Days Inn - Calgary South
Hotel Blackfoot(Calgary)
The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2009

After reading the other reviews I see there is a pattern here. Check in was fine, the people at the front desk on nights were not so helpful but Mathew on days was excellent. I used points to book this room to start. As mentioned in other reviews we were also put over the local bar, the bass made the room vibrate it was that bad. With 2 small kids this was very unpleasant. They moved us to a different room near the main street, the cars were better than the music. So room 3 on day 2, it was a bigger room in a "quiter" part of the hotel until the bars closed, I would have thought a hockey team was in the house, the guy at the front desk did come up and settle them down but by then it was 3am. 2 nights 3 rooms and little sleep.
The elevator smelled like wet dog and the rooms were about a 2 out of 5 on the clean scale. The manager did give us a free night but I will not be using it. It appears this place has not seen much TLC since it was built in my guess the '80's. Too bad since allot of the new days inn's are beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Timotay111
Reviewed 28 December 2009

This was our third year to Calgary in March, and although our travel was arranged by someone new in the office, this was our first and last stay at Days Inn. The check in was fast and efficient, and the folks behind the counter were helpful, but the first room we were given smelled of stale vomit, so we asked for a new room. How the maids missed that I have no idea. Our request was met with a room over the hotel bar. Loud and annoying ‘til 2 am is how I’d best describe it, with no room change for the three nights we were there. The included breakfast is weak at best. Any speed internet, did not work in our room. I unfortunately left an item in my room and contacted the hotel from the airport. I made arrangements for this item to be sent to me in Vancouver and it took their staff eight phone calls and three weeks to put it on a bus at my expense. There are a lot of better choices in Calgary and Day Inn is not on my list of recommendations.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank themoneyman
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I stayed at the Days Inn Calgary South recently for a business meeting. Wasn't sure about the place after reading the reviews, but I found it to be great! Comfortable beds, clean room, and the front desk staff was extremely helpful. Apparently there is a new manager there so perhaps she is helping them improve their image. There were some renovations going on (not disruptful) which are going to really improve the look of the place as well. The rates were great and I had no issues at all. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2009

Check-in went well but on my way up to my room (over the bar UGH) there was empty beer bottles on stairs and what looked like dried spit on the railings. The bottles were cleaned up 3 days later and it was a sunday night check in. First glance the room looked good but on closer inspection the dishes were filthy ( I had a kitchenette suite for my 2 week stay). The great wireless internet didnt work, I had to go buy a signal booster and then it was very spotty. The Business centre was a frickin joke the computers wouldnt even connect to the internet. The walls were paper thin I could hear the couple in the next room............ When I spoke to the front counter about the issues I was politley blown off.... we will have maintanace look at it. I then switched rooms (thanks to the one lady that actually seemed to care) the garbages were full and there was someones yukky flip flops under the edge of the bed and the fridge was gross. I had no housekeeping for 3 days even after asking still nothing there was also a horribly strong odor of curry at times. I would have been more comfortable in my car but it was in Ontario and my rental was a dakota. All I have to say is STAY AWAY and look for another room somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank cocky76
Daysinncalgary, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2009

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to inform us of the problems during your stay. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. Our hotel is in the middle of a major renovation to the exterior, pool, and public areas and we are working withour staff to ensure every guest receives our very best service and hospitality. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Charlotte Cronin
Assistant General Manager
Days Inn Calgary South

Reviewed 13 October 2009

Let's start from the check-in part.

When I asked the young lady at the front desk if the parking lot was safe enough for me to leave some things (very large items) in the back of the car her response was "as safe as Calgary can be"...

In the room when I wanted to take a shower before going to bed I was unable to get any hot water, I tried and tried to reach the front desk and after 1 1/2 hour I finally reached them only to be told to let the water run and I would eventually get some hot water. No jokes I let the water run for 3 hours without getting any hot water.

Check-out comes 2 days later, before I could leave the hotel the front desk held me there for a room inspection. This was a first for me and I was really insulted.

Finally back home after a long week, I filed a complaint with Days Inn only to receive the following response:

We are sorry to hear about the problems you encountered, however that location being a franchise we are unable to go forward with your complaint. The location has its own complaint department and you should direct your complaint to them.

You think I did?