“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We only stayed one night, but this airport hotel is excellent. It's very new. We had a beautiful room with a spa and fireplace. The staff were wonderful. They have a restaurant and we arrived late one night but still managed to get a nice meal served to us, and in the morning, a lovely hot and cold buffet breakfast was included. We made use of their laundrette, which was so handy. We didn't notice any noise from airplanes taking off and landing nearby. Highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuenDarren
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your wonderful comments about our staff, food and the King Suite at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I truly appreciate the 5 star rating as well as hearing about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Blaine Lake, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I stayed her for one night and we loved it! For just over $100 the rooms were clean, modern and the beds were very comfortable. The next morning we got up for the complimentary breakfast and were amazed on the selection. There was omelets, hashbrowns, crepes, sausages etc....if we were to go to a restaurant instead we would have easily spent 25 dollars or more to eat the stuff we did. Staying here was well worth the money.

2 Thank nicoleboisson
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Your comments about our extensive complimentary breakfast are greatly appreciated! It's wonderful to hear how much our guests enjoy the selection and the build your own omlette station. Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and I hope to see you again soon in the near future.
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the BWPFI&S on May 26, 27. It was a wonderful place to stay. The front desk staff were friendly. I had two reservations due to one night being free through Tripadvisor and they quickly made sure our room was the same for both nights. The free business computers were handy when I had to print out some materials during the evening for work (does it ever go away any more?).

The room was great because I like it cold and was by the window while my daughter likes it warm and was on the other side of the fireplace with it on and stayed toasty. The free internet wireless worked very well. I found the staff friendly and they smiled and joked with me as I met them on the elevator and in the halls.

The breakfast was excellent. On Sunday there was even an omelette station where they cooked omelettes and eggs to order. My only suggestion would be to add "spray top and bottom of waffle maker with non-stick spray" to the instructions of the self-serve serve waffle maker.

Checkout was efficient and painless. We did not get to use the pool because my daughter had just had her hair done (grade 9 grad the following week - they grow so fast!) but it looked great.

The room was clean and refreshed Saturday after we left about one in the afternoon (teenage daughter need I say more?)

I will definitely stay here again. it is a very good value for the money.

Room Tip: top floor has no noise
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony W
I really enjoyed your comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I will definitely change the waffle instructions to include the non-stick spray and hope this will make it even easier for guest to enjoy these treats. I hope your daughter and you enjoyed her grad. (Have fun with grad 10!) We will look forward to you staying with us during your next visit to Calgary.
High River, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Staff did not acknowledge your stay when you are departing. The construction workers are using this hotel to stay in as they do the extension of the YYC Airport runway, But they are walking all through the hotel with muddy construction boots on into the breakfast room area, all the halls, and the elevators Hotel manager rude to a young couple in the swim area with a baby. To the point I was embarrassed for them.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and stay closer in to the airport. The Delta is far better place
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank yetiman508
Thank you for speaking with me regarding your stay and providing me with details about your experience at our hotel. I truly appreciate your feedback so that I could follow up with our shuttle driver about how he interacted with the young couple and baby in the pool area. He understands that there is some flexibility in allowing certain beverages in the pool area and will be more empathetic in the future. I also have personally spoke to the construction workers, unfortunately too late to impact your stay, and they are removing their muddy boots prior to entering or leaving the hotel. I'm very sorry your experience was not positive and I hope you will return another time so that we can endevour to exceed your expectations.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We spent two nights here at the end of our Canadian Rockies two-week trip, to explore Calgary for a day and then head to the airport the next day. If you are looking for a great hotel close to the airport, you won't be disappointed in this hotel. It took us only 8 minutes to drive to the airport and turn in our rental car (very important when you have an early flight). The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, and we loved the division between the sitting area and the sleeping area. They had absolutely the best breakfast we have ever had in any hotel. The breakfast staff were very friendly and cheerful. We were wondering what to do for our one day in Calgary. One of the managers was at the breakfast bar, and she gave us some great sightseeing advice. The only negative thing I have to say is that when they came to clean the room, all they did was make the bed -- they left the dirty glasses and the ice bucket with water in it. But everything else in this hotel was great, and we would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank VacationDreamer100
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel and rate us with 5's accross the board. It's great to hear that we were able to provide an exceptional end to your vacation and send you home with some lasting memories. Please come back to visit us soon.
Nottingham
Reviewed 29 May 2012

From the moment we spoke to Felix from the courtesy phone at the airport, our welcome was assured. The courtesy shuttle was despatched to meet us straight away. The room was a good size, and the bed very comfortable. It was also quiet - very important when you're trying to get over an 8 hour flight!

The breakfast was really good - with everything from waffles and oatmeal, cereal to fruit and yoghurt, plus a great omelette station so they were made fresh to order.

We then took the shuttle again to the airport to collect our hire car and begin our adventure.

1 Thank Soozee
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm pleased that our staff provided a warm welcome to Calgary and you had a quiet and restful sleep. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the build your own omelet station and all the additional items we offer for breakfast. Enjoy the rest of your adventure.
Brisbane
Reviewed 28 May 2012

After a long flight from Australia I arrived tired, worn out and in need of a meal, a bath and a good night's sleep. This hotel provided all of these and more. The shuttle from the airport was efficient and quick as was the easy check in by friendly welcoming staff. After a quiet restful sleep breakfast the next day was great as was the return shuttle to the airport. This hotel did it all for me - a wonderful start to my first time in Canada. Would recommend especially as it is so close to the airport but so quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tartiniBrisbane
Welcome to Canada and thank you for posting your comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites for all to read. It is great to hear that we met or exceeded all you needs and could provide such a fabulous start to your trip. Thank you for recommending us!