See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My wife and I needed to cancel our reservation. The front desk manager Rio Marcon was the most helpful. We weren't sure we could cancel but he understood our difficult situation, as we are in the midsts of moving to Calgary from Vancouver. It was so nice to be treated with understanding and compassion. Thank you so much Days Inn, hang on to people like Rio. They make your business flourish. I would be comfortable staying in Days Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jarred O
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Thank you Jill and Osman for going "over and above" to assist my Dad while he has been evacuated during the flood. Your hotel is very clean, great services and a real home away from home. The breakfast selection is good, the lobby is warm and welcoming. We didn't use the pool but it looks very nice. The elevators work just fine and all the staff have been very kind. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pumpkinheart
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thankyou

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I had to be in Calgary during a very busy week. Paid $250/night for a dirty room. The room desperately needed maintenance (curtain, sink not emptying fast enough, very noisy bathroom fan). The only recent change was the actual bath tub/shower and curtain. You can see the previous holes for the changed shower curtain.

The worst part about my stay? The second day (after the room has been cleaned up), there was a long black hair on one of the pillow. I'm all by myself in the room and I have no hair (I shave it). Where does it come from? Makes you wonder about the rest...

OK, I lied about 1 thing. For some reasons, the lock of my first door could not open after a couple of days... so I got a second room. It's in that second room that I found the long black hair on my pillow. First room was dirtier than the first (light switches, bathroom ceiling...) But what's worst : hair or dirt/stains?

Unless this is the last place in Calgary, I strongly recommend to go anywhere else. Pricy and dirty. In the summer, you could survive in a tent.

Room Tip: go elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mammifere
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Guest

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience during your recent stay with us, I do apologize and am not going to offer any excuse for the issues raised by you.
However, all the management and staff, especially housekeeping & maintenance have been appraised of this and have promised to make sure these issues are dealt with and do not re-occur with you or any other guest staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here on the 24 to the 26 of may, the entire hotel staff and management were most helpful. Rooms were very clean and tidy, front desk staff were very helpful, mostly during our check in. Thanks to manager on duty, who was able to listen and accommodate our concerns during our stay. He was very interactive and funny.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Singing M

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.. Your comments are appreciated and have been relayed to all staff.
We look forward to hosting you in Calgary on all your future trips.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Just to preface this review, I have never written or complained about a hotel, ever. Based on the treatment we have received, I feel I must say something. This place was horrible. First, the elevator didn't work. Up and down the stairs we went. Once in our room, I noticed that our duvet covers had sticky red stains all over them. The sink smelled like sewer every time we turned the taps on. We just chalked it up to a poor hotel that we would never stay at again....until we found the bugs. One was crawling on my child's luggage. The next was found crawling on our leg. I had it and tore the beds apart, because the bugs looked suspiciously like bedbugs. I took the fitted sheet off my bed and found one of these bugs crawling between the matress and fitted sheet under where I slept. That was it. I kept the bug and we checked out and lodged our complaint, with the bug, however no one responded. We went back to the hotel and the manager would not speak to us in person. He reversed our charges for both nights and claimed he was going to fire everyone. The next day he said he had and exterminator in. He didn't find any bugs but the one we killed was a carpet beetle. Because of this, he decided he would now be recharging us for one night. At that point we already had to wash and spray down all our clothing and luggage overnight. He also threatened us with 'legal action' if we complained about the hotel on trip advisor or anywhere else. We have a copy of the exterminator report that says there was at least one carpet beetle in that room. Carpet beetles don't bite, but they can infest your home and do alot of damage. We have tried to have this resolved at the 'customer care centre'. This company does NOT care for it's customers and will not resolve the problem for us. They told us to go to the credit card company to dispute the charge. That didn't work and any further calls for assistance have been met with the response that it wasn't bedbugs so everything is fine. Each person I speak to refers us to someone else who is not willing to take any responsibility for the shortcomings of this property and the people who work there. So, I guess it's alright that carpet beetles are crawling in the bed. What a joke. Stay far, far away from this hotel. Tell everyone you know not to go there. There is a Best Western half a block away that was apparently fantastic. Go there without delay. Please.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank AllanaC543
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Guest

It is sad to note that even after the hotel went out of its way to coorporate with you, you took the time to write a lengthy and may I say totally false account of the incident.

We have had the room checked for bugs by a professional company who have given a clean bill of health. In fact the City of Calgary Public Health Inspector was also call by you who came in to the hotel to check out your complaint. His clean report is available should you need to see it.