Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Blackfoot(Calgary)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2010

My room had work done on it that was pretty obvious. Not remodeled, tho. It is an older hotel and very large. No free internet, even in the lobby. I used Priceline's name your own price and got it for $49/night + fees. It was fine for that rate but I'm not sure I'd recommend it if you are paying more than that.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank drccds
Reviewed 7 August 2010

My husband and our three children were in Calgary for a wedding, we stayed at this location becasue it was close to family and the wedding location. We arrived on Thursday evening for a four night stay, first the family suites feel as though they are underground. I walked in the hall the smell of smoke was overwhelming. As I approached our door I could smell " other things" very stong I wanted to get me and our daughters out of there. Getting in the room was a battle the keys rarely worked, we got stuck out of the building around back trying to get in one night. We had our keys changed three times. I called the front desk and told them we would not subject our girls to this smell, now I will say that we lucked out in the end, the girl woking that night was very nice and could see I was upset. One the main lobby floor they have four rooms at the very end that have been redone, it was like walking in another hotel. From that point on our stay was fine only because of the new room. We were there for four nights, one day the room didn't even get made up I don't know what is up with that, they said they were having trouble with their cleaning staff, I had to ask almost everday for five towels not three, and the coffee and cups and soap and stuff didn't get replaced at all. A side note one morning it looked as though most of the cleaning staff were" men" Our famil chalked it up as an experience. Also there was some other family that checked in on the friday they were equally as mortified with the hotel and got out of staying there one night. I would really think twice and woudl not reccomend this hotel. It wasn't cheap either. $133 a night. I hope this help people, I even thinking that Travelodge as an organization needs to look into this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank LMindel
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Take note to which Travelodge you book at on Macleod Trail, because there are 2 only a couple blocks apart from each other. I had accidently booked at one, and arrived at another to check-in. The Guest Service attendants at the front were absolutely useless when it came to helping me figure out the problem. I had to practically beg the Guest Service Representative to call the other hotel down the block to ask if I had made my arrangements there. They made me feel like I was a complete idiot and a waste of their time. I finally arrived to the correct Travelodge hotel very late in the evening, only to wait 30 minutes before someone would even respond to the door. So if you have the chance, do not waste YOUR time with their company.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Becks25
CalgaryManagement, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2010

We do have two Travelodge Hotels on Macleod Trail, and we both sometimes get guests at the hotel they didn't reserve at. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was less than you would expect. We strive to always provide friendly and helpful service to all our guests. We will review our scheduling for that evening and discuss with all staff. In this situation, the staff will call the other hotel to confirm the reservation is there, and then give directions on how to get to the other Travelodge.

Reviewed 25 July 2010

The overall experience tarnished Travelodge's reputation. I would value this hotel at $60 a night and that is being generous. Please find another hotel on the Macleod strip there are many.

Cons

• Internet photos are very generous – did not represent the condition of hotel at all
• Room was grimy – Walls, furniture, headboard, lamps, carpet, door
• Walls need new paint – faded, chipped and stained
• Bed linen worn out, stained, frayed - Need new bed linen
• One lamp was loose at the base of the light bulb and sparked when turned on
• Room 229 next to the electrical room sounded like hydrological press all night
• Furniture was very old and scratched
• Fridge was wheeled in after reminding them we needed one
• AC was falling out of the wall
• Toilet would continue to run after flushing every time (had to open up back to stop it)
• Exterior of building was old, cracked everywhere and paint was faded and peeling
• Terrible customer service upon check out

Front desk charged us $123 when we confirmed at $98 online. They did change it to $98 when challenged but gave serious attitude and tossed the invoice to us in a displeased manner.

Pros

• Didn’t charge us for the $10 fridge fee (yes there is a fridge fee)
• Didn’t charge us for the $25 pet fee
• Did honor the online price of $98 (after we didn’t cave to the bullying CS rep)
• Continental breakfast good (cereal, muffins, bagels, eggs, fruit, juice and coffee)
• Maintenance man and breakfast clean up lady were the really nice
• Location was convenient but so were the other hotels along Macleod trail
• Let us check in at 9am
• Allowed pets and children

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Dean/Caroline
CalgaryManagement, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2010

Thank you for your comments, both the negative and the positive. I am sorry to hear the room did not meet your expectations. We encourage you to make us aware of any short fall with your room while you are at the hotel so we have the opportunity to make it right. We strive to make every guest comfortable during their stay and appreciate hearing if we have over looked something. I will also pass along your comments about our breakfast and maintenance staff. We are pleased to have them on board with our team. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

Good: basic breakfast, staff in breakfast room very nice, observant and helpful. Asked for main floor and got it and appears main floor is non smoking, a plus. Also our room didn't have a fridge and microwave but after asking there was one brought in by the time we returned in the evening
Horrible: beds as hard as the floor; room too small for my mom to manouver around in her wheelchair; impossible for her to get into bathroom with wheelchair; no handicapped room at all in this facility; carpets in hallway filthy and stained; sheets were either threadbare or oily stained - the lighting in the room was so dark it was hard to tell. The bathroom had obviously been painted but they didn't bother to tape or remove items so paint splatter everywhere; water damage in bathroom ceiling; lever to make shower work the knob was missing so really had to struggle to get the shower to flow. The top ledge of the tub surround had not been cleaned in a while and was filthy.

All in all not a great experience at this facility. The only reason we stayed both nights is that we were unable to find something else in the area with a handicapped room or we would have left after the first night.

1  Thank 3gmom

Thank you for your comments, both the good and the bad. I will be sure to let the breakfast room staff see your comments about her service. It is great to be recognized in that way.
Our rooms can be on the small side for manouvering a wheel chair, which is why we choose not to convert any to be handicap accessible. We will look into your other concerns with the room and have maintenance repair any short-comings. If you do find something less than you expected, please let us know while you are on property so we can correct it for you. Thank you again for your comments.