The Fairmont Palliser
  • Restaurant
Hotel Arts(Calgary)
  • Restaurant
2,523 results
All reviewsgold floorthe penthousepresidents clubcalgary towerclassic hoteltrain tracksbeautiful hotelvalet parkingrocky mountaineersteam roomvalet servicestephen avenueheart of downtowncalgary stampedeoakloungeconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We spent the last weekend of the Calgary Stampede at The Palliser. Given how busy they get during this period the Fairmont standards NEVER slip. From check-in to check-out it was top notch. The staff's attitude could not be better, the rooms could not better and the location is perfect. It is right next door to the Calgary Tower and the shops and restaurants of Stephens Ave are on your doorstep.
We ate dinner one night at the Oak Room Bar and Lounge and the food was superb. The interior of the hotel reminds me of Raffles Hotel in Singapore.
My husband and I stay at Fairmonts whenever we can and we are ALWAYS treated like royalty. We'd recommend the Fairmont brand across the board.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank LadyBeaujolais
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I’ve stayed at the Palliser a number of times. While the lobby remains consistently the same, I’m always surprised at the variety of rooms in the building. With a hotel that is almost 100 years old, you definitely have to work with the structural design of the building. It strikes me that the hotel has a one layout policy that requires a certain number of pieces of furniture in each room. Depending on the size of the room, it will feel either spacious or cramped. I’ve noticed this in many of the Fairmont hotels. My suggestion to the hotel is to treat each room differently and decorate accordingly; this could become a competitive advantage and support the price charged for the stay. My room that I was in was one of the bigger ones however the layout was awkward. The work station was serviceable. The room service was fast and efficient; I ordered a few minutes before closing. The food choices were good and my meal was decent. I enjoyed my stay even though it was less than 12 hours.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Wootten00
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights. It's a hotel you want to love, but as other reviewers have noted, it's vintage and has some problems. Our 2nd floor room was tiny. The view was no better than an airshaft and all we could see was a big ventilation pipe. There was virtually no daylight. It was depressing. We arrived late and no one helped bring our bags up the front staircase or into the lobby. (There is no ramp for rolling luggage.) On the positive side, the public areas are old-style fancy and comfortable. The bellmen, front desk and restaurant staff were helpful and friendly. If this hotel was not included in our tour package, I probably would have opted for the more modern Marriott down the block. The location is convenient for exploring downtown Calgary.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank KeepOnTraveling
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I always enjoy Fairmont hotels, although the Palliser has seen better days. The room showed some wear and tear but was still comfortable. Service ranged from awkward to inept. The price for the 3 nights that I stayed was a deal, however. Wireless internet worked well until my last day.
PS: taxis in Calgary are worse than horrible!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Europhile_Pacific
Reviewed 18 June 2010

this hotel is a relic and the staff and service was pathetic. I stayed for 2 days and had to check out save your time and money is all i can say. If your 60+ you might like this hotel

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends