“Our stay at Travelodge Calgary South”

Travelodge Calgary South
Ranked #92 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Spruce Grove
“Our stay at Travelodge Calgary South”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The room was comfortable and clean. It is the right place to stay if you just need an overnight stay and have no children with you. The breakfast has a nice variety and the staff that checked us in were very friendly even calling our room early in the evening to see if everything was okay or if we needed anything

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Front desk clerk was RUDE and hard to follow. The side door was not working so when we told the clerk she dismissed it as non-chalante and ignored us. When we got the the room we were disappointed with what we paid for. Generally just a horrible experience.
Btw wifi not working -_-

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Potter13
TravelLadyGTA, General Manager at Travelodge Calgary South, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you for your response, after reading your concerns and since I was not aware of any issues during your stay. I have looked into your comments and have found that both the side doors and WiFi are working fine. We have had no complaints regarding WiFi that are not user error. We strive to ensure that we give the best service that we can and we will be reviewing your comments at our next staff meeting. It however makes it difficult to track your concerns as you did not address it at the property or specifically with management. Please feel free to contact us directly at the property. Thank you for your helpful hints to improve our service

Travellers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Stayed there as there wasn't alot of rooms available for some reason. Problem with TV that was fixed rather quickly, but rooms were tired, realtively clean. It is what it is for the price. If your not expecting something like a 3-4 star for the price you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank amtiii
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I have never been so angry at the treatment I have received by a hotel.

My friend is driving from Vancouver to Calgary today to pick up a puppy for me and needs to stay at a hotel before driving back to Vancouver.

Yesterday I called ahead to Travelodge Calgary South to check if they accepted pets and to ask if I could prepay for the room for my friend. I was told that I could.

After calling ahead, I also called back to reiterate again the details and make sure there would be no issues for this 16 week old puppy who would obviously be stressed from being taken from it's family.

The person I spoke with (TJ), confirmed I could book the room online and that my card would be charged and my friend could use the room. I asked one more time, was that definite, and he assured me it was all good to go. My friend did not leave town until we had this triple confirmed and checked, for his safety and that of the young pup.

Just now the manager of the hotel called and told me she was cancelling the reservation because my friend does not have my card with him to pay for the room. I explained that I had already very carefully checked their policies on this, and she was not the least bit helpful. I told her that my friend has cash with him, but apparently they also will not accept cash payment for the room. She interrupted me constantly and was not the least bit interested in resolving the issue. She was beyond awful.

This whole situation is horrible. As of now my friend will be sleeping in his truck with Kira, due to the ignorance of this hotel.

When I called the head office they told me that Travelodge Hotels are owned independently and that the company has no control over how they are run. Please be aware that your reservation is not safe, and I would not recommend using this hotel unless it is an option to sleep in your car in freezing weather.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KatharineTravelling
TravelLadyGTA, General Manager at Travelodge Calgary South, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for writng your side of the conversation, and we welcome honest and truth in all comments.

As the rate of fraud increase, we take the use of ones credit card very seriously and we have very clear policies to protect honest guests from having their credit cards used by criminals. We require a copy of the credit card either faxed in or in person at check in. Several of my staff members tried to explain and work out details with you in regards to our policy. 2 different staff members plus the information on our brand website confirmed that you would need to fax in your credit card . Unfortunately, due to the level of conflict and abuse they received, they had no choice but to escalate your concerns to the management.

Every effort was made to protect the actual card holder and the hotel against any fradulent use of the credit card. It is unfortunate that you were unable to produce the actual credit card the you wanted to use. and since we were unable to take a look at the credit card, we had no choice but to cancel the reservation. We do need a secure form of payment. I am positive that most customers appreciate that we are very strict with their credit card number to ensure the safety of their finances.
As noted in your other complaints. the policies we and other hotels you have complained about, are similiar so I am shocked that you would be unaware of the standard need to produce a copy of the credit card before you booked a room at any location..

It is my understanding from the conversation that your friend did not have a credit card and did not have any money, which is why you were trying to pay for the room. In deed if you had mentoned that the guest who was actually going to be staying in our property had their own form of payment, we would have been more then happy to accept the guest. I am truely sorry that you did not mention this during our conversation as it was not our intent for the actual guest to have to suffer

As you noted, your "friend" did have cash and the night in question there were many hotels including ours that would accept cash.

Thank you for contacing Trip Advisor, Please feel free to contact the property directly if you would like to discuss this in more detail
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Very good location to the Rockyview Hospital which is why I stayed there and the price.That said nothing special -rooms were clean( important to me). The best service feature that they offer is their breakfast that's included. Good selection only thing missing was a waffle maker. Does need a total overhaul but for just a economic place to sleep it works. All staff I met were cheerful .

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lisa L
TravelLadyGTA, General Manager at Travelodge Calgary South, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Thank you for a fair and honest response, We love to hear both the good and the bad. Hearing all aspects of your stay allows us to improve on any problem areas and take pride in the good points.

I have passed your concerns in regards to renovations to our ownership group, and we look forward to making some postiive upgrades in the Spring time.

We welcome the opportunity for you to return to our location and look forward to seeing you soon