Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
US$152
US$147
Hotel Arts
  • Pool
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$195
  • Restaurant
US$161
US$109
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$102
BestWestern.com
US$83
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Stayed for a weekend and was glad that was all it was. Our non smoking room smelled of smoke as did the whole floor. The windows of the room were so filthy you could hardly see a thing from them. The bed linens were questionable. Our room wasn't made up at all even though we were gone the whole day long from early morning till late evening. On a positive note the bathroom was clean although there was a leak from around the toilet so we had to keep the bath mat on the floor to soak up the extra water. I slept quite well as did my husband even though there was a bird that seemed to be living on our outside air conditioner and it made a lot of noise. The continental breakfast was supposedly not great although I didn't try it. Considering our friend and my son paid less at the Delta and the Hyatt the same weekend we were not very impressed. Would not stay there again even though the location was great. We did have two great meals; one at Tommy Burger and one at Chiantis's. Loved both of them.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank chattykathy2
CalgaryManagement, Management at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2010

Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate hearing both the negative and positive feedback so we can continue to grow and meet the needs of all our guests.

I am sorry to hear about the short-comings with your housekeeping service. I can assure that has been taken care of.

Sorry you missed having the breakfast. We have been receiving great comments about it since it's opening the end of January. A real positve move our guests have greatly enjoyed.

We do hope to see you with us again on your next visit to Calgary.

Respectfully,
Management

Reviewed 6 February 2010

My young daughter and I stayed in a double room that was clean and convenient. I loved that I could put her to bed and still be able to stay up in the next room with the door open in between us. The location of the hotel was great as well, easy to find. The staff were very accomodating and pleasant. It was a pleasant and affordable experience.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank mandysmom_8
CalgaryManagement, Management at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2010

Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the staff. It is always nice to hear the positive things the staff do to make your stay even more enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Calgary.

Reviewed 29 January 2010

The experience checking into this hotel was beyond terrible. We were told by the front desk staff that we did not have a reservation at the hotel and that our reservation must have been for another Travelodge in Calgary. We provided them with a confirmation number about 5 times that we had printed off online and they said we did not have a reservation. They told us WE needed to call the other hotels to find where our reservation was for. After doing this the staff at another Travellodge told us our reservation was at the hotel we were staying at..... after arguing and providing the same info over numerous times they finally checked us in. If it wasn't Grey Cup weekend we definitely would have just gone somewhere else. It's frustrating just thinking about it again.

The beds were too short - mind you I am 6'6
Only positive was that the room seemed clean

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank talltraveller90
CalgaryManagement, Management at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2010

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear of the problems at check in and appreciate you bringing them forward. We will be sure to include this in our next front desk staff meeting/training session. Thank you for the positive comments on housekeeping. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms here. I may also mention that since your stay, we have added a continental breakfast that is available to all guests, 7 days a week. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 23 October 2009

For less than $100.00 a night, you can't really fault this place. I've never stayed in a Travelodge before and I won't rush to return. It suited the purpose we needed it to. There is nothing special about anything. The room was clean. It was serviced daily. Wireless worked. This is the type of place you'll forget ever staying at in a year. If you're looking to 'experience' a hotel, this place is not for you. If you're looking for room and hotel amenities that make a difference, this place is not for you. If you need a cheap place to stay, are low maintenance and the location suits you, you won't go wrong here.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank sekaitraveller
CalgaryManagement, Management at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2009

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed-back. We greatly appreciate hearing from our guests, both the positive and any short-comings that may have happened. This allows us the opportunity to grow as a company and further train our staff. I do hope to be able to welcome you again on your next trip to Calgary.

Reviewed 11 August 2009

Travelodge used to have a good reputation, not anymore! We made our reservation based on location and the fitness room. We arrived and there was only one desk clerk working with four people waiting. The manager was somewhere in the back, not helping the poor young lady at all. She was about the only positive for the place.
The window in our room only opened two inches thank goodness the A/C worked in the beginning. The beds where so soft that you folded in the middle and had a hard time getting out. My back was and still is sore from that experience. The A/C started making loud enough noises about 130 am that I shut it off and went from there.
The Comedy Club, was something else. The cliental was questionable at best, this doubled as a restaurant in the morning.
Went to the fitness room first thing in the morning only to find three machines there. A treadmill that had a sign "out of order", taped on it, a bike that had no power to it and an eliptical that worked. One out of three, not bad! No weights at all, no phone in the event that one hurt oneself and it smelt old and musty.
We were charged four dollars for a bottle of water.
For what we had to pay for this painful experience was outrageous.
I have worked in the hotel industry and can honestly say this was the most disgusting stay I have ever had anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank karamelInvermere

Thank you for your comments. We always appreciate hearing both compliments and short-comings so we are able to better serve our guests.
We strive to make every stay comfortable and enjoyable. I am sorry to hear this was not the case during your visit. If any part of your stay falls short, please do let the front desk staff right away so we can rectify the issue and make you more comfortable. Thank you again for your comments.