“Disgusting”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
Ranked #97 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The location was the only good thing about this hotel. I was forced to stay here while my truck got repaired. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and was given a non smoking room. I was SHOCKED to find the smoking and non smoking rooms intermingled. When I went down to complain the country staff was abrupt, rude and unprofessional. When I asked to speak to the manager, she led me out to the pool! The manager and the rest of the night staff were taking a leisurely swim!?!?!?? While on duty!!!!!! No apologies were given but with no other hotel rooms available that were pet friendly at that time of day, I figured I'd suck it up and just get the night over with. Walking back to my room, I smelled pot. I walked through a hazy cloud of it. I called the front desk to complain, she said there was nothing she could do. I had to block the cracks around the door with toilet paper and towels to keep the smoke out. There was no hot water in the shower, the room was grungy and could desperately use updating. All in all DISGUSTING!

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The location was the only good thing about this hotel. I was forced to stay here while my truck got repaired. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and was given a non smoking room. I was SHOCKED to find the smoking and non smoking rooms intermingled. When I went down to complain the country staff was abrupt, rude and unprofessional. When I asked to speak to the manager, she led me out to the pool! The manager and the rest of the night staff were taking a leisurely swim!?!?!?? While on duty!!!!!! No apologies were given but with no other hotel rooms available that were pretty friendly at that time of day, I figured I'd suck it up and just get the night over with. Walking back to my room, I smelled pot. I walked through a hazy cloud of it. I called the front desk to complain, she said there was nothing she could do. I had to block the cracks around the door with toilet paper and towels to keep the smoke out. There was no hot water in the shower, the room was grungy and could desperately use updating. All in all DISGUSTING!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed there for one night. In August, it was really hot in the room and the AC was so loud I had to choose between not sleeping because of the heat or because of the noise... I picked the heat, with the little tiny window opened.
All night, people wondered the halls... even a couple dogs were barking in the middle the night right outside my door!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked 3 nights at this hotel as it was close to a friend's house. First night there, families across the hall were running about and chatting nice and loud until 2am - no response from the front desk. Breakfast was an exercise in positioning so that you could try to snag something from the employee bringing food in before it all disappeared. The breakfast room was jammed and with no food. Room was ok at best with stained sheets and pretty rough pillows - cricked neck after 3 nights.

The rates were cheap but even with that I'd never stay here again - we almost just took the loss and booked another hotel - if we'd booked any longer I'd have done that...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. We had 3 rooms the first room had stains on the sheets and no pillowcases. The room was not just dirty but filthy. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The second room was better but the towels had pubic hairs in them. The third room had a broken counter in the bathroom, the tub couldn't be used the drain plug was broken and laying in the tub. The tub was gross. Toilet was dirty. The beds didn't look like they had been changed and didn't smell fresh. I would never stay even one night in this hotel again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Cheap price but cheap room as well. rooms need update and they need deep cleaning! Furnitures are dusty, cabinet is broken! My washroom toilet had some dirt still, sink and faucet is ugly it seem you do not want to use it! I will never book my hotel in here! Never again!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you're looking for a cheap hotel to sleep in for one night, go for it. (I got stuck for 3!) The ONLY thing good about it is the front desk staff and The King's Head bar and grill next door!!! Taxi's are always less than 10 minutes. Starbucks is within walking distance but other than that, I will NOT stay here again. Not to mention I met someone at the King's Head from Calgary and even HE said it was the worst hotel in the area. Rooms seem clean... but you never know what it hiding. The halls looked dirty. Breakfast room was yuk. I couldn't even eat the stuff there. It just was not an appealing area to even think about eating.

Room Tip: Lots of noises. Bleh. Smelled damp. If you need cheap hotel... go for it. But I wouldn't pay...