“Fairly expensive for an average room”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Business stay. It was an okay hotel, the rooms were clean, but I would still recommend footwear when you're lounging around in the room. Don't risk bare-footing it.
The strangest thing about the hotel was the fact that the pool is in the lobby. Yup, you read that correctly. So...you can check in ...and then go for a swim while other travellers are checking in?
It's a weird concept...
Not the worst hotel I've stayed in. The location is ideal as it's connected directly to the airport. I would stay here again on business.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jubilee2963
Delta C, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I'm very glad to hear that you found the location of our hotel ideal for your business travel needs! We definitely consider our location to be ideal in it's proximity to the airport.

I am sorry that you found the floors in your room not to your satisfaction. I will certainly pass on this information to our Rooms Quality department. I will also pass on your observation about prices to our Revenue Management team.

Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Hotel Calgary Airport!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The only benefit to this hotel is that it is adjacent to the airport, so very convenient if travelling or attending meetings at hotel for business. Rooms are older, but clean and beds are comfortable. Food is very good with two restaurant options, a lounge and good room service. Pool is right off the lobby, and very open....not very inviting for sure. Fitness room is small, and at times can be very busy. Hotel room rates are very expensive!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello,

I'm very glad to hear that you found our location convenient; it is certainly something that we consider an added benefit for individuals who are travelling. I'm also happy to hear that our dining options were satisfactory for you.

I apologize that you did not find our pool area welcoming; and am also sorry to hear that our room rates were not to your satisfaction. I have noted your comments and will be sure to pass that on to our Revenue Management Team.

Thank you for staying with the Delta Calgary Airport, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had the pleasure of celebrating my 70th birthday at this lovely hotel with my best friend you also turned 70 at the same time. We were made to feel so welcome with a beautiful desert for each of us in our room. The staff were so helpful and Tejas stood out the most. He truly made us feel we were the most important people and that he would help us in any way possible.
I will return again and again as this was the most amazing experience I've ever had in a hotel.
The rest of the staff and especially the chef were wonderful.
Your wonderful staff helped arrange a special surprise for our birthday which involved them having a picture printed and framed for us and left in our room on our pillows, as requested by Kevin my husband. It involved them driving to two different stores to accomplish this amazing surprise. I thank all who took part in this, as it was far above the call of duty.

Tejas and all who helped make this a special celebration, get a very special thanks from my friend and I. We will never forget this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Starshine7

I am so happy to hear that we were able to make both your and your friend's 70th anniversary a memorable experience! We pride ourselves in going "above and beyond" for our guests, and feedback such as this is always wonderful to hear. I will be passing on your compliments to the team, particularly Tejas.

Thank you for staying at the Delta Calgary Airport, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here for business. It is convenient for/to the airport and has all the amenities for a pleasant stay.

Their wifi was a bit slow though, but that isn't a deal breaker.

They have a nice bar and a couple of nice restaurants too. I didn't have time to test their swimming pool but it looked inviting.

As I was there for business, I checked out rather early. I was concerned about what to do with my luggage during my busy day but the folks at Delta informed me that I was welcome to check my baggage (free of charge) and pick it up later that day, before my flight home. This was very convenient and a relief.

I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Delta C, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for sharing the great news about your stay!

It was a pleasure to hear that the staff were able to accommodate you by storing your luggage for you while you were out of the hotel. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team on your behalf.

I have shared your observations regarding the internet with our Engineering Team for further follow up.

Thank you for choosing the Delta Calgary Airport Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel does everything it says on the packet-Excellent beds-QUIET- and last but not least very helpful and friendly staff. A special Thankyou to the Front desk man Tejas-he must be the most helpful,friendly and accomadating Front desk man i have ever encountered on my many visits to various Hotels.A great start to our Hoilday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank manopkip

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us!

I was delighted to hear that your overall stay with us was a positive one. I have shared your fantastic compliments with the entire team in regards to the service that Tejas provided to you. I will be sure to recognize and celebrate him on your behalf.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed at the Delta Calgary Airport many times and they never cease to amaze us with their professional, friendly, courteous and caring staff. They all go out of their way to make sure that everything is perfect during the time we spend with them. If there is something that needs addressing it is looked after immediately no matter how big or small.

It is quiet even though it is at the airport and we always have a restful stay. It is conveniently located steps from where you pick up your luggage which very nice when you arrive late at night. No matter what time of day or night we check in we receive friendly greeting and are made comfortable as quickly as possible.

The YYC lounge and restaurant have a great menu selection and the restaurant also has a fabulous breakfast buffet. The waiters and waitresses are great, always making sure we are looked after without being intrusive.

Next time our travels take us there we have decided to stay an extra day just to enjoy being "spoiled" by the staff and the relaxing atmosphere! This is one hotel that we feel deserves double a "5 Star" rating......It is a "10 Star" hotel in our books! Don't pass up an opportunity to stay here and pamper yourself.

Phyllis and Michael G

Room Tip: Any room we have stayed in has been great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Delta C, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your great feedback!

I was delighted to hear that each visit with us is a treat during your travels! I have shared your compliments with the entire team on your behalf regarding the excellent service you experience each and every stay.
I have also shared your compliments with the Kitchen and Restaurant Team.

Thank you for including the Delta Calgary Airport Hotel in your travelling plans, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I fly a lot and most times it is a very early flight. I live at the other end of the city and each time I am Stressed about the trip to airport and checking in for my flight. This time we decided to spend the night before here.. and save ourselves the fuss. OMG That night we wandered over to get our boarding pass and enjoyed a great night at the hotel. In the morning we simply sauntered down the walkway...and tah dah! You don't even have to go outside. Departures is right there. We'd already done check in .. and went right to customs .. Sure it might not be affordable to stay here every time.. but it is worth the treat if you can. The room was fine. The bed was comfy.. and was a great start to our vacation.

Room Tip: we got the best deal by going through the hotel and not a travel site.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your fantastic feedback!

It was a pleasure to learn that our location was able to provide you with a comfortable and stress free trip!

Thank you for choosing the Delta Calgary Airport, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!