Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #99 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I was travelling with a group of friends. Half of us got there in the morning and the other half got there in the afternoon, yet they still came to pick us up at the airport seperately- which was very nice. The girl who came and picked us up, was lovely, bubbly and helpful. When we got to our rooms, they had alloacted a room for only 2 while we had booked one for 4. So we just went back down to reception and they changed it within minutes. There isn't much to do in Calgary, we only stayed here because we wanted to set off to the Rocky Mountains early in the morning. A short walk from the hotel (across the main road) we ate at a restaurant (not Hooters!! which was also close by...) and the food there was great!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diving_Ace
gmcalgary, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Hello Traveler,

I would like to thank you for providing us with important feedback so we can continue to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction.

Calgary Travelodge Airport
Management

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We were visiting Calgary for the wknd and a family member ended up in the hospital for a few days. We couldn't afford our rental car so we gave it up and stayed at the Travelodge. The staff was very friendly and sympathetic of our situation. PLC Hospital offers an $85/night rate for family members of patients and the hotel shuttled me to and from the hospital when I needed. They also drove us to the airport when we were ready. Restaurant is expensive but there are many fast food places within walking distance and the mall is also less than 10 minutes walk away. The room had air condition, a flat screen and was always clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GuestZS
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Fifth time here, nothing extravagant. Great for budget travel, clean basic friendly service. Wouldnt recommend for a romantic getaway or honeymoon, but it's ok for short term business, passing through. We like the free airport shuttle service. Pass on the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank LovingSanDiegoCA
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here for one night at the end of our Canadian Rockies vacation because we had to catch an early morning flight from Calgary airport. This location and price are good if you want to be near the airport. The room was basic. The door was very thin and we heard everyone passing in the corridor including someone who had to get a up for very early morning flight and woke us up at 4.30 in the morning talking in the corridor and banging his suitcase into the wall. Probably not his fault as the corridor was also very narrow. The room was small but reasonable for this sort of hotel. If you can, don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank golouis99
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Reviews that I had read, noted it was clean but tired - all true. However, reviews and hotel website mentioned payment for parking, which was not the case in my experience and I stayed for 5 days. I was prepared for a very basic, worn out hotel and it wasn't. It was not new but quite pleasant. I would definitely use it again for both business & pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank KootenayKathy
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I booked through Hotwire and this is the first time that I've been disappointed. We had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle, then it took another 20 minutes to get to the hotel. Room was very small and all we were offered was a queen size bed, although I was traveling with my son. Room was very tired looking (i.e. 1960s decor) and bed wasn't very comfortable. I had to call the front desk 3 times and each time they put me on hold. First call was because the air conditioning wasn't working; there was a switch by the bed, but nothing near the AC to suggest that you had to flip that switch. Once I'd flipped the switch on the wall, the fan on the AC came on, but the compressor did not, and no cold air came from the unit. Thank goodness it wasn't a particularly hot night.

The second and third calls to the front desk were to get the password for their wireless access; the staff neglected to give it to me when we checked in, and then gave me the wrong password the first time I called. As for phone calls, the binder in the room with hotel information states "Surcharges may be applicable to local, credit card and collect calls". What the #$@! does that mean?

Don't expect a flat screen TV at this hotel, or even drinking glasses in the bathroom. There was no express check-out (i.e. receipt under the door), like at every other hotel I've stayed at in the last ten years. In the morning, the shuttle bus driver left the van idling for 10 minutes for no apparent reason, then detoured 10 minutes out of the way to drop off an employee, before proceeding to the airport terminal.

I've stayed at a lot of the Calgary airport hotels, and this was by far the worst! But at $120 through Hotwire, it wasn't even especially cheap. When pre-paying through Hotwire, I expect to get a reasonable deal, but this was a sub-standard hotel at not much less than other decent hotels nearby. Before posting the above, I sent a draft of this message to the Assistant General Manager of the hotel, but didn't even receive an acknowledgement. Definitely not recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank HFCM
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The shuttle took half an hour to get to the airport, 15 minutes into the trip they turned around and went back to pick up another call, so it took over an hour from the time we called to actually get to the hotel. The room smelled like urine, the carpets were stained, not a very comfortable bed and only one pillow each. Spend an extra 30 dollars and stay at the Best Western or somewhere better.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DebStorey
Travellers also viewed these Calgary hotels
Ramada Plaza Calgary Airport Hotel and Conference Centre
Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre
Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport
Sandman Hotel Calgary Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Calgary Airport

Been to Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South? Share your experiences!