“Service has dropped!”

Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary
“Service has dropped!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have been staying that this particular Hotel for last 10 years or so every summer! I also bring soccer teams and rent 4-5 rooms at a time! I just cant believe that I was put in a room with my family of 4 in a unsafe room?? Also it was Very Disgusting as the sink bathroom sink was plugged AND Shower! My wife and kids had to go to friends house to shower! I was in 204 and I rented a second for my parents which was room 203 and was not any better!!! My name is Danny Singh and feel free to look up last 5 years of previous bookings. Very Disappointed!!!! I would like to hear back if possible as I am planning a soccer trip back in 2nd week of September! Otherwise I will take it as Customer Service is Not a Priority at DAYS INN.
Thanks!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Danny S
Sampej, Front Office Manager at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Mr. Singh, First and foremost "Thank you" for taking my phone call a while ago. It is always our pleasure to resolve any issues that our guest may have had during their stay with us. As per discussed over our phone conversation, we are glad and looking forward to your next stay with us this coming September. Have a great summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The only positive was the staff and it went down hill from there..lamp not working....coffee pot not working...room smelled bad...fridge not working and leaked water on the bubbled up carpet...had to run the water for 15 min to get it hot enough to have a bath....the toliet made noises and barley would flush..the picture that it posted here showing the breakfast room is a total JOKE...it look nothing like this picture and we have stayed at other Days Inn ..the free breakfast what free breakfast slim to nothing breakfast...thank god for the Tims at the end of the block.... I really feel that health and safety should look at the pool and how it is secured ...no key lock entry but yet a pad lock that what I saw was never on so any small child that may have get away on their parents could end up in this pool..fix the key lock people..why did we not check out? good question but seeing that there were no other choices we hung in there.There will not ever be a second time for us staying there..On the way home we booked into the Medicine Hat Lodge and it was AWESOME..everything worked .

Room Tip: Don't stay at this Days Inn!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sampej, Front Office Manager at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to make a review about your stay with us especially your kind comments on our staff. Our Housekeeping and Maintenance Managers were called for a meeting this morning to discuss the issues that you have brought forth. Rest assured that it has been attended to and we hope that you will give us another chance to accommodate your stay next time you are back in Calgary.

Travellers are raving about these Calgary hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

People were very rude at check inn. The rooms were dirty, had been bitten either by bed bugs or insects during the stay. The 'gym' which was terrible, air conditioning blowing out hot air. Breakfast terrible. Bath tub drain blocked, toilet flush broken.

The worst bit being charged twice then being told its my error!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
I do apologize for your experience with us and the impression that it left you with.
I do believe that your relative came to the Hotel yesterday and has resolve the case especially the billing issue. We hope that you will give us another chance to host your stay next time you are back in Calgary.
Calgary
Reviewed 28 June 2014

People were very rude when I checked in and made me feel very embarrassed by saying out loud my moms credit card is no good it's declined .. I was very upset at the lack of coo the from your staff.. My mom did call and complained but it went unheard. Please teach your staffs manners in dealing with the public.. If we were to travel back we would have stayed there again if we were treated better tyvm and my moms credit card was fine

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review during your stay with us. We take all of our guest reviews and comments very seriously and I would like to ask you to kindly give us a call at 4032435531 and we would like investigate what had happened and the staff involved.