“Great Theatre Value and Consistently Good”

Vertigo Mystery Theatre
Ranked #63 of 303 things to do in Calgary
Calgary, AB
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Great Theatre Value and Consistently Good”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My wife and I attended a play about 4 years ago and promptly signed up as season ticket holders. We've been going ever since. The product is good, and what's more it's consistent. Occasionally they do things that stretch the limits of "mystery" but we've never seen anything that we'd classify as "bad". Occasionally they do something that's outstanding.

In contrast we got season tickets to Theatre Calgary last year. Their product was incosistent, and what's more it ranged from terrible to mediocre. When renewal season came we quickly renewed Vertigo, cancelled Theatre Calgary, and gave some of the money we'd saved to Vertigo in the form of a donation. I think that says it all.

1 Thank TravelSkeptic43

Cochrane, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Mystery Theatre”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Vertigo Mystery Theatre has been in Calgary for a long time. It is in a perfect, downtown location. The small venue adds to the feeling of being part of the play. I've been a few times and never had a bad seat.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Percypup
Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Sweeny Todd”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

we went to see sweeny todd on a Saturday evening. The play was great, a little long in the tooth in some places, but really enjoyable. Wish they gave you enought time at intermission to actually drink a beverege intead of pay $10 for a drink you can only guzzle half of. I would have been okay with cutting 20 minutes off the play length and giving it to intermissionn

1 Thank Krustybee
Calgary, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Sweeney Todd was excellently done!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We have season tickets to the Vertigo, and Sweeney Todd was without a doubt my favorite thus far. I would like to see more musical performances in the future, like Sweeney, Evil Dead, etc.. We also love to see all of the mystery plays at the Vertigo. The venue is the perfect size (not too large) and the acting is always fantastic. I would highly recommend the Vertigo theatre for both couples and families that enjoy live theatre, mysteries, and are searching for a great way to spend a night out!

1 Thank girlchisholm
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Sweeney Todd - Great experience!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

During a school field trip, I was lucky enough to tag along on a visit to Vertigo Theatre to see their production of Sweeney Todd. The theatre is intimate, I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. The acoustics were great and the production was first rate. The actors were well rehearsed and it looked like they were totally immersed in their roles. The props were minimal but effective and the company really worked together to make the play flow. A professional company putting out a thoroughly enjoyable product. The teenagers we accompanied all enjoyed their afternoon at the theatre. The adults in our group who attended all picked up the 2012/2013 brochure to check out the upcoming season and learn about subscribing to this wonderful theatrical gem.

1 Thank Katy365