Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #99 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 10 August 2014

rooms are spacious, comfortable beds, good basic amenities, friendly staff and one can notice a clean room, what else you can expect in this budget category of hotel, the only problem is wifi which is almost no signal in the room...otherwise a decent stay!!!

Room Tip: get ur own internet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Hotel is an average 2 star at best. We stayed on the long weekend and they were booked solid. We booked online and paid $75 a night taxes in. The pool was heated very warm, the rooms were equipped with a comfy bed, flat screen tv and newer carpet. The hotel staff were great they gave us cots at no cost to help accommodate our large group. This hotel is perfect for anyone looking to grab a cheap room near the airport.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveller12234
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We checked in Aug 5th to depart Aug 6th, when we got here we were surprised to see the pool was closed, even though I had called to see if it was open and they said yes, everything smelled like smoke and incense and the room was filthy. Also, NOT A SINGLE working pop machine in the entire building!! The book in room and website says there are 3 vending and 3 soda machines but none work. When I asked guest services, they said: Im not sure, but did nothing about it. And this location is the only travelodge in the city that doesnt have continental breakfast. And no working wifi, ive tried on 2 different phones to connect. So thank you Travelodge, I have no Wifi, soda machines or swimming pool.

2  Thank alyssa_rae0914
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Customer service was non existent. Asked for a room close to other members of my group. Was told we could only do this on the day of visit. 1st time that has ever happened to me in any of my hotel stays. While waiting for friends to check in, other customers were complaining of dirty showers, bedding in their rooms that they just checked into. Plumbing is questionable. The toilet flush wasn't working properly. The toilet was mounted to the floor properly. It sits at an odd angle to the bathroom. I thought it was just our room; but all 3 families in our group have the same set up. Pictures on the hotel website show what the hotel may have looked like 15-20 years ago. The condition has only gone downhill. Maintenance and upkeep are sub par at best. Carpets are stained in the hallways and rooms. Paint is peeling off the walls. Hallways on the second floor (where ice and vending machine are located) smell of body odor and cigarette smoke. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to even my worst enemy. Travelodge is a large company that has been tainted by the representation of this particular establishment

3  Thank Clarence1971
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Bathroom reeked like piss. Won't book rooms close together or guarantee microwave or fridge ahead if time. Not at all like pictures. Bunch of guys hanging out front drinking beer and playing poker. You had to walk thru them to get in. Pool closed. Reeked like smoke. Hair dryer broken. Vending machine empty and gives your money back in nickels...I could go on

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The conditions are NOTHING like what you see on the website. Our room 532 smelled of cat urine, and the bathroom smelled musty and dirty like the pipes have been clogged and just left. When we first arrived we noticed that two of our 3 lamps did not work, as well as our air conditioning. The curtains were tainted, worn, and partly hanging off the ceiling. There were two large holes in the wall next to the bed where some sort of fixture might have been? Stains all over the carpet.. The worst thing about this room was the bathroom, yellow shower, was very off putting and the smell was horrible.
I will never ever EVER book a travelodge hotel again and I hope that as a hotel chain they update their units or at least warn travellers that some of their locations have not been up kept/updated in a very long time.

1  Thank Ensos
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had to come to Calgary as my Husband had to undergo a colonoscopy at the Peter Loughheed Hospital. We chose the Travelodge hotel because it is within close proximity to the Hospital.My Husband had to take a bowel cleaning medicine and started it at 7:00 pm well wouldn't you know it, There was about 10 squares of Toilet paper on the roll.......I called down to the desk and told them there was NO toilet paper and she said "come down to the desk at get some" I asked her if there wasn't someone who could bring it up and she just said "no". Now what would of happened if he was here by himself would they expect him to go down and pick it up.... NOT!
Anyways I went down, The lobby full of people and had to ask for a roll of God Dam...d toilet paper! After waiting upwards of 10 mins I finally got the GD toilet paper. Customer Service is something that does not exist here !! We won't come here again!

Room Tip: Don"t Book Here! If you want to be treated properly.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nthpy
Travellers also viewed these Calgary hotels
Ramada Plaza Calgary Airport Hotel and Conference Centre
Days Inn - Calgary Airport
Days Inn - Calgary Airport
#42 of 110 in Calgary
Clarion by Choice Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South? Share your experiences!