“Ramada is Scum-ada BEWARE!”

Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest
Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
San Francisco, California, United States
“Ramada is Scum-ada BEWARE!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

BEWARE Scam! Scam! Scam! Scary!!! I was booked in a NON SMOKING room for a business trip which was paid for by the company I work for. The place was absolutely disgusting, however did not feel it was my place to complain since It was not coming out of my pocket and not being there was non optional for me. The motel was a drug dealers haven, broken furniture,burn marks and holes on the dresser's and bedding. IT WAS UNFIT FOR A RAT! The Stench and plume of Cigaretts and Marajuana smoke was permanently in the carpets, walls, furniture in every part of that facility. After returning home I found out that the Ramada who should be officially changing the name to SCUM-ADA was charging a $250 smoking fine to my company's account for being "heavily smoked in"! I've contacted Ramada headquarters and demanding a FULL REFUND! Hopefully I havent contracted a disease from the holy terror 4 night stay I was stuck in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Esmee D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Is the worst place that I’ve seen and it’s so disappointing that we paid almost the same that if we would stay in downtown. The hotel I usually stay was totally booked and also all the other hotels close downtown, the only option was this one and since the price was two hundred per night I thought it was going to be ok; but so disappointing and made me had a bad time with service too. It shouldn’t be called hotel since is a cheap street motel; since arriving the service was so bad, the reception is old smelly and dirty. Then the rooms, unbelievable how bad they are, it was so disgusting the carpet was all dirty with white stains, the paper in the walls is coming off and they are very dirty, stains, mold.. I complaint to reception and they said that there was anything else available and that was the price paid for! I guess all the other rooms since the condition of the building is deplorable would be the same and since I was leaving at 4am didn’t waste more energy discussing with terrible management.
The sheets were clean or at least that’s what I hope.
Smell is horrible in the rooms and corridor. Ah last but not worst thing, the sound.. I could hear all the time the guy snoring in the other room it was so creepy
I felt so insecure. Glad I left at 3am!

Room Tip: do not stay here is expensive and not worthy a penny
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank kenys
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here overnight while moving two of our sons to Alberta. The guy at the front desk was extremely rude and unhelpful - he rented us a room in another building and didn't even bother to tell us that. The room itself had a ripped up carpet, a moldy bathroom and most lamps and the alarm clock didn't work. We were in an adjoining room and at 2 am the party in the next room started, which resulted in much banging of doors and shouting by management. Finally settled down, only to start up again half an hour later. Settled down again and then a drunk banged on our door at about 4 in the morning. We had 4 adults and 2 towels, and the front desk guy told us he was too busy to get us more towels. We had to drive a moving truck on about 2 hours sleep. Worst. Ever.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Ever.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Michelle M
Beijing, China
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The hotel is pretty usual, with a small pool facility to splash around in, and standard rooms. But the staff, especially Tariq, was excellent. We (my boyfriend and I) arrived early morning from the bus station got there about 11am and asked if we could leave our bags and check in later, but there was a room already ready so he just let us check in early. When we checked out he also let us keep our bags at the hotel for the afternoon so we didn't have to drag them around all day. He really made our stay a good experience!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Rossland, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Unbelievably decrepit, dirty place!
We had to get clean sheets from front desk and make beds ourselves!
Stink in bathroom choking!
$40 off because cleaners never cleaned as they were too busy.
$100 stay in worst dive we have ever been in.

Room Tip: forget all Ramadas (second bad time out of two this year) and they don't seem to care
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Gabriella P
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Got a 'discount' on Expedia, from $150 - $130. I've seen nicer rooms in a homeless shelter. This place is a disgusting dive with wallpaper falling off, curtains falling down, dirty furniture from the 90's, dandruffy carpet, mystery hairs and stains on all surfaces. It didnt seem like it had been properly cleaned in years. The highlight however was a moldy hole in the bathroom (which smelled of black mold) with flies crawling out. Overall terrible experience , but looked like a good place to do meth (if you're into that sort of thing).

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Libby2002
Edmonton
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is a worst hotel ever in my life.. Don't go on this hotel manager is so rude.. We arrive on this hotel after 3 we assume all is good but when we came in this hotel were trying to take some rest but someone knocking on the door and guess what??? she just starting vacumming our room.. no towels. But we don't mind this because this is the worst part when were doing check out I spoke to the MAnager NAME TAREK and I said very nicely I'm an employee of this company and we have a discount and the hotel and he said " we don't care if your and employee or not out price is still same" what was the since of our benefits if this kind of manager is on that duty was so rude.. so bad... I'l tell this to everyone that don't ever go in this hotel... WORST WORST WORST EVER..144 $ for A night in this hotel wasn't worth enough.......

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple