The Fairmont Palliser
  • Restaurant
Hotel Arts(Calgary)
  • Restaurant
2,523 results
All reviewsgold floorthe penthousepresidents clubcalgary towerclassic hoteltrain tracksbeautiful hotelvalet parkingrocky mountaineersteam roomvalet servicestephen avenueheart of downtowncalgary stampedeoakloungeconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Fairmont Palliser on several occasions and this is the Classic hotel with the best customer service in Calgary. Yes, many of the rooms are small, but that's how hotel rooms were when this was built - the ceilings are high and you won't feel claustrophobic. The renovations are great and you really feel a sense of high class here. The parking is pathetic, thanks to the greed of IMPARK, but everything else is beautiful and classy. Try the Sunday brunch if you're hungry, it is outstanding. The best thing about the hotel is the staff - professional, attentive and service-oriented.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank GrittyMan
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Over the years the Palliser has been a safe haven of rest and relaxation for me, with quiet elegance and excellent service. The rooms have always been lovely and comfortable, and any needs have been quickly and expertly handled. Even when I lived in Calgary, this was a favorite retreat. As a result, I took a friend who lives in the area, and has never been to the Palliser for a weekend getaway. Our room was the tiniest I have ever seen, the bathroom had stains that had been missed in the cleaning, and the carpet and ulphostery were worn and stained. The room was almost all white (boring) and there was no evidence of its former elegance. All in all, very disappointing.
I have just returned from a weekend at the hotel across the street, and it has taken over in charm, appearance, service and appeal. I am saddened to lose my relationship with the Palliser, but treats are hard earned and need to be all they can be. Goodby dear friend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank maidmarian099
GMPalliser, Director of Operations at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2010

maidmarian099,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with meaningful feedback regarding your recent stay at The Fairmont Palliser. It is with deep regret that we did not live up to your expectations and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. It is with great pleasure and delight that we have completed the first phase of our exciting renovations plan. During which, we completely renovated 127 guest rooms on floors 4, 5 and 6 and added two new guestroom categories to our portfolio. With this in mind, we sincerely hope to welcome you back to The Fairmont Palliser, in hopes of restoring your confidence in us.

Frédéric Paré
Director of Operations

Reviewed 21 December 2010

Difficult to park at the hotel and they were already double parked for luggage drop off, so we chose to self-park ($25 vs. $35+tips for valet), which was somewhat difficult. Park on the hotel side of the parking garage, then enter all the way into the building to go to the 3rd floor, which will take you to the Mezzanie level of the hotel. We were upgraded on arrival to a Deluxe Room (from Standard) due to being a member of President's Club (it's free, sign up at their site) and having an upgrade coupon for a suite (which they didn't have available, although they didn't take my coupon, either). Deluxe room is about double the size of the standard room and had just been refurbished. Great location within a block of Calgary Tower and multiple eating options.

If you are not yet a member of Fairmont President's Club, join before you go. You will get coupons and free Internet.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Jonvilliers
GMPalliser, Director of Sales and Marketing at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2010

Jonvilliers,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at The Fairmont Palliser. As a valued FPC guest, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to your comments. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to experience a newly renovated guest room and we are happy to hear that you were so pleased with our location. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Palliser in the near future.

Best Regards,

David Woodward
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 20 December 2010

I cannot tell you how amazing the staff here is!!! THe newly upgraded rooms are tasteful with a subtle luxury. We are frequent guests-- reaching top status through stays at this hotel alone-- and our daughter considers herself the "Palliser Princess". From the valet desk to the restaurants, we received outstanding service. While I kindof understand this from long-time staff who recognize us, this level of service was consistent even from those new to us. A special thanks to Jeanette Sacks who worked magic and made this stay particularly memorable.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank CanadaFamily
GMPalliser, Communications Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2010

CanadaFamily,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at The Fairmont Palliser. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and we are delighted that you and your family were so well taken care of. Our colleagues take great pride in going above and beyond for our guests and we are glad that they were able to provide you with such a memorable experience. We have passed on your kind comments to Jeanette Sacks, who was very happy to have made your experience more memorable. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Kind Regards,

Jessica Reynolds
Communications Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2010

We just returned from a one night stay at the Palliser. We live in Calgary, but I wanted to make my husband's birthday special with an overnight visit to the Fairmont.
To begin, all the staff that we encountered was pleasant and courteous. But, when we arrived our room was not ready. When we did finally gain entrance to our room we were pleasantly surprised by the space. The suite was huge! Very nice! Yet, the bathroom was ridiculously small. And, the lounge chair was not only stained but also the stuffing was popping out of the seams. Not Fairmont style, I think. Further, there were numerous stains in the carpet.
As it is holiday season, we viewed many people in the lobby who were at the hotel for a party. This is fine. But, we listened to the bass from a party held below our room until 1 am. NOT pleasant. I would have rather had been at home--it would have been more restful. I called the front desk--they apologized and offered earplugs. I was also not able to sleep due to NUMEROUS car alarms being set off during the evening. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have not encountered these problems. Perhaps staying on the 3rd floor was not good. We should have asked for a higher floor.
We had the early buffet breakfast at the Rimrock. While most of the food was good, much of it was gone! No much was being replaced. So, we were left to eat the morning leftovers. My scrambled eggs were cold...as was my tea. Overall, the breakfast was very underwhelming at $30 each.
Overall, I have enjoyed the Fairmont in the past and may stay there again. But, if things don't improve, we may have to look elsewhere!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CdnTravellerCalgary
GMPalliser, Director of Operations at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2010

CdnTravellerCalgary,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at The Fairmont Palliser. We greatly appreciate your kind comments concerning our colleagues and I can assure you that your concerns have been addressed with our team. We sincerely apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back, in hopes of restoring your confidence in us.

Best Regards,