Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #100 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Regina Sask
“What a scam”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

So we had a layover , the problem was the shuttle service. We picked this hotel for transportation too and from the airport. When we finally checked in it was after midnight , when we tried to book the return shuttle trip the desk clerk said it was full only 9 spots for 5 am trip.
So we either had to take a $30 cab ride that they refused to pay for. or get the 4 am shuttle. Not impressed. it is about a 20 min ride but they refuse to run the shuttle except on the top of the hour. i will be contacting a few people on this and have my taxi voucher ..

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank g0lfnutts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Don't expect much.
The rooms are very small.
The hotels hallways and elevator were flithy.
The lobby staff were more interested in the women in short skirts than helping us.
It was quiet.
The restuarant/lounge was not much of a place you would want to hang out.
For and extra room charge we were able to leave our vehicle there and they shuttled us to and from the airport. They driver was very nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bardux
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The room is small and very hot with uncontrolled thermostate the website indicates fridges in the room but at the front desk they ask to pay additional $17.00 per nite for a room with fridge.so the room i got was with out fridge.the front entrance is a 3 star the room is 1 starthe bed are very unconfortable.OVERPRICED JUNK.
Be aware no refund if you booking on line and pay for it.
I got a memo for Feb-17 water will be shot down for maintenance from9.30 am until 4.30pm.

THERE IS MORE SO PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS OVERNITE DORMITORY.

Room Tip: use hotwire.com they have a quality rating system and offer better deal.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ETTORE154913
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My husband stayed with this hotel January 17th. 2012. His flight came in and there was no shuttle to be found. I called the hotel and asked them to send a shuttle. They sent one, around 30 minutes later. (which would be acceptable if the airport was more then three minutes from the hotel) He got to the room (which was dirty) and the beds were not changed. He knew this because he found someones SOCK in the sheets. Needless to say he slept on top of the sheets. Gross! I just found out this morning, that his credit card was charged for more then the room. There is a 106.00 charge that just came up on his credit card.. a week later.... I phoned them to ask why (he is not a smoker, did nothing to the room to be charged a fee for). I called the first time and the front desk hung up on me. I called back, and she transferred me to a voicemail. (after I explained to her that I did not want to talk to someone tomorrow.. i wanted to talk to someone today...) I called back for a third time, to which she told me she could not find his reservation and has no evidence of him ever staying there. You would think a hotel would be a bit more careful with someones paperwork... that has all of his credit card information on it and could at this point be floating around just about anywhere. Finally, i had to leave a message, as she would not help me... aparently the situation is not important to her (although I bet if it was her credit card she would feel otherwise).. I would never stay at this hotel again. First of all, the rate wasn't great, we have stayed in a lot nicer hotels for a lot less.. ones that actually change the bedding.. Secondly. I still have no idea why he was charged a hundred dollars on another credit card for.. and AND they cant even tell me what the charge was for because they have no paperwork saying that he was ever there. Aparently, it has gotten "lost".... Perhaps it is with my patience somewhere... UGH!!!!

Room Tip: In Another Hotel!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank AmandaB1234
Banff, Alberta
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed one nignt on the six floor in a queen size bedroom. Quiet room but very small. Would not recommend for someone with large suitcases, especially if some repacking needs to get done before your flight. Room was clean and staff at front desk very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank MPR1967
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I thought Travelodge was a cut above this . Obviously when they get older the beds are changed last. The room looked nice but I would stay at a Motel 6 next time. At least I won't be sursprized. Every Motel 6 I've stayed at had a better bed and felt cleaner than this Travelodge.
The $50.00 preauthorized CC still bothers me and they don't tell you that when you book on Hotwire. It makes me wonder is Hotwire rating system needs adjustment.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randy L
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We arrived at 2am after our flight to Calgary was delayed and a 30 minute wait for the shuttle to arrive and pick us up. When arrived at the hotel we were advised that only smoking rooms were available although we had booked a non-smoking room. We were exhausted and our kids needed to get to bed so we took the room (really, what choice did we have at this point?). For the trouble we were offered 4 vouchers for a free breakfast. Upon arrival in the room (after a long walk in a dirty, smelly hallway) we found our room. The television didn't work, the air conditioner made some God awful sound so we had to leave it off, there were holes in the walls and bathroom door that had been patched (very poorly I might add) and (as we discovered in the morning) the toilet was dirty and the bathroom walls appeared to have urine streaked all over. Needless to say we wasted no time getting out of there. We returned the breakfast vouchers because we could not imagine what state the restaurant may be in after seeing what our room was like.

I have lodged a complaint with their customer care department because my complaint at the hotel was virtually dismissed.

I have stayed at Travelodge's before and never have I had an experience such as this. I rarely make complaints such as this but I was so disgusted by the state of our room that I could not remain quiet.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jennifer r
gmcalgary, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Hello Traveler,

Thanks to your feedback, I was able to inspect to room you stayed in with our Maintenance Manager and the head Housekeeping Manager.

One think that we are doing is a program called PM (preventive maintenance) to all of our rooms, unfortunately the room you stayed in as has not been renovated yet and since it is a smoking room it will have a bad smell for non smokers, also the urine stain you have complained is not urine, it was a glue stain.

I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your non- smoking request.

What I would like to share with you and the readers is that in 2011 we have done constant renovations to the building and rooms. Our front entrance is completely redone.
We have completely renovated our swimming pool, we have new elevators shaft. We have changed the carpet on three floors and the lightening as well. Most of our rooms have new flat screen TVs and within next 20 days all rooms will have the flat screen TVs, also our main function room has been upgraded.

Again, I thank you for your feedback