We had an excellent stay at the Delta Calgary Airport prior to an early morning flight. We had booked the lowest grade room as we just wanted a place to stay that was very close to the airport since we were travelling with our 10 month old baby. Upon check-in the staff had wished me a Happy Birthday (the next day was my birthday) and had upgraded us to the Jacuzzi Suite! That was a great surprise for all of us.
The hotel was similar to other Delta's that I have been to in that it had an indoor swimming pool in the lobby area. We had not used it but there were plenty of children playing about. The lobby seemed recently renovated with very modern accents and it definitely had a 5 star feel to it.
The room was quite large with a separate living area and bedroom. The Jacuzzi was also quite large and fit both my wife and I with absolutely no problems! The jets were quite loud so we didn't turn them on since our daughter was sleeping in the bedroom. The furnishings and design of the room was very modern and similar to the lobby area in design. That being said though, the hotel was still showing it's age even through the renovations.
There were a few problems upon arrival: One of the lightbulbs was out and the remote control didn't work in the living room. As soon as I called the front desk, a very friendly maintenance man came up immediately to fix everything.
The location cannot be beat! I stayed at another airport hotel the next day and I was complaining to my wife about how far away it was from the airport compared to the Delta. The 5 min walk seemed like forever compared to the Delta's 20 second walk. I made several trips to the airport while in the hotel to see off family, buy some food, etc... and it felt like I had never left.
Lastly, the thing that put this hotel over the top was the porter that we had requested help us with our luggage in the morning. All of the staff was wonderful but Allan the porter certainly put customer service first! If any of the Delta Management reads this, please send him our praises! He had come up to our room at 5:30 am and while I was expecting a somewhat grumpy porter as it was so earlier, I was greeted by this incredibly friendly man who was very courteous and polite and made every effort to make sure our needs were met. After we checked out, he was waiting at the front desk with our baggage, and he even brought it all over to the check-in counter and put it all on an airport cart so we could get in smoother.
Other great things:
Fairly good room service
I have stayed at many 5 star hotels like St. Regis', Fairmonts, Westins, you name it, and although the facilities were not close to being on par with them, the level of friendly service I received was as good, if not better then any of them. I highly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently connected by indoor walkway to the Calgary International Airport, Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal in Calgary, Alberta, Canada offer a stress free beginning to a vacation as well as an excellent meeting location for your conference or social event. Our Calgary airport hotel's amenities include a variety of meeting facilities and beautifully appointed award-winning restaurants and lounge. The direct access to the Deerfoot expressway and Highway 2 allows for quick transportation to the businesses within the north, south or west end of the city, and a short 15 minute drive to Downtown Calgary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Calgary Airport Hotel Calgary
- Calgary Delta
- Delta Hotel Calgary Airport