“Late night stay”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Calgary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Banff National Park, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms are very dirty. I did not want my kids bathing in thier dirty tub or sleeping in the bed. There were dirty towels left in the bathroom. When we phoned to let them know they did nothing and told us there were no more towels in the hotel! We did not get new ones. I was very loud at night, people yelling in the parking lot, running through the halls. the rooms smell and there is dust on everything. This is by far the dirtiest place I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sethkendra G
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Last night I stayed in a brand new, modern hotel near the Calgary airport. What a delight! Today I was far in the south of the city so I looked for a less expensive hotel. This Travelodge popped up for $18 dollars less. I booked online without checking these reviews. Big mistake. The place is run down, filthy and staffed with surly people. There are lots of scruffy people hanging around and the sound of ancient hard rock is thumping away in the background. And all for a lousy $18 saving. Big mistake. I think I'll sleep with my clothes on tonight.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Humptydumpty154913

Travellers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The good; This was the least expensive hotel in Calgary during Stampede by far. And, despite my initial concerns, I was able to sleep through the night and wasn't woken up by unruly patrons running the hall in their underpants with bottles of rum in their hands.
The bad: Its very run down, the furniture is old, the cleanliness is questionable
The ugly: When I checked into my room, I couldn't get the door to open. Then I realized that the door frame was lose and popped out (did i say this hotel needs to be fixed up?). Probably because of this, when I got back to my room in the evening, the door wasn't even closed properly by the cleaning staff (luckily I had no valuable in the room). My coffee pot was not cleaned, and the coffee was not replaced.

Bottom line: If you are young and going out for a cheap night and don't have any expectations, i guess this hotel may fit your needs I would not recommend this place for a family or people that are looking for certain amenities.

Travelodge needs to look at their rules for keeping a hotel up to date and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Stringfellow2011
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We arrived in Calgary late at night during the week. Everything else booked . Unfortunately we ended up here. We were way overcharged for two rooms. These rooms were filthy. The beds were awful. I was really surprised that they were just double size beds. They were so uncomfortable. My pillow was rock hard and wasn't even shaped like a normal pillow. It was more triangle shaped. Sheets had cigarette burn holes. Bathtub was disgusting, drip marks down the scum where someone had poured cleaner but not bothered to actually scrub the tub. Crumbs behind the microwave and garbage behind the dresser. I spilled cough medicine on the carpet..went to bathroom to get a cloth to wipe it up but when I came back I couldn't tell which stain the cough medicine had made on the carpet. The air conditioner didn't fit properly in the hole in the wall so we could see outside the hotel from our window AND the space between the air conditioner and the wall. View of parking lot, two dumpsters and a liquor store from our window. Left my flip flops on the whole time in the room...even wore them to shower. Such a disgusting place. Not only would I not recommend this place to anyone but I will specifically warn them to stay away from this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ErinCourt
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This place is old, run down and stinks of mold, stale cigarettes and BO. The breakfast is a joke. The only thing this place has going for it is the staff were friendly and it's cheap. But you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo