“Convenient and quiet”

Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
prior lake mn
“Convenient and quiet”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a great choice if you have an early departure or late arrival into YYC. If you stay off the airport grounds add a minimum of 30 minutes and more like an hour to schlep for a cab/shuttle etc. It is such a pleasure to just roll off the plane and walk a few steps and boom, you hit the hay or in the morning you are at ticketing.

I was worried that it would be noisy being at the airport but it was as quiet as any I have stayed in while visiting Calgary. The staff has been very helpful every time I have stayed and last time my wife and I were booked into a single and a murphy bed and they changed things up for us.

Hotel is a typical Delta property in a good way. Clean, beds are comfy and the restaurant/bar is a decent dining choice if you don't get in too late. Our costs were reasonable compared to other equivalent airport properties but prices can vary.

Not sure I would use as a base of operations if I were staying in Calgary for an extended period as it is not convenient to downtown.

Room Tip: Haven't noted anything that stands out having been in a number of their rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Todd F
Delta C, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you found our location at the airport to be convenient, and am glad that our soundproofed rooms have made your stays enjoyable. I have noted your comments about the service our team members provided you and your wife, and will be sure to pass on your compliments!

Once again, thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Calgary Airport again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Edwardsburg, Michigan
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very nice, quiet rooms right at the airport in Calgary. Clean and modern with very comfy beds. Although there are soda/pop machines in the hotel, there are no snack machines but if you head from the mezzanine into the airport there are some snack machines there. We didn't try the restaurant.
This is a good choice if you have an early morning flight and want to get a bit more sleep than if you stayed near but not actually at the airport. Expensive but nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Trisha M
Delta C, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you found our location at the airport convenient, and our beds comfortable. I noticed that you commented on the vending machines- if you are staying with us again and would like a late night snack beyond what the vending machines offer, our In Room Dining is open 24 hours.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Due to a lovely ski accident in April I had the opportunity to stay here and get a feel for the hotel.
Pleasantly surprised, Delta's are a decent chain they generally keep the hotels in good order.
The location in the Calgary airport makes it an excellent choice for those early morning flights or stop overs. Why suffer getting up really early just stay here before that 6am flight to the US or international. The rooms are nice, linens are standard wifi connection is solid. Staff were excellent they really made the extra effort getting me rolled into the airport with my wheel chair ! Going that extra mile really makes the difference. The pool is right there in the hotel as well, almost feels like you are at a resort. Food is close by as well and the staff in the restaurant were also fantastic, overall this is a great place to stay as airport hotels go !

Room Tip: I had a standard King it was a decent size.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank oakvilleadvisor
Delta C, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
While I'm sorry to hear about your skiing accident, I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us. I'm particularly happy to hear that our team members went the extra mile for you in getting you in your wheelchair over to the airport- we value our guests, and in many ways consider them family. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team!

Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back to the Delta Calgary Airport again soon- although hopefully under better circumstances!
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is convenant to the airport with out a doubt! The restaurant is excellent! we had a party of 10 and the chef came out and interduced her self and ask how dinner was... Really nice!
Valet are very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: I had an average room with a King bed but it was very roomy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank summer7708123
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that our location met your needs, and that you had such a positive experience both in our restaurant and with our valet. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to our team!

Once again, thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Calgary Airport again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Easy waling distance after a flight, right across from the departures gate so easy if making a connection. Very polite and pleasant staff. check in was smooth and no issues checking out I was only there about 10 hours so did not get to see everything they had to offer small pool off the lobby nice business center. Room was clean and had everything including a coffee maker love my morning coffee and do not want to wait.
Lounge for eating or a drink right off the lobby, It was a short stay as I had 13 hours overnight layover and knew I needed sleep expensive but pleasant and hope to return to check it out in greater detail.

Room Tip: Try and get near the elevator it was a distance to my room. nice and quiet never heard a thing
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hola1911
I'm glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant, if short. I'm particularly happy to hear that you found our team members to be polite and pleasant. We are always looking to exceed guest expectations, and our team is a key part of this.

Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward welcoming you back to the Delta Calgary Airport again soon, hopefully for a longer stay!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We got stuck in Calgary and I had to stay overnight with 2 small kids. The hotel was just perfect for what we needed. Great attention to detail. They send up milk and cookies for the kids, there is a fridge in the room (empty, not full of booze or expensive minibar junk to tempt the kids) for the leftover milk. Service was great at dinner at the restaurant downstairs, and the kids' drinks were served in these great cups with cone-shaped lids and flexible (not articulated) straws, so the kids could reach. I kept the cups! And when the bill came, the waiter insisted that kids eat free, even though there were 2 of them and only one adult meal.
After that, we had a good night's sleep in comfortable beds and a super convenient walk across the driveway to the terminal in the morning. Thank you to the staff and management for making everything work so well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us- I'm very happy to hear that it was a positive one! We always welcome families, and I'm glad to that you our free children's menu and other amenities led to a pleasant stay with us.

Once again, thank you, and we hope to welcome you and your family back to the Delta Calgary Airport again soon!
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This is the perfect hotel for a stop over or to pause before setting off to your final destination. Easily accessible from arrivals (over the road and in the elevator) and you can take your airport trolley to the reception desk. Staff we're outstanding - truly excellent. Check in was smooth and our 8 bags we're split between storage and the room at our request. Pool is chilly but refreshing after 8hr flight and the hot tub was lovely. Room was quiet and spacious (2 x queen) very comfortable for family of four and absolutely spotlessly clean. We had room service for dinner and the buffet breakfast was amazing - well worth it. Check out was smooth and straight across to departures on the same level. Could not have been easier - highly recommended - the staff genuinely couldn't have done any more for us - kind and accommodating - brilliant.

Stayed August 2014
Delta C, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that it was a positive one, with regards to your dining experience, the room cleanliness, and the service you received from our team members. I will be sure to pass on your compliments! I'm also glad that our location at the Calgary Airport met your needs, and led to a stress free experience for you and your family.

Once again, thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Delta Calgary Airport again soon!