“4 star facilities-5 star staff!”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Matsusaka, Japan
“4 star facilities-5 star staff!”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We had an excellent stay at the Delta Calgary Airport prior to an early morning flight. We had booked the lowest grade room as we just wanted a place to stay that was very close to the airport since we were travelling with our 10 month old baby. Upon check-in the staff had wished me a Happy Birthday (the next day was my birthday) and had upgraded us to the Jacuzzi Suite! That was a great surprise for all of us.

The hotel was similar to other Delta's that I have been to in that it had an indoor swimming pool in the lobby area. We had not used it but there were plenty of children playing about. The lobby seemed recently renovated with very modern accents and it definitely had a 5 star feel to it.

The room was quite large with a separate living area and bedroom. The Jacuzzi was also quite large and fit both my wife and I with absolutely no problems! The jets were quite loud so we didn't turn them on since our daughter was sleeping in the bedroom. The furnishings and design of the room was very modern and similar to the lobby area in design. That being said though, the hotel was still showing it's age even through the renovations.

There were a few problems upon arrival: One of the lightbulbs was out and the remote control didn't work in the living room. As soon as I called the front desk, a very friendly maintenance man came up immediately to fix everything.

The location cannot be beat! I stayed at another airport hotel the next day and I was complaining to my wife about how far away it was from the airport compared to the Delta. The 5 min walk seemed like forever compared to the Delta's 20 second walk. I made several trips to the airport while in the hotel to see off family, buy some food, etc... and it felt like I had never left.

Lastly, the thing that put this hotel over the top was the porter that we had requested help us with our luggage in the morning. All of the staff was wonderful but Allan the porter certainly put customer service first! If any of the Delta Management reads this, please send him our praises! He had come up to our room at 5:30 am and while I was expecting a somewhat grumpy porter as it was so earlier, I was greeted by this incredibly friendly man who was very courteous and polite and made every effort to make sure our needs were met. After we checked out, he was waiting at the front desk with our baggage, and he even brought it all over to the check-in counter and put it all on an airport cart so we could get in smoother.

Other great things:
Free WIFI
Very Quiet
Coffee maker
Fairly good room service

I have stayed at many 5 star hotels like St. Regis', Fairmonts, Westins, you name it, and although the facilities were not close to being on par with them, the level of friendly service I received was as good, if not better then any of them. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We’re glad that you enjoyed your stay, and ended off your trip to Canada on such a positive note. I’ve been sharing your story all week, and ensuring Allan receives the proper recognition for leaving such a great impression on your family. He wanted me to pass along that he was “Sorry to disappoint your expectations [of a grumpy porter]”, and was glad that you had a safe trip home. We hope to see you again next time you find yourself traveling through Calgary.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Korean first
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Flew in to YYC,walked just a few steps indoors to this great hotel. Kids liked pool and we liked "kids 6 & under" eat free when adults have a meal. Excellent food! Tastefuly furnished room, beds very comfy. View over airport, could see planes but no noise, totally soundproof. Kids enjoyed Spaceport at YYC. All hotel staff friendly and helpful. Love this hotel, back again soon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Thank you so much for your outstanding TripAdvisor review! I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay, and were able to take advantage of all the family amenities we offer; including, visiting the Spaceport just across the covered walkway, on the Mezzanine Level, to the Calgary International Airport. We look forward to having you back soon!
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2013

You cannot beat the location, and for that I rate it as very good. But if you are looking for additional guest services like Valet parking and staff that can fix a TV, you may not be impressed with their service (or lack thereof). The room was small and dimly lit, but comfortable bed and clean room. Again, its all about the location!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I want to apologize about the lack of service you had experienced during your last stay. Our Bell Desk staff should always be available to assist guests with valet parking and luggage handling when guests arrive. As well, our Engineering staff should be trained on how to repair the various products available on property, and I’m surprised about them not being able to provide a solution for your TV. I have followed up with our Chief Engineer and our Front Office Manager about these issues, and appreciate you bringing them to my attention. I can assure you the level of service you experience is not up to Delta standards, and will be remedied immediately. I hope that you will stay with us again next time you’re flying out, and provide us the opportunity to provide you the service you’ve come to expect when staying at the Delta Calgary Airport.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 December 2012

A great hotel to stay at after a long flight. At Calgary International Airport grab a trolley for your luggage, take the elevator up one level and follow the signs to the Delta Calgary Airport Hotel, no need to even go outside in the freezing cold. Beds are very comfortable. Our room on the 7th floor faced the two pools below. Would recommend this hotel for convenience.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maz11
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay, and didn’t have to bear the cold outside you encountered when you arrived in Calgary! Hope you had safe travels, and we hope to see you again next time you’re visiting Canada.
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 20 December 2012

It doesn't get anymore convenient than this when you are having to overnight while flying.

The hotel is a little dated but well maintained. I notice other reviewers complaining about the size of the room, we had no issues, The room is definitely a little pricey for what you are getting in a hotel room but once again, you can't beat the convenience of it. We did notice that the room was a little warm but not uncomfortable.

There is complimentary wi-fi but the signal is a little weak.

If we ever have to overnight in Calgary again while travelling we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank missedme
Thank you so much for your review! I’m glad that you had a comfortable stay, and enjoyed the convenience of our location at the Calgary International Airport. I’ve passed along your compliments, regarding the maintenance, to our Engineering team who were elated about this recognition. The Internet XL we feature is the fastest network in any hotel in Canada; however, the connectivity can be tricky which may have resulted in the weak signal you received. If you happen to have troubles getting a full connection next time you visit, just give Guest Services a call and they’ll be able to troubleshoot with you. We look forward to having you back!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Have stayed at this location several times and the staff and location cannot be beat.
The rooms however are VERY dated and rather small. Carpets are worn to death and AC fans are noisy.
Rooms on upper floors are renovated and quite nice but I wouldn't pay their rates for one of the "original rooms"

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank T R
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback regarding the condition of your room, and have passed this information forward to our Chief Engineer and Executive Rooms Quality Manager for follow up. We recently finished some updates to our rooms in August, and have 90% of our rooms featuring a renovated product. We’ve also just added PURE hypo-allergenic rooms to our inventory this December. I'm very glad that our team here at the Delta Calgary Airport make you feel at home, and we all appreciate your loyalty. We hope to see you again in the New Year to show off our new look!
Banff National Park, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Rooms are a bit small. Bath room is even smaller! Front Desk was very friendly, it was refreshing. We had such a GREAT sleep! Free coffee in the room. We asked for a late check out and they were more than happy to give us one. This is the only hotel connected to the Calgary airport so it makes for a very short and convenient walk there.
I think there should be a free continental breakfast. Many of the other surrounding hotels offer free breakfast. Still great though.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brookebethune
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review! I’ve passed long your concerns regarding the continental breakfast to our Outlets Manager and Executive Chef to look at for future improvement opportunities. I’m glad that despite the cost, you still enjoyed your meal and the free coffee available for the Keurig Coffee Maker in the room. I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to the Front Office Team, and we look forward to having you back next time you’re flying out.