See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Staff were not attentive at all. When entering the bathroom in our room, I noticed a horrible smell. I discovered it was coming from the shower curtain. This is the kind of smell that an old dishrag will get when it's been sitting for too long. I hate this smell. I asked the front desk staff if the shower curtain could be replaced.

She wrote a note and told me she would tell the housekeeping staff. The shower curtain was never replaced. I can't believe staff who clean the bathroom can leave it when it smells so bad. Thankfully, the smell kind of went away when we used the shower.

I asked for extra towels our first night so there were a total of four in the bathroom. Cards in the bathroom state that if the towels are hung up, they will be left. If they're on the floor or in the bathtub, they'll be replaced. We hung up all of our towels and they all disappeared and were replaced with new ones. Unfortunately the extra towels were not replaced. When I asked for extra ones, this request was also written down by the front desk staff member and was never followed through.

I gave up asking front desk staff for anything at this point. Very frustrating.

Pillows are not comfortable. Bed was good. Breakfast was fine. Rooms were quiet.

One other complaint is that we only had one chair in our room. Another room booked for my mother who traveled with us had two chairs and a table. It's disappointing that our room didn't have this. But again, I gave up asking the front desk staff for anything.

Rooms were clean except for the smelly shower curtain. Staff were not attentive at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HistoryKelly
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Guest

I am sorry that your stay with us had issues with the front desk staff, rest assured these complaints have been dealt with, at no point do we expect our front desk agents to ignore guest issues.

The house keeping manager has also been advised of your complaint. I trust your next stay with us will be free of these issues.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights while taking my family to the concert at the B.M.O grounds. Great location to access malls and the city downtown area. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. Service was very good, except for the noisy neighbors that where talking loud all night which was total unacceptable. Something however should be done about the size of the room walls, it seems tiny that one can hear voices and conversations from people from other room. Nevertheless, we had a great time and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Friendly service
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our property, we do appologize for the noise from your adjacent room, however, it seems the rest of your stay with us was at par.

We look forward to hosting you again in Calgary

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We paid $149 for a room last night, money not well spent. The fellow in the lobby at check in was disinterested and rude. I phoned later from our room to say that the internet was not working, he was not interested. Noisy location, cars, trains, etc. Sad little breakfast. Room was OK, but overall not a friendly welcoming hotel. Guys drinking, smoking, and trying to beg money just outside the hotel. We did not feel safe.

Room Tip: Stay away: noisy, expensive and poor service
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Guest

I do appologize for the poor experience you had during your stay with us, rest assured the issues will be dealt with.

Regards

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Four of us stayed in 2012 the first night we were placed in a room over the bar very loud. After the bar closed people were knocking on our door looking for the party room it was a sleepless night. We complained and the next night we were moved to the tower area much better. I spoke with the manager in regards to a free night or a refund on two phone calls the manager told me he would check into it the other two phone calls the manager told me that he would send me a free night coupon. That was 5 months ago and to this day I have no coupon no phone call nothing. Both mornings the continental breakfast that is offered had no juice ,no clean knives,no fruit, etc. The manager lies and it is not a nice experience.

Room Tip: In the tower is quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Guest

All gift vouchers promised by our manager are mailed out the same day to the guests address as shown on the reservation. Please contact our AGM, Rio Marcon at 403 243 5531 if you have not received the promised gift certificate.

Regards

Reviewed 11 August 2013

The staff were very attentive, and the rooms were basic but clean. We ate at the retaurant, and we were a very pleased with the food presentation, and the service. We were here at part of a large group, and we all had a good time.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thankyou very much for reviewing our property. We look forward to hosting you on all trips to Calgary.

I will pass on your comments to all staff. thank you once again