“Decent for the price, reliable internet”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #98 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Houston, Texas, USA
“Decent for the price, reliable internet”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

What I like best about this hotel is that its internet is quite reliable. Not too fast, but I got ~2 Mbps up/down links even at peak evening hours. It's much better than many of the pricier hotels in the area. Nothing fancy about the rooms, and certainly not the cleanest, but still a good deal for the money.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank tanz99
, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback and for enjoying our wireless connection, also I am existed to share with you soon we will have fiber optic connection which will increase our speed even more.
In regards of the housekeeping issue, I will share you comment with the head department

Again, I thank you for your feedback and we look forward to another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night, we took the park and fly option, with that, you stay one night, but can leave your vehicle there for up to 2 weeks at no extra cost. The rooms were decent, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shats3
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Traveler,

I am pleased that you had a very positive overall experience I will share your comment with the team at the Travelodge Calgary Airport

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed here for one night before going to the airport. We took the airport shuttle in the morning. The rooms are very old and outdated, very unclean, and they smell awful! Stained carpet all over the place - totally overpriced for such poor quality rooms. I know there are other options close by so we will never go there again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank roxythegoddess
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed on two separate occasions and did not have the problems others had. I am a non smoker but did not smell smoke in either room, although walking along the corridor to the ice machine it was obvious. Both the rooms were clean and comfortable and I had a good night's sleep on both occasions. Front desk staff were friendly but one gave me the wrong bus number to catch and she didn't know the times of the buses to Rundle Station. (They leave at approx on the hour and half hour and it is a # 32). I travelled on the free shuttle twice from the airport with no problem and once back to the airport, again with no problem. For those who do not want to take a taxi, when the shuttle is full, public transport is available - take the # 32 to Rundle Station, then trian to the end of the line and #100 bus to the airport. Although the hotel is about a 20 minute drive from the airport, it is in an area where there are several other "airport" hotels. It is close to several fast food restaurants and also a shopping centre.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank judithO
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I stayed here one night and thankfully it was only for one night. I asked for a non smoking room and they gave me the 4th floor which is supposedly all non-smoking. as soon as we got off the elevator all we could smell through the hallways was cigarette smoke. We had to open the window in the bedroom because the smell was imbedded into the furniture. The room was extremely small and very dated. We spent most of the day touring downtown Calgary and caught a movie just so we wouldn't have to sit in our room. when we returned we sat in the lobby and read our books just to avoid being in our room. The only good thing about the hotel was the lobby was comfortable, the hotel offered free shuttle to the airport and free internet for printing boarding passes. Other than that, unless you are a smoker, don't stay here if you want a smoke free sleep.

Room Tip: don't bother staying here unless you don't mind tiny rooms and the smell of smoke. Lots of...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lcormier5

Dear Traveler,

We apologize for any inconveniences caused by smoke smell in the hallways and in the room. We are currently assessing solutions to help minimize the odor you mentioned, related to smoking. 75% of the hotel is smoke free. We take your comments seriously, and hope to find a viable solution. To prevent any inconvenience to our non smoker we have installed air freshener in all the floors.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed here for one night in April 2012 as I had flown in late and was leaving early the next morning. The ONLY good thing I can say about this hotel was the front desk staff. They were friendly and helpful.

I was given a ground floor room at the back of the hotel, which was unfortunate as that was where alot of big rigs were parked so I was woken up at 6am and kept awake because the driver (s) started them up and let them run in during the cold morning. A number of the other guests in that section were alos quite noisy. There was also an ant problem in the room..ick. I killed at least 6-7 that were crawling all over the bedside table. I booked this hotel for a quick overnight but I wouldn't recommend it or stay again as the price (even with a Hotels.com online deal) was MORE expensive than a nice hotel in Banff.

Room Tip: Be wary of rooms on the ground floor and at the back of the hotel as the big trucks park back there...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank torontogirl2011
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Hello Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback, as it helps us to improve our guest service and satisfaction.

Please accept my sincere apologies in regards to the inconveniences you faced during your stay with us. I will be sure to have our maintenance department inspect the room you stayed in, and we will have all deficiencies taken care of right away.

We are currently in the process of refreshing our entire hotel. I would like to invite you to give us a try again in the future, as I am confident that you will be more than satisfied with your stay.

I am glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our front desk staff, and I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

Travelodge Calgary Airport
Calgary
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I waited over an hour in the cold for the shuttle from the airport (I was told 30 minutes when I called for it).

The staff at the front desk were pleasant, however the hotel is far from the airport and while there are amenities near by it doesn't make up for the bare bones room (you must combine the two pillows to make one normal one and the bed sheet is so thin you'd better crank the heat). My room wasn't clean. I found a cup on the floor behind the door.

The next morning I got a call 15 minutes before my scheduled shuttle time asking me if I was on my way because the driver had to go and if I wasn't ready it would be an hour until the next shuttle.

Again, pleasant staff but that's really it.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Donald R
Hello Traveler,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback, as it helps us to improve our guest service and satisfaction.

Unfortunately due to the closure of Barlow Trail, we now have to take a different route to the airport. During peak traffic times, the shuttle can take much long than expected to arrive at the airport. Thankfully the city is anticipating that our usual route will be reopened in May of 2014.

We are currently in the process of refreshing our entire hotel, and I am confident that the issues you have mentioned will be a thing of the past. I will be sure to share your comments with our department heads and we will correct any deficiencies mentioned.

Travelodge Calgary Airport