Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
US$181
US$173
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$112
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$114
US$162
US$142
Travelocity
US$508
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights during a funeral trip beginning on June 14, 2012. My reasons for choosing it were 3: free airport shuttle; free internet; lowest price with these 2 options included. I was expecting something really bad, but was pleasantly surprised. I arrived at the airport around 11 PM and called for the shuttle. I was told it just left the airport and would be back in 25 minutes. 25 minutes later, it was there. Check in was simple. Room was a bit tired but way better than the complaints listed here. I wondered what they were expecting for the price paid. The staff was really helpful. They even encouraged me to chop a day off my car rental by taking the shuttle to/from the hotel the first night. I did that and saved $50, almost the price of the room. TV was flat screen with good channels. Internet was relatively fast. (Many free internet services are so slow that you wish you HAD paid.) I had breakfast in the dining room 2 days. Tasty and quick.

My room was clean upon arrival and nicely cleaned each day. Some folks commented on dirty linens, carpets, and bedspreads. As I said above, they were ready to be replaced, but definitely clean. If I found an un-cleaned room when I entered, I also would have asked for another. But mine was fine. The pool looked fine to me also.

As is common in this type of property, the staff were mostly eastern European, so there was a bit of language difficulty. But the staff were very attentive and helpful for finding late-night food in the area.

Maybe I was just luckier than the others.

I locked my key in the room and had it replaced with no fuss or bother.

Room Tip: Ask for a "handicapped" room. Mine was on the first floor and seemed easier for the bathroom because of the grips, etc.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank HistoryandSafety
Reviewed 20 June 2012

i arrived at the airport in Calgary, called for the shuttle,was told it would be there in 10 minutes..waited over an hour for it to arrive. Finally arrived at the hotel, wanted to store my golf clubs..desk agent said" he had storage but was too busy to assist me"...toke the elevator to my floor..was sure i was going to make it it...as it was lound and banging. Got to my floor...hallway carpet was torn and stained in several area....got to my room and was discusted...bed spreads were stained, which I immediatly removed..only to find out the sheets were just as bad...i woke up the next morning to shower and..not to my surprise...I was standing in 2" off filthy water as the drain was plugged.....not quite sure how a hotel can go to this state...especially flying the Travelodge flag...i would not send my worst enemies to stay in a place like thisa EVER!!

Room Tip: dont ever book into this location...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wanker12
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Never again!! We have stayed in many hotels in 3rd world countries as we do a lot of travelling and never have we experienced a dive such as this. We were totally disgusted and would never reccomend this hotel to anyone. It was dirty and dated the airconditioner didn't work, they said as soon as they updated their tv's they were going to start with the airconditioners.The carpets in the hotel were filthy and stained through out the hotel. The indoor pool looked as if it had never been cleaned. Dirty bedspreads and the white towells looked like they hadn't ever seen bleach. Worst hotel we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Meeko123BC
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Very well located, nice staff - small but very clean room. Would stay there again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Traveler

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review

Reviewed 5 June 2012

What I like best about this hotel is that its internet is quite reliable. Not too fast, but I got ~2 Mbps up/down links even at peak evening hours. It's much better than many of the pricier hotels in the area. Nothing fancy about the rooms, and certainly not the cleanest, but still a good deal for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank tanz99
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your feedback and for enjoying our wireless connection, also I am existed to share with you soon we will have fiber optic connection which will increase our speed even more.
In regards of the housekeeping issue, I will share you comment with the head department

Again, I thank you for your feedback and we look forward to another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Hotel Management