon arrival we had an upgrade to a King Suite available. Tejas, the gentleman you had at check-in, knew that you had had a long day and wanted to give you an option of the upgrade to one of our newly renovated rooms. Sometimes parents enjoy sharing the big bed with their children, and we’re very sorry that this assumed upon your arrival.

Tejas had then noticed that he had upset you and tried to offer breakfast as an apology. We didn’t have any flight information on file, so we weren’t aware of your early flight, and surely should have arranged alternatives once we were aware.

I’ve followed up with our Front Office team and our In-Room Dining team regarding the situation with the cookies. I was extremely disappointed to hear that no alternatives were provided upon request, and that we didn’t go that extra mile to have some sort of coffee and muffins available for you to have breakfast in the morning.

I hope that you had safe travels home, and hope that you allow us the opportunity to raise your expectations next time you travel through Calgary.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

This hotel was perfect for us as we had a very early flight. The hotel is located just opposite departures, it takes less than a minute to walk from your hotel room to the check in line. The rooms were nice for an airport hotel and there is a good selection of bars and restaurants. The best thing about this hotel is the staff, they could not be nicer. On arrival the concierge came out of the hotel to help us find somewhere to park and the following morning (after our flight had been cancelled) the staff allowed us to check back in to our room that we had vacated at 5am and were even prepared to let us have a later check out. Very impressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer045
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your outstanding experience with TripAdvisor! Our staff are truly amazing, and always go above and beyond for our valued guests. Luckily, being located right at the airport, we were able to keep your family comfortable after your flight cancellation. I hope that you had a fantastic trip despite the delays, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Great hotel and service, very lousy parking. Use only if you are flying in or out. We got a good deal on the rooms but we had to spend what we saved on valet parking. Service was fantastic. Didn't eat at the hotel restaurants as they were quite pricey but easy access to the airport where we had quite a choice of places to eat and shop.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wjsc
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. The in and out parking privileges are something we’re currently looking into. The downside to being at the airport is the parking, but the cost is ideal if you are parking and flying because you receive the parking at a discounted rate. I’m glad that overall you enjoyed the Delta Calgary Airport's service, and hope that you’ll come stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Would I stay at this property again? Yes, probably. The rooms are clean, staff friendly, bed comfortable, etc. The convenience of being right in the airport is hard to beat, and the hotel gives you a discounted parking rate in the public lot (which matters if you are staying a few nights, as I was). The only significant negative is that the whole place (except for the lobby) looks old and tired and in need of renovation. A little depressing at first but I got used to it. It helped that I got an excellent room rate on expedia.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank markOttawa_Canada

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review! We are actually starting renovations this week, and we’re looking forward to update some of our rooms. I’m glad that you had a great experience with the staff; and that although they seemed dated, the rooms were clean and comfortable. We do have a parking package for guests who are staying before they fly out of town which offers a great deal on parking and a stress-free hotel stay before a vacation! We hope to see you again soon, and look forward to showing off our new look!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I was on a business trip. Stay was ok. Slept well. Bed is comfortable. Bedding is clean and comfy. Room is clean. Good for business trip. Staff are polite. I although have seen a much nicer upscale Delta Hotels. This place can use more upgrade to have the "Delta Feel".

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mrsTravellingMama
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! We are actually just getting ready for renovations next week, so we’ll be upgrading our rooms shortly; although we haven’t implemented the Delta Mode style rooms currently, we will be incorporating some of the desired featured, like the SmartDesk connectivity, to our guest rooms over the next few months.