“Nice enough option at the airport”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 18 July 2009

If you have an early morning flight out of Calgary I would recommend this hotel just for the location. The price was a bit steep, but given the fact that was could turn in the rental car a day early and had to be in line to check in for an early flight at 6AM, this was the best option for us.

The service was very nice and we had a good dinner down at the restaurant. The bed was comfortable and the place was clean. Not a full on luxury hotel, but then we just needed a good place to sleep close to the airport.

Would I spend more than a night here, probably not, but if you have a late flight in or an early flight out, it is a good option.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2blue
Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed 1 April 2009

I've been there for just few hours. The room was nice and very clean.

Would recommend to a friend.

Note: quite a bit expensive

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Workingforsomesun
Reviewed 1 March 2009

The staff here are very friendly and the location couldn't be better. The hotel seems to not care about the rooms because they are 5 years past due for a renovation. Faded green carpet, a TV that's 10 years old and dated fixtures. The bed itself is comfortable and if you are flying in and out where else are you going to stay? Other new hotels in close proximity that are newer cleaner and better priced. Save yourself about $100 a night and give them a try. Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn to name a few.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank allbusinessAlberta
Reviewed 16 January 2009

I booked this stay as a rewards stay using Airmiles. This was my second time booking a delta hotel using airmiles and I must say I was much more impressed the second time around. I was on my way to Virginia and had not slept for 3 days thanks to a bad bought of insomnia. I arrived in Calgary from Lethbridge very early on the shuttle bus and the desk agent was kind enough to let me check in at 10 am. After getting an early lunch in the airport I finally caught a long nap on the very comfortable bed. The rooms are very spacious with lovely toiletries and ample towels although I found the room somewhat warm for the cool winter day and had turn the fan on in the early evening for a short time. The television was a bit outdated but adequeate and since I was not there to watch TV it really was not a big deal. I was very well treated by the staff throughout my stay however the one complaint I did have was that the walls seemed to be somewhat thin and I heard my neighbors several times throughout the evening when I tried to get an early night. I had a very early flight and did not appreciate hearing crying babies and shouring people on various floors. In the morning, I turning on my tv to watch Canada AM and it was apparently too loud for my neighbor even tho it was not that loud and a security agent came loudly knocking at my door! I found this a bit disconcerting to say the least. The other issue I had was with the telephone charges - for a hotel that charges a high rate - even tho my hotel room was as some would say was free - I still technically paid for it. I made 4 phone calls and my charges were over $20.00 for local calls! The was after the desk clerk corrected the bill by taking calls off that were not completed due to the phone being difficult to use.

That being said, since I have mobility issues it was a great boon to me to be able to just walk across to the departures desk from the hotel with a cart that was retrieved for me by a porter. So my stay was mixed - A great stay in some ways with a few minor annoyances. I would still recommend this hotel to my friends and I am likely to stay there when I return back to Canada at the end of February.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 December 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Delta for a few hours on December 28th on a lay over. It was ok for what and where it is. The bed was very comfortable. The floor could really be vacumed though. The staff was pleasent. You could smell the fumes from the jet fuel at the airport, but then again you are at an airport. For its purpose it was fine but would not be a destination hotel to me.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2008

I really like this hotel. We stay here routinely when flying in or out of YYC. The staff are some of the friendliest and most helpful that I have encountered. Parking sucks, but it is an airport so that is expected. The pool is always pleasantly warm. The rooms are larger than the norm. What makes it ideal, however, is that you walk across the street and check in. Get Delta priviledge membership and you can have late checkouts......

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 November 2008

Great location etc. However the room I had (702) was in dire need of an update. Gaping hole in the console where the fridge used to be, scratched furnishings and room trim, worn and dirty looking carpet, cheap looking furniture and dated TV. I have stayed in better Deltas and certainly have stayed in better hotels in this price/quality range, however location location location won (and the associated convenience) this place three stars, otherwise it would have been a two.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo