“Good Value”

Ranked #86 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Vernon, Canada
“Good Value”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stay at Days Inn when ever I am in Calgary. I always get good value for the price.
Clean rooms, Friendly staff. Close to down town. Wi-fi, breakfast and parking included. what more do you need.
The breakfast is very simple but lots of fruit, toast, cereal, yogurt, and waffles and of course Coffee and tea.
One dislike is they use plastic cutlery and paper plates.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jojo4470
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thankyou for your review of our property, your comments are appreciated and we will do our best to make sure all our guests have a great stay with us.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Had to be at the BMO, Stayed the night of new year and I loved it alot. The location and the room was very comfortable. The service was very nice. The staffs were extremely friendly and professional. Rooms were up to date as it lacked nothing . . Would surely return to the days inn Calgary south when next I am in Calgary. I so much loved it......

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Tade O
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel property, it is a pleasure to note we have lived upto your expectations. The staff work hard to make all our guests comfortable and it is nice to know we have met the expectations.

Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The place is not too bad for decore, alittle beaten up. Needs improvement for the price. There was a resident drunk in the restaurant , and he's there every day apparently. I don't know why they would serve such a person. He was very annoying to everyone who came in. The staff were all pleasent but when we told the front desk that the heater would start every 5 min even when we tried to turn it off and that it kept us up all night he just said " and how was the rest of your stay" Our stay sucked , like what else is there , we did not sleep all night , like what are they selling . Teddy bears , no its a good night sleep. Fail, fail, fail. If your going to ask how my night was at least be able to do something when your product failed . everyone else in business must provide adequate value and when it fails they make restitution. Do not stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank dktiessen
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not come up to par. Do note, however, we are up-dating our guest rooms, (This is in progress) and I do believe on any future stays with us you will notice a marked improvement in our guest rooms.

Regards

Travellers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The room itself wasn't bad. One of the duvet covers was dirty, but after taking it down to front desk they quickly replaced it no problem and were very friendly and good about it.

What I am in disappointed in is the customer service of the Housekeeping department. We left an IPod in the room and didn't realize it was missing until we were on our way back to Saskatoon. My roommate- Who left the item called and it was there. I tried going twice to pick it up but both times it wasn't available because it was after hours. After that, it was weeks of trying to phone Housekeeping to get a hold of someone. I left countless messages and no one ever got back to me. I left 4 messages in a row for 4 days, and nothing. I FINALLY got a hold of the Executive Housekeeper, I explained the situation but didn't know my room number, so she said she would call me back. And never did. Then back to the phone tag game. 3 people involved in trying to get this figured out, and it took weeks. Very poor customer service. This may seem like a small issue, but I work in hotels as an Executive Housekeeper and would NEVER gotten away with treating a guest like this.

If you have the item, call them back. If you don't have the item, call them back. Not really that hard. Very disappointed in the way I was treated and how the situation was handled.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank daniellemonique44
Sampej, Front Office Manager at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest

First and foremost we would like to apologize for the miscommunication from our lost & found/housekeeping department.
We received calls from the actual owner of the lost item, who was not the registered guest of the hotel, advising us to hold the said item and not release it to anyone exept himself.
As per policy, we invistigated the case prior to releasing the said item. the invistigation resulted that the owner of the item was a guest if the registered guest of the hotel.
The said item has only been released when our manager spoke with both parties and have both agreed to release through a third party (mutual friend)
Due protocol was followed by the hotel staff, once again we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I was generally happy with my stay here - the room was bright, modern and comfortable and the location is good, with many restaurants nearby, plenty of parking and a 5 minute walk from the C-Train. I did find the front desk staff unhelpful at times, the wifi was slow in the evenings, the breakfast was minimal but decent, and while the food in the restaurant was good, it was overpriced and took way too long to make. Also, beware of the unsavoury individuals who hang around the back of the hotel at night...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank todowntowner04
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and hope that we will be of further service to you on all your visits to Calgary.

I have mentioned your comment about the front desk staff to our manager, the needful will be done.

regards
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I just wanted to take some time to thank everyone at the Days Inn Calgary South for the excellent service we received in 2013, especially during the rebuilding of the infrastructures in Calgary, during the floods. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate us. The Days Inn Calgary South is our first choice of accommodations and we look forward to doing business with you in 2014. Being in a business where travel is mandatory, we have stayed in hundreds of hotels over the last 20 years, and know the inside out of hotel rooms, staff, and customer service, and The Days Inn Calgary South tops the list of best hotels for us! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Tru-Line Survey... L
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, all staff and management take a lot of pride in what we do, your comments are much appreciated

regards
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Requested a cot which we received but no sheets when we called the front desk to ask for sheets were told that he was unable to get us any. TV channels were all fuzzy, the hotel is very loud, the lobby is very dirty there was an overflowing garbage in the lobby our whole stay. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Steve M
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest

I am saddened to note that your stay with us was not upto standard. I do appologize for all the issues that you have mentioned and these will be taken up with the department heads. We do not take customer service lightly and I am sure your next stay with us will be much improved.