“overall a nice hotel, would recommend and would stay again...”

Super 8 Calgary Shawnessy Area
Ranked #72 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Calgary
Reviewed 22 April 2014

During this stay at the Super 8 Shawnessey, my family decided to go swimming. We enjoyed the water slide in the pool . After our swim we decided to use the hot tub. The smell of chlorine in the hot tub was overwhelming. After five minutes we exited the hot tub. At this point we noticed our youngest daughters swimsuit had changed color from navy blue to a faded brown. Upon checkout the hotel staff informed me that someone was supposed to tell guests not to use the hot tub upon check in. There were no signs posted at the hot tub and we were not informed of this upon check in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I booked my room for my son's wedding months in advance at this hotel and when I car to check in they said I had booked at a different super 8 that was across the city. the wedding venue was 5 minutes away from this hotel why would i do that? they did give a room and although the too was clean it hd clearly been a smoking room in the past and reeked of smoke. the pool was really small and not meant for adults to use which was one of the reasons I booked here was for the pool. the "hot" breakfast was really bad the eggs were fake and tasted horrible. the staff were friendly for the most part but i will never stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay at this excellent hotel, the rooms were very clean, the breakfast was also very good, most of the staff very accommodating, thank you to the breakfast girl on sunday, she was very nice not rushing us out of the breakfast room, even though we stayed a few minutes past the time, which I am afraid cant be said for the lady on monday, but this hotel I would recommend, great for anyone familys or couples, or just your basic traveler, five stars to the manager and your staff !!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Monica S, General Manager at Super 8 Calgary Shawnessy Area, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for the perfect score, the team was happy to see you had a good stay
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My daughter and I went on April 4,2014 down to the continental breakfast which the eggs,sausage ,plates,and small spoons for yogurt were all empty when asking the young lady if there was more eggs and saus coming out ,she literally through the bag in her hand down and said the F word loud enough that I and my daughter heard her,as well when asking for plates...I literally thought she was going to hit someone,as well that being said another lady beside me asked for something...and it was like she had asked for something impossible..she was very unhappy,aggressive,adn made it very uncomfortable....the time in which we were there was approx. 9:40 AM...I will not be returning to this super *,dance comp or not..we will stay elsewhere where we have stayed before and always welcomed....sorry for to interrupt that youbg ladies day..:(

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Monica S, General Manager at Super 8 Calgary Shawnessy Area, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is unfortunate that during your stay that we were never made aware of any of the concerns expressed here at the property. At Super 8 Shawnessy , we pride ourselves on great customer service WE are truly sorry that this is the experience that you had during the stay which is definitely not our normal.

hank you again and please feel free to contact the property directly