“Decent Room - Bad Service”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Decent Room - Bad Service”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I orignally booked this hotel online a week before New Years as it was in close proximity to our New Years Eve Event. By the day before, I noticed that I had never received a confirmation via email so I called to double check my reservation. The lady said they had no record of my reservation which left me in a bit of a scramble seeing as it was a day before NYE. I went back online and rebooked as there was luckily space still available. I received my confirmation this time and all seemed well. Upon check-in, the front desk lady informed me that I had two rooms booked. I explained the situation and at first she seemed like she was going to charge me anyway. I was under the impression the misunderstanding was conveyed and off we went. The room was small but clean - you get what you pay for and for us we just needed a warm place to sleep. A few days later, I see I had been charged for both rooms. I was so frustrated as this had just been a major pain in the butt and now I had been double charged due to their mistakes. I called to request a refund on one room and am still waiting on the refund to go into my account a week later. If it wasn't for this mix-up, I would have rated it ok, but due to this inconvenience, I'm not impressed at all.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank liltravelbugns
CalgaryManagement, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Hello Traveler,

Firstly, let me sincerely apologize for the billing error you encountered upon your departure to the hotel. We are truly regretful that your stay with us was slightly tainted due to this error and I can surely understand your frustration in the matter. i have spoken to my front desk team and voiced your concerns to them to ensure billing errors such as yours will be made a thing of the past.

I thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention and hope despite this confusion your faith in our property will be restored on a future visit.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you are still uneasy regarding our billing.

Thank you for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 9 December 2012

i stayed for 4 nights at the hotel for business and was so pleased with everything. the room needed work done but for the price, the breakfast was very good the front desk was very good service checking in and out. i only had one problem with the hotel and that was the room was a little small but other than that. very happy

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve C
Hello Traveler,

It is very rewarding for the team here at the Travelodge Macleod Trail to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and you felt well looked after and enjoyed the personal touches shown to you throughout your business stay.

We truly appreciate the fact that you took the time to leave a review of our hotel and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This hotel is too expensive for the facilities and room that it offers. We stayed here Nov 21-23, 2012 and the room was disgusting. We had double beds and paid $120 per room per night. One of the beds have blood stains in it (gross!!!!) and the bedspread had food stains and holes and cuts. I had to call housekeeping at 6PM but i was told that housekeeping was only up to 5PM and that I should wait till the next day so me and my friend had to squeeze ourselves in one bed because nobody would want to sleep on a bed with blood stains!!! The water gets cold then hot then cold again which is not good for a winter weather. The bathtub is old and yellowish.

This hotel is not worth your money. It sucks!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Beezybeez

Travellers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Major stain on carpet...wondered if it was blood. Burn holes in bedspread. Rented 2 rooms and both were not up to standard. Paid over $110 for one room and $150 for the other. Hottub was lukewarm at best. Gross. I left something important behind...called back to see if they found it...was told at first it was not there. Was then called back and told it would be shipped to me by the end of the week. Checked back with them repeatedly (a few phone calls not returned) and was told it would be next week. I needed my things the same week which I told them at the time but later was told I apparently said nothing of this deadline. I know for a fact I did mention deadline for needing my things back. Just not impressed with this place. Especially for what I paid for it. This was a total disapointment as I have stayed at the Travelodge in Victoria and other places and always had a fantastic experience. Not here.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first before you complete your reservation. It seems you cant even trust chains to...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dancingqueen1239
Metro-Manila
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This is a cheap hotel but not value for money. The rooms are not clean and moldy. I guess a proper refurbishment was a dream long forgotten. Yucky toilets. The continental breakfast place are converted rooms and it looks it. They use the most flimsy party plates and table ware available in the market. The food is basic fare. Hard boiled eggs forever! The counter people were not bad but not star performers.

The worst thing was that a person who was staying the hotel was arrested by the police. It had the drama of a major police action. 7 police cars stopped askew in front of the hotel. The police walked out with the person in handcuffs!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Elfilibusterismo
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We probably won't be returning to this hotel, the front desk staff left a lot to be desired with their customer service, or lack of. We were put in a room with no heat and the best customer service we received while there was from the maintenance guy who came to check on the heat then moved us to another room.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scja8
CalgaryManagement, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Hello Traveler

We value all feedback from our guests and endeavor to address any shortfalls in order to constantly improve the overall level of service and quality through out the hotel.

I was truly disappointed to hear that front desk was unable to assist you appropriately and that is something we will ensure is not a reoccurring issue.

I do sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered with your heat. We are in the process of upgrading our central heating system, so I am confident that your concerns will be a thing of the past.

Salt Spring Island BC Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Just nasty. The desk people and staff were nice as could be, but this worn out hotel smells horrible and is pretty worn and musty. Free wifi never worked, the room was dirty. Broken phone, broken clock radio, inedible breakfast. Sorry Travelodge, complete fail.

• Stayed October 2012