“Smack dab in the middle of the airport”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 21 September 2013

You can't beat this location for an early morning flight. You do hear the planes, but that comes with the territory. The rooms are a little worn and tight. Parking is an added cost. They had a quadruple room, which not everyone has.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your great comments! I was happy to hear that our location was of convenience for you during your travels. I have shared your observations with our Renovations Team regarding the dated rooms for future considerations. I was delighted to hear that our quadruple rooms suited your needs and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stay here frequently and hands down the location to the Calgary airport is this hotels largest asset just a 30 second walk across the street and your at the airport.

Front desk check in is always top notch and they really strive hard to use your name and ensure there are no long waits to check in and the lobby is quite nice as well, this hotel does better than most with the whole check in process this hotel is not afraid to upgrade if there is availability so ask.

This is a old CP property and as a result the rooms especially the bathroom are not overly large but I find them adequate for myself although if their was more than 2 people per room it would be a challange IMO. Not much the hotel can do about the room size and overall they make good use of the space.

The rooms are starting to look a bit worn out but still in decent enough shape.... THE major highlights are the beds, pillows and linnens which are to die for, I always sleep very soundly and never hear the airport / aircraft noise. They have Kurig coffee makers which is a nice touch and 42" flat screen TV's, internet is free if your a Delta Privilage member and bathrobes seem to always be in the room so the rooms do pack a punch.

Housekeeping is were they loose 1/2 a star and this is only lately, rooms used to be spotless always but the past few months not as clean as they should be and my last 2 stays I actually found a dirty bath towel from the previous guests hanging on the back of the bathroom door, I complained the first time and got a great response but apparently the news did not travel to the housekeepers because both incidents were less than 1 week apart, got to say it is gross when I think about it and absolutly no excuse for this 2 times in a row.

Lounge is really good, great service and they are quick to learn your names and make you feel like you are part of the family, the lounge food menu is very limited but you can ask for a menu from the resturant and they are happy to accomodate. Good wine and craft beer selection but a bit pricey.

Ok here is were they loose the other 1/2 star and this only would affect Delta Privilage Members, the Delta Privilage Program is not what I would call a good hotel frequent user program but it does have a few perks such as turn down service which essentially is a bottle of water put on the counter of your room, the past 5 stays I have not received that service and finally complained and was told they had found a glitch in there system and it was corrected but the next stay again there was no turn down service so nothing changes and I see a pattern happening here, also lost the morning newpaper service as well which is something that is available even at the lower hotel brands.

Ok after that rant I still really like this hotel and overall service.... so for me it's a no brainer and why I have rated this Delta as very good, my decision to continue to support this Delta might change if a new airport hotel opens up in the new expansion unless Delta start to take care of there frequent travels better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window that opens to the outsude they are all odd room numbers.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We take all guest comments as an opportunity to review our product and processes and we thank you for providing us with your detailed experience.
I was delighted to hear that staff was able to provide you with the service that you expect as well as deserve. I have shared your compliments with the team.
I was disappointed to hear that the room was not up to our standards on your recent visits, and I have passed along your observations to the Rooms Quality Manager for further follow up to prevent this from reoccurrence in the future. As you did mention that the turn down service has been absent, I wanted to let you know we are still working on the reporting end of things to ensure accuracy to provide our guests with the service they expect while staying with us. I apologize this has not been corrected prior to your recent stays.
If you would like to contact me directly in the future when you are staying with us, I would be happy to ensure you receive your turn down until we are able to get our reporting system back up and running correctly. I can be reached at stephanie.girouard@deltahotels.com.
Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty at the Delta Calgary Airport, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Everything in this hotel was outstanding. Location is great, within walking distance from the check in counters. Front desk service was great. Rooms are outstanding. The restaurant is fantastic and the prices surprisingly reasonably. Highly recommended

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you for your outstanding review! I was excited to hear that your stay with us was so great! I have shared your compliments with the team and they were happy to hear them! Thank you for recommendations and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here just for one night to catch up with sleep and rest after a long-haul flight and before the next leg of our journey. The check-in and check-out were quick and pleasant. We had a standard room with two queen beds with windows out to the swimming pool in the lobby (very nice!). The room itself wasn’t big but very comfy with plush beds and all the usual amenities (tea and coffee, mini-bar/fridge, flat screen tv, free internet etc). The bathroom seemed a bit dated and tiny but other than that it was clean and functional. We really liked the extra touch - a complimentary platter of cheese and fruit waiting for us in the room. It was too late for dinner and the snack was very welcome and enjoyable. We didn’t get a chance to try any other facilities due to our stay being so short. We did however have a breakfast in their Compass Restaurant. They had a very good choice of breakfast sets as well as a nice buffet (cold food only, no eggs etc), the food was plenty, fresh and tasty. The staff were always very pleasant and friendly throughout the hotel. Some may be glad to hear that the hotel is genuinely located at the airport (no need for shuttle or taxi); you just have to find the right exit from the arrivals (the volunteers are there to help if any problems), cross the street and take a lift into the lobby. A very pleasant stay altogether, wouldn’t hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your great comments! I was happy to hear your overall stay with us was a pleasant one. I have shared your compliments with the team on your behalf. One can’t beat the convenience of walking across the street into a comfortable room and bed, and I am happy that you enjoyed that aspect. We look forward to your return visit, and we will see you soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed overnight to catch an early flight. Fabulous dinner at the steak restaurant Route 50 (?). Nice bedlinen and amenities. Miniscule bathroom but tea and coffee machine provided as well as a fridge. Flat screenTV. Front desk very helpful and welcoming. Wanted to miss my flight to stay longer.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your great review! I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed an excellent dinner at the Steak house Restaurant. I have shared your compliments with the Chef. Although we are happy to hear you made your flight on time, we are happy that your stay was pleasant enough that you wished you could have stayed longer! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at the Delta Calgary Airport 3 weeks ago, for convenience and to give myself a nice, easy start to an important business trip. Upon booking, my price options were expensive, and more expensive. I opted for more expensive, to give my colleague and I each our own bed, and more room to get ready in the early morning hours. Check in was fine, the nightcap in the lounge was fine, and we slept just fine. However, when we attempted to get ready in the morning (approx. 5:00AM), our room lost power. My colleague was in the shower, in pitch black (shampoo in eyes, disoriented, she nearly fell and broke her neck) . I was lost in the room, forced to stumble into the hallway in various states of undress, just to call the front desk. He assured me they would have our power returned soon. 15 minutes later (I'm holding the room door open so my colleague can have just enough light to not panic as she remains in the shower, trying to get the soap out of her eyes so that she MIGHT get her contacts in), the lights return. Now, it's 5:45, we had planned to be checked out by 6- an impossibility. Scrambling to continue to get ready, I receive a knock at the door. A man from the front desk asks if there is power. Obviously. He then told me that it was MY fault that the room lost power, as I had chosen to blow dry my hair. WITH the blow dryer provided by the hotel. And he claims that it happens in EVERY hotel. I am a 27 year old female, who owns my own business and travels constantly. I have been in and out of hotels, not only throughout my career, but all my life, as I'm sure most other people who use this website are, too. I have NEVER lost power from a hair dryer (or at all, for that matter). For this employee to stand there and waste MORE of my time, telling me that if I want to keep power, not to dry my hair (???) in any hotel, was the most obsurd, degrading and dishonest thing that has ever happened to me in any hotel stay, ever.
We managed to get to the front desk to check out at 6:30. The front desk employee who had come all the way up to our room to point his finger at me for forcing him to (I imagine) flip the breaker switch back on after I selfishly used their hair dryer for 5 minutes, continued to attempt to convince us that this is very common. And then the other front desk employee got involved, and together, they tried to make me feel very stupid for using that 'decorative' hair dryer that was left in the room.
First world problems. I wouldn't have turned in to such a prima donna over this stay, had they just admitted it was a stupid problem in the hotel, and hopefully it won't happen in my next stay (shower cap!). No, instead, they told me with their snide looks and comments, to never stay in the Delta Calgary Airport EVER again. I won't.
There is a new hotel being built at the airport. Thankfully.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kate P
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I was disappointed to hear about your loss of power experience while staying with us. We were previously made aware of your concern, and I assure you that the employees involved have been followed up with accordingly. Unfortunately we were not able to contact you previously but would value the opportunity to speak directly to this matter with you. Our Hotel Manager can be reached at jason.clark@deltahotels.com. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We arrived in Calgary after a long flight and were happy to have our first night at the airport. Also because it was late in the evening. The guy at reception was very friendly. We were still able to have a small meal. The rooms were very large and comfortable. When we left the morning after, the man at reception gave us a map of Banff NP and showed us places we could visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your great comments! I was happy to hear that the staff were able to accommodate you during your arrival as well as your departure. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Banff National Park and we hope to welcome you back soon!