See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Four of us stayed in 2012 the first night we were placed in a room over the bar very loud. After the bar closed people were knocking on our door looking for the party room it was a sleepless night. We complained and the next night we were moved to the tower area much better. I spoke with the manager in regards to a free night or a refund on two phone calls the manager told me he would check into it the other two phone calls the manager told me that he would send me a free night coupon. That was 5 months ago and to this day I have no coupon no phone call nothing. Both mornings the continental breakfast that is offered had no juice ,no clean knives,no fruit, etc. The manager lies and it is not a nice experience.

Room Tip: In the tower is quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Guest

All gift vouchers promised by our manager are mailed out the same day to the guests address as shown on the reservation. Please contact our AGM, Rio Marcon at 403 243 5531 if you have not received the promised gift certificate.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

The staff were very attentive, and the rooms were basic but clean. We ate at the retaurant, and we were a very pleased with the food presentation, and the service. We were here at part of a large group, and we all had a good time.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thankyou very much for reviewing our property. We look forward to hosting you on all trips to Calgary.

I will pass on your comments to all staff. thank you once again

regards

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I booked through a discount website that did not give me the name of the hotel until after paying, and then read the reviews on this hotel. I was very concerned that we were ending up in a filthy, noisy hotel for our family vacation. All that worry was needless.
This hotel is clean, with great service. Very close to all amenities, and a perfect continental breakfast for those with young kids. The waffles weren't served the whole time, but they were available on the weekend, and there was plenty of variety to satisfy all of us. The pool area was clean and had plenty of towels. Rooms were small but functional, and did have a mini fridge which is nice.
We had to get cups several times because there weren't enough for all four of us, but that was a minor inconvenience. I even had to do laundry one night and found the laundry room to be clean and well kept with good working machines. Parking seemed to be a problem on Saturday night due to the pub traffic. This was our only issue, and the girl at the front desk (Margale?) was very rude about the situation. This is the only thing that dropped my rating of service down. We check out tomorrow and I will speak to the desk manager about it then.
Otherwise, for $89 a night this more than exceeded my expectations, and we will definitely keep this hotel in mind for next time. Beds were extremely comfortable and I have never rated that to any hotel (including several 5 star hotels we've stayed at). Absolutely NO issues with the elevator. All in all a good trip. Thank you Days Inn!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Gibbygirl33
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our hotel property. We have a lot of pride in our hotel and appreciate it when guests leave us happy.

Our front desk agent Mandre is still new and under training and I appologize for her behavior which is unbecoming.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

On par with other Days Inn. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location, half-way between downtown and major shopping complex. No microwaves or refrigerators in the room. Typical continental breakfast (waffles, cereal, muffins, juice, coffee). Famous brand doughnut shop next door.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CESilva
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thankyou for your review, I will pass on your comments to all staff members as well and we look forward to your next visit to calgary and for another chance to host you.

All our rooms do have a fridge, with microwaves in a few of the first floor roos.

regards

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Great hotel Fluffy beds Flatscreen TV Fast Wifi
There was only one problem

No 1st floor elevator access the elevator goes to P (Parking) to Lobby 2 then all the way to 4 and the toilet could use somemore flush power

Room Tip: Put the air conditioning on a few minutes before you go up to make it cooler
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rusty S
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate your time to write in a comment on our hotel property. Points noted have been passed on to the concerned departments.

We do look forward to hosting you again in calgary.