“The best Delta I have stayed in.”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
London, England, United Kingdom
“The best Delta I have stayed in.”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Amazingly, this was the best Delta I stayed in. I thought, when I heard we were staying in an airport hotel, that I would get no sleep at all. Wrong. I got a great sleep. There is also a great pool.

A great thing about this hotel is that it is so easy to get to, we collected our baggage from reclaim and it was right there. The food is average, but good for the standards of an airport hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank George B
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! I’m glad that you were able to get a good night’s sleep before your flight out. I’ve passed along your comments regarding your dining experience to our Chef, so he can utilize the feedback for any future changes in the menu. We hope to see you again next time you’re travelling through the Calgary Airport!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Korean first
Willis, Texas
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I were first time travelers though the Calgary airport in August. Not knowing what to expect with customs etc, we opted to stay at the Delta as it is literally at the airport. We found entrance easily and was assisted by Miguel at the front door. He helped us get our bags in and directed us to the rental car return which was close enough to walk back to the Hotel. Check in was all but instant and we were shown to our room immediately. As it was a special occasion, we were treated to a cheese and wine snack. My only complaint is that the room took forever to cool off.
Later we went to the lounge were we were given excellent service by the entire crew behind the bar. Their recommendations for our meal were spot on and everything was very tasty.
The next morning we were assisted from the hotel to baggage check in by Allan. He was kind enough to tell us what to expect going through US Customs and security making our first time going out of YYC a breeze. Overall we had a great experience.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caweisinger
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I’m glad that our team was able to make you feel comfortable at the Calgary Airport, and helped you get through US Customs swiftly. I’ve been sure to recognize Miguel and Allan, as well as, our YYC Lounge team for their outstanding customer service. I hope that you had a great vacation, and we hope to see you next time you’re flying out!
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We could not get a direct flight to Cancun this time of year so we took a lay over in Calgary this time instead of the usual Vancouver area. And, it was okay. This hotel is absolutely "feet" away from picking up your bag! Seriously, and easy to check in, have a meal, chat with the bartender, clean room and good bed with NO noise of the airport. Which, I thought I would need to wear earplugs! So, have a meal, swim and walk your bag back over for an early flight, good hotel and decent food in the lounge for a meal.

Room Tip: We were on 7th floor, window even opens, no planes woke me up at all!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank merv39
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor! I’m glad that you were able to get a good sleep before you flew to Cancun. It’s nice when your layover is relaxing, and allows you to get in the vacation mindset. I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to our bartenders, and we hope to see you back next time you’re heading down to the warmer climate!
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed at the Delta Hotel having flown in from London and it really is so easy to get to. It is just a short walk across the road or through the covered walkway and you are in the hotel lobby.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and we were quickly in our room. It must have been less than an hour from getting off the plane to jumping in the shower!

We ate dinner and breakfast In the hotel and they were both very good and reasonably priced. I thought that the bar where we had our evening meal had a very good atmosphere.

Th staff throughout the hotel were all helpful and another plus is that it is a very short walk from the hotel to the car hire offices.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jennilewes
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing the Delta Calgary Airport on TripAdvisor! I’m glad that our team helped you to feel comfortable after a long flight in from London. Also, I’ve passed along your outstanding comments regarding your dining experience to our Outlets team. We hope to see you again soon!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Due to an unfortunate situation with a another local hotel, I was calling desparately at 2 am for a hotel room. William, the person at the front desk who answered, said "not to worry" that he would take care of me and just just come to the hotel. He was there waiting when I arrived with my family, provided a room for me at a very reasonable rate and even called after I got to the room to make sure it was acceptable. The next morning the staff was very friendly. Room was in very good condition. Thank you William for the great service at 2 am.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MSM61
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
I was so excited to share your fantastic comments with Will. I’m glad that he provided you piece of mind in an incredibly stressful situation. It’s always great to know that our team is ensuring that the well-being of our guest(s) comes first. I’ll be sure to share your experience with the rest of the team here at Delta Calgary Airport as well. We look forward to seeing you next time!
Grande Cache, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was a nice hotel with an pool for the kids. Parking was very inconveniant and pricey with having to use the parking parkade at the airport. It was nice that they gave the kids coupons for cookies and milk before bed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim H
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. The parking is an ongoing issue; however, we’re currently trying to figure out a viable solution, with the airport, for our long-term guests. If you book our Park & Fly Package the cost of parking is fairly economical compared with some of the other options around the airport. Hopefully we’ll see you next time you fly out - we'll make sure to have some more milk and cookies waiting!
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We have stayed at this property three times now and each time have been treated with EXTREME solicitousness.....the staff could not do enough for us and took the time to find out our preferences and went out of their way to ask if everything was pleasing, what they could do to make it better, and twice gave us free unasked-for upgrades to a higher level of room than we had actually paid for - even during the busy Calgary Stampede. Pillow-top mattresses and huge pillows made for a wonderful rest. Rooms have fridges so you can keep your juice or water cold.

We loved the convenience to the airport and this made up for the slightly higher cost we paid for the room (around $140) since we didn't have to pay a cab from a hotel in the city. Brewster transport buses are almost right outside the door as are the car rental agencies - you can't beat it for convenience. We also love the YYC lounge and the beautiful indoor pool which is never full....you are almost guaranteed to have the place to yourself 9/10 of the time. Breakfast was a bit overpriced but the quality of the food was good two out of the three times we ate there - the only disappointment was when they tried to come up with a "western menu" for the Stampede - we found it unappealing, though others liked it. The buffet breakfast had a lot of variety, including a number of items not usually found on a buffet such as cold platters of European meats and cheeses, and a great variety of baked goods....worth the money. Best of all the staff try to get to know you by name and they bend over backwards to make your trip memorable....I am quickly coming to the conclusion that Delta is my favourite hotel brand.

Room Tip: You can ask for a late check-out - up till 6pm - to accommodate your flight or bus departure.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sistersofhope
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! It’s wonderful that you’ve highlighted so many advantages you had while staying at the Delta Calgary Airport. I’ve passed along your concerns regarding your Stampede breakfast experience, and the value, to our Outlets Manager and Executive Chef for them to utilize when making changes to the breakfast buffet. I’m extremely glad to hear that overall your Delta experiences have been outstanding, and we truly appreciate your loyalty to Delta Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again soon!