“Good To Check Out If You Have the Time” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #95 of 292 things to do in Calgary
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Good To Check Out If You Have the Time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Anywhere I go, if there's a Chinatown - I'm going to go check it out and see what's going on. It's not as big as others I've been to and come to know, but it was cool to walk through and see what was in and about it.

I like that it's small and that it had merchants that had things I certainly was interested in. There was even a small bakery that I was able to get fresh made almond cookies - one of my favorite things. And yeah, I bought other pastries that I can't seem to say no to. Well worth it in my opinion. :)

I do have a liking for taking my time through each shop - so I found some pretty cool stuff that one normally wouldn't if you're someone looking for a big booming Chinatown. Therefore my day there was quite long and satisfying. I personally like to go through without judging it against another metropolitan city's version of Chinatown. They all have their own charm - you just need to be open to it.

Visited April 2014

Calgary, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Small but worth a look.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

As Chinatown's go, it is a small one. Small is not to say unworthy!
There are some great restaurants with delicious food, a nice river pathway to stroll down after a hearty meal. They built a beautiful interpretation center were they brought in from China, experienced artisans to construct the intricate details and traditional roof, The hand carved stone lions on the West side are a nice place for a photo-op, definitely worth a visit!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dana S
Christchurch, New Zealand
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Worth a quick look.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Its worth a look if you haven't got very much else to do. We walked through China Town and it took us about 20 minutes. A very small area.

North Bend, Ohio, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“ChinaTown”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

What can I say....it is a Chinatown. Lots of food places, but most seemed to be closed. A school, several churches, community center, etc. Having been to San Francisco's Chinatown, this is just a neighborhood, with some red lanterns hanging from the trees.

Visited August 2013
Hassocks, United Kingdom
447 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 383 helpful votes
“Interesting but small”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

It is small, but it still has a few good restaurants and interesting shops. Not as big as Chinatowns in other cities but worth a visit.

Visited July 2013